Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Would you trade Kwame for Chris Wilcox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Wilcox is an up and coming talent.
They could get MUCH better offers for him than Kwame should they choose to move him.
He makes modest money and he's signed through next year.
Come on, get serious.

They are trying to rebuild, not take on any contracts. They will not get much for him. You can get a decent medium player for him but nothing thats going to help much in the future. They are starting from the ground up which is why i think takin 9 mil off the payroll to sign players to play alongside durant would be attractive. Im not saying that it will happen but i dont think its too farfetched. Tell me the MUCH better offers they can get for him. Hes getting very limited minutes now...looks like hes getting a little lost in the rotation. Up and comming?...hes been up and comming for 5 years now, its clear hes not going to be a superstar forward, but he would help this team. Have Lamar play the 4 at his natural position. Then there can be a LO, Wilcox, Luke, Ariza roation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
Anyway, not going to happen. I think or best chance is still to pull Haslem from the Heat for some of our young guys and expiring contracts because their season is totally over. They just lost what their 14th in a row tonight? We have to find a way to get Haslem. It sures us up in the short term (while Bynum's down) and puts us firmly in championship status for the long term.

Huh? We have a much better shot at wilcox than haslem. Haslem is much much better than wilcox and is a very cheap big for what he provides. Decent midrange, scrappy D, rebounds...cant ask for more from a role playing pf. Just bc their season is over doesnt mean they are going to willing to part with their best role player.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #17
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Yeah I misspoke. I meant to say, NEITHER of them are likely to happen. But the one I would LOVE to see would be Haslem (not the most possible). Wilcox would be my second choice. Anyway, not gonna happen; I'll piss off my balcony if we get either of them before the deadline. I'll even aim to hit someone on the head.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #18
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seattle would never make this trade, Wilcox makes a very reasonable 6.7 mil next season and gives them 13/7 in only 27 min a game. He is way to valuable to dump him just to shed his modest 6.7 mil next season
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #19
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Wilcox is Elden Campbell with longer lettuce...
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #20
KOBELO
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KOBELO has an OK reputation so far

In A Hillbilly Heartbeat!!!!! I Realize Brown Was Out For A While, And That Could Be The Reason He Was So Out Of Sync. But He Was At All The Games And Could Have Observed How The Team Played, Putting Himself In Bynum's Place And Figuring How He Could Make The Team Game Better When The Plays Come Through Him. He Is So Busy Trying To Make Something Good Happen, That He Blows Every Play Coming To Him Which Frustrates Him. If He Would Slow Down And Let The Game Come To Him He Would Probably Be A Better Player. But He Just Isn't Laker Material, Never Has Been. Wilcox On The Other Hand Has Big Hands , Is Not A Turnover Artist, And Has A Good Inside Game And An Average Mid-range Game. I Think He Would Fit Into Our Triangle Offense A Lot Better Than Brown. So The Question Is "What Can Brown Do For You?" Please Be Traded To The Sonics. Thank You For Your Contribution To This Organization But Ya Gotta Go. As I Said, In A Hillbilly Heartbeat. But I Don't See It Happening.
KOBELO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: