Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Ceballos
Banned

Default When do we get rid of Lamar Odum?

He's totally wrecking this team apart!!! I don't care if it was intentional or unintentional...this dumbass has injured Bynum and Ariza! Is his next victim going to be Kobe? He's a total waste of space. I can't stand this guy.

And this knumbskull keeps saying he will change and do this or that. Dumbass Odom has been in the leauge for ten years!!! He's never going to change. He was a cancer with the Clippers and Heat and now he's spreading his cancer to the Lakers.!!

Get rid of him PLEASE!!!!

Last edited by Ceballos : 01-21-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Ceballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
pinoyballer247
I airball my layups

Default Re: When do we get rid of Lamar Odum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos
He was a cancer with the Clippers and Heat and now he's spreading his cancer to the Lakers.!!

i wouldn't say he was cancer to the heat. i thought he played pretty well over there.
pinoyballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

What I dont understand is why are we still keeping him if he has been contemplating retirement after his contract is up?

Next off-season when gilbert arenas comes to us, Hopefully we do a S&T that gets lamar over to Washington and gives us gilbert arenas.

Seriously I hate saying Odom's name now. When I say it I just get so angry!

I can't see how people still like him.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

hatred for odom is just senseless.

as is this post.
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
fiddy
HC4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222

as is this post.

Agreed.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

I totally understand it when people here hate on Smush, Radman, Cook, Sasha, etc. All of those guys either suck or don't try (or both).

But I'm baffled as to why LO is getting the Smush treatment here. No one can question his effort. No one can dispute that he's stepped it up in the playoffs these past two years. No one can deny he's at the very least our thrid most important player.

Do you guys really think it's reasonable to blame him for Bynum and Ariza's injuries? Isn't it virtuous to go all out, all the time? Imagine if Ronny had been responsible for the injuries, instead--wouldn't the majority of you guys just shrug and chalk this up to a freak accident? Why the double standard?

I'm not denying that Lamar's less-than-perfect as a player. He'll disappear for stretches. He'll commit the occasional offensive foul. He likes to shoot jumpers more than a 6'10 player should like to shoot them. All in all, he hasn't been a great on-court complement to Kobe.

But the hate being directed at Lamar is drifting into the realm of personal insults: "even saying his name makes my blood boil;" "he's a cancer;" "trade this piece of trash now!" and so on and so forth. As if it's a character flaw. Never mind the fact that he's been the consummate teammate throughout his Laker tenure. Never mind the fact that his effort on the court is beyond reproach. Never mind the fact that he was one of the few players who seemed to give a **** last year in the playoffs, when an overmatched squad was sent home after just 5 games.

Look, you guys are allowed feel the way you do. If you want him gone, go ahead and explain why you want this guy gone. But if you want to have any credibility in what you say, at least have legitimate reasons. Something more substantial than "he's a curse." Please.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
BLAHBLAHBLAH.

In short: what apeman said. Geez I'm longwinded.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

everyone that posted in here doesnt know anything about basketball....probly never touched a ball in there life...odom is a thug.

watch a game for once?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222

as is this post.

Sorry you feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Agreed.
great post!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
everyone that posted in here doesnt know anything about basketball....probly never touched a ball in there life...odom is a thug.

watch a game for once?

I don't get it, you say this in every single thread. I don't understand who's side your on.

Do you want Odom? Do you hate Odom? Is thug meant to be good in this case? What are you getting at????
Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #11
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Lamar is the only quality big man we have. If a trade were possible, we'd need some kind of big man in return who can give us 10+points and 9+rebounds, plus the passing skills Lamar brings.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #12
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

I think he's stepped up lately. His shooting is still crap, but he's giving an effort that is extremely admirable, and he's playing smarter than usual. His missed shots now are mostly around the rim and at least he's getting fouled, instead of long jumpers/threes. He played excellent tonight (even though we has like 4/12 FG's) and we don't win the game without him. The fact is, with the emergence of Bynum, I think Lamar is actually the perfect 3rd man for our team. He does everything well, hustles, works hard, and doesn't want to take a lot of shots. Which is exactly what you want from a third option, when you have two big time offensive guys (Kobe and Bynum). He's the unselfish guy who could be an all-star (if he was more selfish) that helps you win championships by doing all the stuff the big stars don't do.

Now, the question is will Odom step up in the next 6-7 weeks and become the second guy? If he doesn't, that leaves it up to Fisher (like tonight) or Walton (like, um, well its been awihile). I think he played as well as you could want him to today, making great passes, rebounding, defending, and taking it to the basket instead of settling for the outside shot. Tonight he still wasn't the "second option," but that's ok because Fisher was huge, and he did look to score when he was open. If Lamar plays the way he did tonight, the remainder of the Bynum injury interval, we will be in great shape. If he disappears as he has before, we're going to be in some trouble.

He doesn't have to score the most (or second-most) points, he just has to remind us, and the opposition that he's in the game. Which means at least 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 10 shot attempts, and extreme effort output.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #13
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

odom = key to sucess
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #14
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Alright, i get it...you dont like Odom...move on. Or better yet, go to the Celtics page and annoy them
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

Talking Re: When do we get rid of Lamar Odum?

Gotta give support to any of the Lakers. Odom is good in stretches. Who else is going to replace him on the team right now? He has length to bother shots. He makes fantastic drives to the hoop at times when the clock is running down. I know he is not perfect, but give him a break. We need him to play his best right now. They are not going to get a decent trade for him in midseason any way. We don't want another Kwame Brown trade right now. The team will be even worse off than they are now if that happens. I am trying to be positive even though Odom and Kwame both drive me crazy at times.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: