Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default What does Charlotte Need / Want

The Bobcats need to ass salary before next season to meet the CBA. Do the Cats want veteran leadership or more youth and depth. An experir or are you willing to take on a few yrs. Would you guys want Sasha Pavlovic(experir) Luke Jackson (one more yr) Ira Newble ( 1 more yr) or Snow but he has 3 more yrs left. for Brevin Knight
7 Mil for 4.4 Mil.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I think that they need to get some vetran leadership. They have plenty of young talent on their team right noe. I mean they have Morrison, Felton, May and Oakafor. Wallace isn't that old either. They need some vets to show the young players the ropes.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

yes, a veteran shooting guard or a veteran center would'nt hurt us if we signed one for a couple of years.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
yes, a veteran shooting guard or a veteran center would'nt hurt us if we signed one for a couple of years.
Want Eric Snow.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

ehhh, we have Knight who is like a veteran now that I think about it, we need a veteran scorer...Snow won't lead the team in scoring. Nice idea though.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Here's a suggestion on how Charlotte can add enough salary to get above the minimum salary point with expiring deals.

The Lakers can send you Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Aaron McKie. You can send a trade exception to Atlanta and Al Harrington goes to the Lakers.

Bonzi Wells is still out there and Charlotte could offer him a contract. That's another option. He probably wouldn't take it, but offering him one couldn't hurt.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Here's a suggestion on how Charlotte can add enough salary to get above the minimum salary point with expiring deals.

The Lakers can send you Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, and Aaron McKie. You can send a trade exception to Atlanta and Al Harrington goes to the Lakers.

Bonzi Wells is still out there and Charlotte could offer him a contract. That's another option. He probably wouldn't take it, but offering him one couldn't hurt.

We better not sign Bonzi. I will be pissed if we sign him.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I would love for you guys to get Cuttino Mobley. He would be a great scoring option next to Morrison. I don't know what his contract is like, just someone I would like to see you guys get.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

we need a SG and a dominant center but not this season for me. I'd like to see one of them give the current squad more experience for a year and then draft a guy (probably pick around 10 or 11) and get the other as a big free agent signing. Alot more talent expected to be there next season than this.

If we keep Knight this season too, then for him and a decent 1st, might let us move up next draft and get one of the great centres, then we'd just want an experienced SG FA and we'd be able to offer alot for the best one out there.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Want Eric Snow.
Cas wont give up Snow unless in a sign and trade.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Here is a thought. We suck this year and then we get Oden in the draft.

Just kidding. Hopefully we can get Oden though.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

if the Cats got Oden, that would just be scary
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

Oden would obviously be awesome but Noah could probably do a good job for us too. Few good Centers next year and then if we blow our money on a top SG (can u imagine one of those centers plus say AI coming here lol), then we'd be set for a good playoff run I'd have thought. Just have to see what happens and which FAs would come to us next year as sure that will be the time we sign a big one as even though I like that we haven't so-far and been building through draft, think that will be the perfect time. Even look at paying some1 like Ben Gordon who's still young but think will be a FA next season (though maybe restricted?) a good amount of cash and a garenteed starting job at SG to come here then.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 AM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

If you want a SG, Doug Christie would be an ok choice. He comes really cheap and has barely any value. Hes known for his D and might provide some help on the defensive side for the Bobcats.

Or if not, how about Latrell Sprewell? He might be a little expensive. Maybe you guys should think about him in the middle of the season or next year because I doubt any team'll sign him. He has some attitude issues but he'll be a BIG help on the offensive side. He doesnt come cheap though, which is why I was suggesting waiting a little while.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #15
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

no no no to Sprewell !

just no way. there's a reason no team will sign him!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: