Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default The Official Guitar Hero/Rockband Thread

I understand that this is a sports forum but there has to be a few GH/RB players out there. Hopefully this thread will last.

Anyway, Post your choice of difficulty, favorite songs, least favorite songs, list some achievements (not necessarily Xbox 360 achievements, say if you finally beat that tough song that you working on for weeks, or if you just recently went up a level) that you've made. Post some of your strengths, weaknesses, etc. I'm an expert player, but I'm not the typical expert player that you would see on Scorehero (I hate that forum... been IP banned twice for no reason) that thinks you suck if you play on anything lower than expert. So if you play on easy, go ahead and post here, medium, be my guest, and so on and so forth. And if you play rockband AND guitar hero, discuss both games.

Guitar Hero

Difficulty: Expert

Games I've played: Guitar Hero 3(I want to play GH2 and try Jordan and some of the other hard songs)

Strengths: I'm Good at hammer-ons, I can tap the intro of Dragonforce, Since I've been involved with music since I was 7 years old, finding the beats and rhythms come very easy to me. I have fast fingers from 13 years of playing the piano.

Weaknesses: Composure. I can pass the intro of Through the Fire and Flames(Dragonforce), but I'll fail in the "easier spots" because I'll get to excited. Medium speed alt-strumming(strumming back and forth instead of just down strumming)

Favorite Songs: One(Metallica), Cliffs of Dover(Eric Johnson), Paint it Black(Rollingstones), Through the Fire and Flames(Dragonforce)

Least Favorite Songs: Raining Blood(Slayer), Kool Thing(forgot the artist name)

Some Achievements: I've beaten every song on hard. On expert, All I have left on Career Mode is Raining Blood and the last Boss Battle(that's gunna be a b*tch). I've 5 starred half of career mode plus a few songs on the bonus list. Can't yet beat the hardest song(Through the Fire and Flames), but I can beat the intro.(If you know anything about TtFaF in Guitar Hero 3 on expert, you know that the Intro is almost impossible to play with one hand, so I strum with my elbow and help my left hand out with hitting some of the buttons with my right hand.

Rockband

Instrument of Choice: Lead Guitarist

Difficulty: Expert

Favorite Songs: I've only played RockBand twice so I don't really have a favorite song yet.

Least Favorite: Definitely the Fallout Boy song.

Achievements: Compared to Guitar Hero, the lead guitarist part in Rock Band is very easy. In 2 days, I've beaten every single song on expert, including 4 starring Green Grass and High Tides, which is Rockband's Through the Fire and Flames/Jordan. I got 5 golden stars on 3 different songs, I 5 starred over 30 other songs, the rest are 4 stars.

I don't have an Xbox 360 yet, but I'm getting one with XBL Gold in about 3 or 4 weeks. If any of you play Guitar Hero and is a gold user, even if you don't play on expert. I'm not the typical GH ass*ole that thinks you suck because you don't play on expert. I started on easy mode just like everyone else did. In fact, I've failed my first easy mode song ever, but quickly became and expert player within 2 weeks.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Official Guitar Hero/Rockband Thread

This isn't a sports game forum.

I'm half way through hard right now in GH3 on Wii.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I know it's not a sports game forum but sports games are popular here.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

i just noticed that i can play GH on my ps2.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If someone else has GH on Wii I'm down for some co-op; I don't mind playing bass.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
clipps
Good college starter

I need to play Through the Fire and Flames(expert) on co-op with someone. Don't worry about the intro. I can tap my way through the intro on Lead Guitar. So if I can have someone else who can play expert play the Rhythm Guitar. The intro is way easy on rhythm guitar.

But I'll have to get a 360 and the game first, so I'm saying this in advance. Anyone that has 360, GH3, and plays on expert. If you don't play on expert, that's cool as well. It's just more fun with both players playing on expert.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #7
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm still currently working through the easy songs. Haven't had so much time to play it, and I'm still getting used to it, but I'm doing ok I think.

I don't dare do co-op modes yet though. Need more practice beforehand. Mine is for the Wii by the way, forgot to add that in.

Last edited by ukballer : 01-23-2008 at 07:19 AM.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
clipps
Good college starter

Well, it'll take me a good 3 weeks before I have the money for a 360 AND gh3.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i prefer rockband, with drums on medium atm, working up to hard mode
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

which one should i buy? guitar hero? II? 80s? or Legend or Rock?
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

my favorte songs are impulse,fall of troy and senses fail
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation

I prefer Frets on Fire, its a free guitar hero on pc, you can put your own songs in, and you could use a keyboard or even get your guitar hero guitar plugged in.

Oh yah, you can put every single guitar hero/rock band song in it.

For more info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frets_on_Fire
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

My favorite track is Same Old Song and Dance.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

DMizzle is considered somewhat coolDMizzle is considered somewhat cool

I got it for the ps3. My favorite song is probably my name is jonas expert
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves