Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 02-13-2008, 03:07 AM   #16
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Will Candace Parker make the WNBA more popular?

The WNBA will never be a mainstream sport........it'll always be something that the bull dikes will be drawn to.

I'm not trying to be sexiest, but while there may be a phenom that comes around once in a while it's never going to be enough to change the league from team to team over.......You'll have one badass player and a whole bunch of awesome layup/3pt shooters.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

She will definitely make it more popular. Anyone that doesn't agree is being illogical. She's genuinely attractive and will be inarguably one of the best players in the league.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #18
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
She will definitely make it more popular. Anyone that doesn't agree is being illogical. She's genuinely attractive and will be inarguably one of the best players in the league.

Diana Taurasi had a better college career and didn't do didly squat for the WNBA......I'm not trying to be sexiest or anything, but nobody really gives a crap about women pro sports.....they aren't athletic enough to be entertaining.

I mean the fact that you have to say "She's genuinely attractive" as one of the selling points is sad and it's sad, because it's the truth......guys only really care about looks when it comes to women sports, look at women's tennis........but even Candace Parker doesn't look good enough to make ratings sky rocket for the WNBA.

Maybe just maybe when players like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-iH...eature=related are common in the WNBA, the WNBA will be relevent and people will actually care about it.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 02-18-2008 at 06:57 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #19
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
The WNBA will never be a mainstream sport........it'll always be something that the bull dikes will be drawn to.
I'm not trying to be sexiest, but while there may be a phenom that comes around once in a while it's never going to be enough to change the league from team to team over.......

One big problem of the WNBA is the league being hijacked by a bunch of Femine Nazis, insecured homos, and men haters. As long as these hypocrites occupy the arenas, the WNBA will never be a big league sports. I don't care if Candace Parker or even Tony Parker dresses up as Eva Longoria to play, it ain't gonna make any difference.

I do feel bad for most of the WNBA players. There are some pretty good players in their own respective gender. Unfortunately they have to suck up to this kind of crap in order for the league to survive.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 AM   #20
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

I like the wnba as long as they don't try to be mini-nba, they're different and if they could finally realize that than they would be successful.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

She's skipping her senior year and going to the draft!
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 AM   #22
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Hoping she actually is the LeBron of the WNBA, but I doubt this board would really care. Maybe the occasional thread about her dunking in a game or something.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #23
Kitty19
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kitty19 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I like the wnba as long as they don't try to be mini-nba, they're different and if they could finally realize that than they would be successful.

I agree
Kitty19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: