Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Mu

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
IMO music is either good or bad. .

Really? There is a lot of music where I just go meh, but I definately don't hate it.

Led Zeppelin comes to mind.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Mu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Really? There is a lot of music where I just go meh, but I definately don't hate it.

Led Zeppelin comes to mind.

That wasn't my point actually. I meant that it shouldn't matter what genre a album falls into. I like this album cause it sounds good....I don't like 99% of the albums in the poppy alt rock genre cause it doesn't sound good. Simple as that.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #18
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I actually thought about this a couple days ago while listening to My Name is Jonas and In the Garage.

It's definitely a good album. IMO music is either good or bad. Just because this was like a pre-curser to a lot of ****ty pop rock today, it doesn't mean that album specifically was bad.

agreed

who is the dude in you avy talking into his TV remote (I know it is a poster, but I cant be bothered going through the poster pics thread), and why does Chris Hansen want him?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
agreed

who is the dude in you avy talking into his TV remote (I know it is a poster, but I cant be bothered going through the poster pics thread), and why does Chris Hansen want him?

CatzHernandez ak Chris Hernandez. Dude's breakings laws and Chris Hansen is gonna set him up eventually.

All it takes is:

CuteGirl69: u want 2 b friends?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
CatzHernandez ak Chris Hernandez. Dude's breakings laws and Chris Hansen is gonna set him up eventually.

All it takes is:

CuteGirl69: u want 2 b friends?

That's Catz Hernandez? I thought he'd be a 20 year old Mexican dude,not a 28 year old Irishman.

Damn!

But then again, VC still looks like Michael Scott to me.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES

A Hall and Oates fan knocking Weezer? BAHAHAH.

Anyways, it's a good album, but I think it gets overrated due to it's timing. It's one of those albums that defined a generation.

Rivers Cuomo himself is trash nowadays, but the Blue Album and Pinkerton are both classics. Pinkerton especially.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hey,This is for all you Guitar Players and Trendy F*cks who Claim to Know Rock Music

It was a decent album back in the day but wasnt even the best album that came out that year.

I remember listening and enjoying this stuff in my middle school days and then I ditched it when I found classic rock and Oasis.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #23
Hurlyburly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
It was a decent album back in the day but wasnt even the best album that came out that year.

I remember listening and enjoying this stuff in my middle school days and then I ditched it when I found classic rock and Oasis.

Invalidated due to avatar and personal appearance.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

There were many bands that released better albums in 1994. Offspring, STP, Dream Theatre, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam....potentially Green Day, Pantera, Megadeth and Live.

That's just rock.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #25
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurlyburly
Invalidated due to avatar and personal appearance.

You're right. My opinion is too good to be posted on here. I forgot I need to keep it down to your level with Wilco and other indie bull****.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blue album is one of the best 15 albums of the 90's. It's got like 6 radio singles on it, has a very 90's vibe, epitomizes nerdy rock kid...

There aren't 15 better rock or pop-rock albums from the 90's. Prolly not 10 better.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Blue album is one of the best 15 albums of the 90's. It's got like 6 radio singles on it, has a very 90's vibe, epitomizes nerdy rock kid...

There aren't 15 better rock or pop-rock albums from the 90's. Prolly not 10 better.

I named 5 from that year alone....up to 9 depending on your views of the second 4 I listed. It was a good album. Top 50 in the 90's for sure.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Offspring, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Pantera (well maybe them) and especially Live! don't belong in this conversation.

You're stuck in some late 80's/early 90's warp of prog metal and regular metal that has completely warped your ability to accurately put all music into proper context. I think everyone can agree you don't have much worth anything to add to these conversations.

Only you and the other 700 people at your last Dream Theater concert still listen to, and feels that way.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 01-21-2008 at 02:01 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Offspring, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Pantera (well maybe them) and especially Live! don't belong in this conversation.

You're stuck in some late 80's/early 90's warp of prog metal and regular metal that has completely warped your ability to accurately put all music into proper context. I think everyone can agree you don't have much worth anything to add to these conversations.

Only you and the other 700 people at your last Dream Theater concert still listen to, and feels that way.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #30
Hurlyburly
Banned

i seen hippo's has the worst taste in music.

I can understand him having a personal preference, but to say that the critically bashed stuff he likes is better than critically acclaimed music is ridiculous.

It's like arguing with the editor of Bon Appetite magazine about how grilled cheese is better than filet mignon.

Sure, you yourself may enjoy grilled cheese more than a filet mignon, but to say grilled cheese is better than filet mignon is just ridiculous.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: