Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Spurs, 1/23/08, 6:00PM PST, AT&T Center

Hi Everyone,

VS.

6:0PM PST // 9:00PM EST Game Time

Television: K-CAL TV 9 Los Angeles, ESPN
KLAC 570AM LA Laker Radio Station

Season Record vs. Spurs: 1 - 1

This is the official gamecast for the Lakers vs. Spurs.

Firstly, programming note: Bleedinpurple's "plan" goes into execution tomorrow (Thursday) so please do not forget.

The Lakers will be taking on a Spurs team that has been struggling of late. Don't let that fool anyone here. The Spurs are formidable and experienced, and they are the kind of team that can give the Lakers fits as they play solid defense and passing lanes and defensive risks are minimized in the Spurs system. Lets hope the Lakers can perform as they did against Denver, with everyone moving. The Lakers will need a strong performance from their Bigs as well to combat the Spurs strong front line and to provide help defense as Parker and Manu some slicing in.

There will likely be a similar thread in the NBA main forum, so please feel free to participate in both threads.

Game Preview: ESPN Game Preview

Go Lakers!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Spurs, 1/23/08, 6:00PM PST, AT&T Center

!!!go Lakers!!!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Spurs, 1/23/08, 6:00PM PST, AT&T Center

Lakers score 100 and they will win.
A game we could definitely win even without Bynum but probably won't.
I think we still have every chance to out run them and drop big numbers.
The Spurs make killer runs though and the problem could be wether the younger players handle the runs and weather the storm.

Oh, and Go Lakers!!!
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
playamade_meskin
I airball my layups

playamade_meskin has an OK reputation so far

All I can say is....PLEASE STEP YOUR GAME UP KWAME!

U WERE A #1 DRAFT PICK! OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE THOUGHT YOU WERE VERY TALENTED AND HAD ALL THIS POTENTIAL! YOU ARE GOING UP AGAINST DUNCAN TONIGHT SO PLEASE STEP YOUR GAME UP! I Live in SA now and I don't wanna put up with all these dumb fans taunting me all the damn time in the morning I'm never affraid to represent no matter where I am so please Kwame represent the Jersey well too!
playamade_meskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

hi, unfortunately i have a viewsat and today isnt working..

can anyone post a link to watch the game ?

the ones that are sticky are only audio.

thanks.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
hi, unfortunately i have a viewsat and today isnt working..

can anyone post a link to watch the game ?

the ones that are sticky are only audio.

thanks.

Sopcast/TVU links usually don't get posted until right before the game. I'll see if I can find one.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's always so difficult to beat this team. They are always successful at stopping the passing game. I don't know how we can beat them.

Hopefully we figure something out and pull off a miracle upset. Kwame is key and Fisher would probably have to have another huge game to get us over the hump.

Walton needs to start showing up to games his decreased numbers isn't helping at all. I can tell that he picked up on his defense from last season but still, he gets blown by his opposition and he's underachieving more than I have ever seen him. He should at least go back to his passing game. I notice he is always looking to score now.

Lamare needs to have a game similar to last but he cannot miss open layups and the same goes for Kwame. Teams like SA thrive on missed shots.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my keys to the game
1. keep Parker and Manu out of the lane.
2. go under screens and make parker and Manu shoot long 2 jumpers.
3. no open 3's for Bowen and Barry.
4. Win the rebounding game
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope everyone is IN on this idea... dont forget to follow the instructions on this thread:
Go Lakers!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Sopcast/TVU links usually don't get posted until right before the game. I'll see if I can find one.

thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
Lakers4PHAT
I airball my layups

Lakers4PHAT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It's always so difficult to beat this team. They are always successful at stopping the passing game. I don't know how we can beat them.

Hopefully we figure something out and pull off a miracle upset. Kwame is key and Fisher would probably have to have another huge game to get us over the hump.

Walton needs to start showing up to games his decreased numbers isn't helping at all. I can tell that he picked up on his defense from last season but still, he gets blown by his opposition and he's underachieving more than I have ever seen him. He should at least go back to his passing game. I notice he is always looking to score now.

Lamare needs to have a game similar to last but he cannot miss open layups and the same goes for Kwame. Teams like SA thrive on missed shots.
It is difficult to beat the Spur. BUT, I think the Lakers always play well against this team. If I am not mistaken, the Lakers won at least 2 games against the Spur last season. This season lakers already won 1 game. Hopefully, lakers can do it again tonight. It is A LOT more difficult without Bynum and Ariza. But if Fish get hot and Lamar play well along with Kobe and Kwame, we wiil win.
GO LAKERS.........
Lakers4PHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Sorry, can't seem to find it. My usual sources aren't showing anything.

Edit: Jimmy2k posted this on the main forum:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/nba/listen-lakers.html

Highlight, copy and paste.

Last edited by Frank Foley : 01-23-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

Quote:
Sorry, can't seem to find it. My usual sources aren't showing anything.

Edit: Jimmy2k posted this on the main forum:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/nba/listen-lakers.html

Highlight, copy and paste.

i found one, thanks anyways !!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #14
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I hope everyone is IN on this idea... dont forget to follow the instructions on this thread:Go Lakers!

Starts Friday right? I'm with it.

Go Lakers!!!!!
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #15
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Lakers looking good so far...Kwame Kwame Kwame!!!!
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: