Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Music

Where do you rate Weezer's blue album?

Just listened to it for the first time in a long ass time and loved it. That album is absolutely solid from end to end. One of the best rock albums of the last 20 years. Can I feel comfortable saying this aloud or will more musically inclined people scoff?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Music

HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Mu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES

yeah I'll download a Hall and Oates album next...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Where do you rate Weezer's blue album?

Just listened to it for the first time in a long ass time and loved it. That album is absolutely solid from end to end. One of the best rock albums of the last 20 years. Can I feel comfortable saying this aloud or will more musically inclined people scoff?
people will scoff. Its a solid album. BTW nice way to start the thread off by insulting people in your title. Im sure that will draw lots of well thought-out, even handed responses.

Does one of the best = 10 best? since say 88? The issue becomes the rockers will come in and want GNR and the metalheads will bring in metallica (even if the last good album they recorded was pre this period) and all the indie kids will be screaming for Guided by voices and the hipsters will shout the bends and ill say Bile and.........
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Mu

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
people will scoff. Its a solid album. BTW nice way to start the thread off by insulting people in your title. Im sure that will draw lots of well thought-out, even handed responses.

Does one of the best = 10 best? since say 88? The issue becomes the rockers will come in and want GNR and the metalheads will bring in metallica (even if the last good album they recorded was pre this period) and all the indie kids will be screaming for Guided by voices and the hipsters will shout the bends and ill say Bile and.........

I hear ya, that was planned though to get people to give their 'cool guy' reaction.

the original post is generally modest and harmless however so hopefully people will focus on that.

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 01-21-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
yeah I'll download a Hall and Oates album next...

You smart ass I just did that to get a rise
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
You smart ass I just did that to get a rise

you got me, I am most sensitive to the eye roll. I think it is the most insulting of all emoticons.

good one
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Yes.
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't listened to any Weezer.

Never liked the hits so I never bothered with them.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I haven't listened to any Weezer.

Never liked the hits so I never bothered with them.

their hits are usually the worst songs on their albums
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
kidachi

Quote:
their hits are usually the worst songs on their albums

is island in the sun and hash pipe the worst song in the green album?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #12
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Hash Pipe was a really good song, but I never really cared for Island in the Sun. Also the Green Album isn't usually the album I put on if I want to listen to Weezer and most of the songs on that album are pretty forgettable anyway (despite being fairly decent collection of pop songs).
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi

I was thinking of and discussing the blue album (Buddy Holly)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

came out in a fun year. brings you back.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually thought about this a couple days ago while listening to My Name is Jonas and In the Garage.

It's definitely a good album. IMO music is either good or bad. Just because this was like a pre-curser to a lot of ****ty pop rock today, it doesn't mean that album specifically was bad.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: