Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #16
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The Official Guitar Hero/Rockband Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
which game is better?? I, II or III??

Depends on your music tastes.

The original Guitar Hero has alot more "classic" selections with a touch of newer music and Guitar Hero II has more newer songs - lots of 90's - with less "classic" rock and roll.

Guitar Hero song list

Guitar Hero II song list

Guitar Hero III song list

Guitar Hero 80's song list
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #17
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

DMizzle is considered somewhat coolDMizzle is considered somewhat cool

I would get guitar hero 2 just to play sweet child of mine over and over.
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #18
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I don't know about you guys... but GH3 kinda disappointed me.

Sure there were good songs, but none of them were fun to play to. More of impossible riffing.

GH80s was ripped for being a rip-off, but nothing beats having a nice song of I Ran (so far away) after a hard day's work or the warrior. 18 in life was pretty nice too.

GH1 had some good ones like Ziggy Stardust in which you can coast and really feel each tune. Same goes for Iron Man and Take me out.

GH2 was a classic. Lots of good songs, I remember getting so excited to go on to the next stage because they had a ton of good songs to play to (albeit easy ones). They also have Free Bird, which is a great 10 minute mix of slow rock and fast riffing.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:29 AM   #19
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Through the Fire and Flames(ttfaf) is insane. It's amazing how a sh*tty ass Studioforce song is insanely fun to play on GH3/Expert

I CAN GET PAST THE INTRO ON EXPERT(It helps if you know how to tap... A definite head turner/jaw dropper at Walmart/Bestbuy)!!!!! I just die somewhere in the middle. On a side note for those who don't know, tapping is where you bring your strumming hand up to the fretboard and tap some of the buttons when you are playing a big series of hammer-ons/pull-offs, most of the time, you use your elbow to strum. It's tough to learn, but once it's masterred, it makes some of the "impossible" parts in the game much easier like the Intro of TTFAF, a spot where people commonly fail literally a second of starting the song, but if you practice tapping that part, you can literally get 90-100% on that section. Trust me, tapping is worth it, because of tapping, not only you actually get the chance to play ttfaf/expert on an actual run, but you start the song off with a 225+ note streak.

I need to work on getting past some of the other sections without having to use star power so I have some left for the insane solos about 3 quarters of a way through the song. I'm getting better and further and further into the song each time I play it.

My fingers surprise me sometimes. Feels like my fingers are on autopilot sometimes. I'll hit some tough combos and say to myself "u serious, did I just hit that combo?"

Can't stand the guitar part on rockband anymore. It's way too easy for me. I was able to beat the whole game(including the bonus tracks) on expert/Guitar in 2 days, including all of the "impossible" songs. I 5 starred 45 out of 58 songs, 5 of them were 5 golden stars, 3 of them were FCs(100% notes hit). Went back to GH3 and failed songs that I normally pass like Cliffs of Dover, One, etc. because I got used to the easier rockband.

Last edited by clipps : 01-25-2008 at 04:34 AM.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

what installment where i can play Stairway to heaven?
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #21
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i tried one of the impossible songs on medium(drums) wow, talk about fun

now some of the other songs on medium are just easy to me
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #22
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

guys?
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #23
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:

None of the console versions of Guitar Hero or Rock Band offer 'Stairway to Heaven'. The PC version of Guitar Hero III may be able to upload custom songs? I am not sure though as PC games are not my strength.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #24
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

I just started on Guitar Hero 3, Legends of Rock. I'm only doing easy, and I'm getting better at that. I tried Medium and I sucked badly.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #25
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
I just started on Guitar Hero 3, Legends of Rock. I'm only doing easy, and I'm getting better at that. I tried Medium and I sucked badly.

practice you must
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #26
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
practice you must

yea, once you get *ok* on medium, easy becomes boring
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd get GH 80's just to play Holy Diver, Wrathchild and Electric Eye over and over again.

I got Rock Band a couple days ago. Only at the fourth set of songs. Love playing Gimme Shelter.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #28
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
practice you must

My brother had a party, one of his friends got drunk and left the Guitar Hero game, his PS2 Slim, and two guitars. So I'm just hoping he doesn't claim them soon. I'm thinking of getting it for 360.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #29
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
My brother had a party, one of his friends got drunk and left the Guitar Hero game, his PS2 Slim, and two guitars. So I'm just hoping he doesn't claim them soon. I'm thinking of getting it for 360.

yeah, GH3 is ok. i got bored of it in like 3-4 weeks
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #30
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

That's what I originally said about GH3. Then I tried hard and expert... Changed my mind quickly after that. GH3 on expert gets so addicting.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: