Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default xbox 360 keeps freezing..

on the loading screen of my madden and when its loading for the actual game on nba 2k8.. so what should i do??
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: xbox 360 keeps freezing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
on the loading screen of my madden and when its loading for the actual game on nba 2k8.. so what should i do??

Try starting the 360 without the Madden game in it. Start it up and then when the menu screen pops up, slide the game in. I was having the same problem with NBA2K8 and this took care of the problem. I believe it has something to do with the memory build up. I'm sure someone else can explain it.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Buy a PS3.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

every once in a while i get a "unreadable disc" error. i just pop it back in and it works. make sure the discs are clean and that you're not starting the system up w/ the game already in it. maybe some canned air to blow away dust from the disc door? i wouldn't do any kind of lens cleaning disc either.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
every once in a while i get a "unreadable disc" error. i just pop it back in and it works. make sure the discs are clean and that you're not starting the system up w/ the game already in it. maybe some canned air to blow away dust from the disc door? i wouldn't do any kind of lens cleaning disc either.

That should be rule #1 when playing 360 as well as not moving the 360 AT ALL (I'm talking like 1 mm worth of movement).

Got a warranty in-store? If so, trade it in ASAP. Don't have a warranty? Time to call up M$ and get your coffin box now before you have to wait too long.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #6
Clipper 4 Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Clipper 4 Life has an OK reputation so far

Make sure it aint cracked i had this problem with my Saints Row It didnt work and when I looked closer it was cracked if not just clean it and put it back in the disk tray
Clipper 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper 4 Life
Make sure it aint cracked i had this problem with my Saints Row It didnt work and when I looked closer it was cracked if not just clean it and put it back in the disk tray

now that i think about it, that happened to my 1st copy of nba2k8. i kept trying to get it to read and it wouldn't. 5 minutes later i noticed it had a hairline crack in it. i was bummed out.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #8
Clipper 4 Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Clipper 4 Life has an OK reputation so far

My bro broke my second copy i had Saints Row in the disk tray and it wasnt in correctly and he shut it and it cracked so i gave up on saints row lol
Clipper 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't leave the CD in the xbox once your done playing. NEVER move the xbox when the cd is in. Depends what position the xbox is in. Try to return the madden if you can.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: