1) I would start by hiring a defensive minded coach (Larry Brown? Kevin O'Neil?), because at the moment, that's how their team is built - 2) also, I let Ben Gordon walk this off season or use him in a S&T and as far as this season goes, 3) I'd tank, to get the best possible pick...
1) I really think getting Larry Brown back with Ben Wallace may rejuvenate him, but he's not the only option, I'd take a long look at a former raptors' coach Kevin O'Neil as well among other candidates)... Under skiles, this team was built on defense and after a few years of disappointment in the playoffs, the team tuned him out - because he had some crazy antics... With a new coach, but the theme of defense that is really the players' strength on the team, they will be better... also, look at the top 2 teams in the east, boston and detroit, both are on top because of defense...
2) Ben Gordon is the team's most proficient scorer, so why would I say let him walk? He is just not a good fit at all - he is going to be a restricted free agent this off-season, not many teams will be under the cap, so it's going to take a sign and trade to get this done - what do I propose? (leads me to my next point)...
3) TANK THIS YEAR... Chicago right now is dangerously close to the playoffs and this will be a negative in my plan... tank and get a top 10 pick, not to actually select a player to build around but rather to trade that pick... this is where Ben gordon comes in handy... package up gordon, that top 10 pick and Tyrus Thomas/Noah for say Gasol - depending on what the clippers are thinking, I might take a long hard look at Brand too, if he's available...
- under the most horrible of circumstances, I'd take a look at Zach Randolph as well - trade away Gordon + Tyrus for him and then keep the pick to add some depth for the bench (maybe draft a PG, so there is no need to bring back duhon)...
4) Extend Deng - this has to be done, he's not a max player, so no max type money, but if it's around the number that is manageable, i'd do it... also, keep Joe Smith around... bring back Duhon...
best case scenario:
the C/F: B. Wallace/Gasol/Noah or Thomas/J.Smith/Deng/Nocioni
the G: Hinrich/Duhon/Free Agent (a scorer off the bench type player)/sefolosha/garbage stuff...
worst case scenario:
the C/F: B.Wallace/Randolph/Noah or Thomas/J.Smith/Deng/Noc
the G: Hinrich/Duhon or Draft Pick/Free Agent (maybe Pietrus? with the midlevel)/sefolosha/garbage...
The Bulls need a lot of help, but forcing trades for injury prone players is not the answer... which is why I would stay away from TMac, Jermaine, and even Brand at this point (though the Clips probably wouldn't even let him go).Another bad idea is blowing up the team with dynamite, though sometimes it seems like the best thing, and maybe the only thing that would work. I agree we should resign Deng and probably should let Gordon walk. But I don't think forcing trade scenarios is the answer... but they obviously need help- lots of help.
Impossible. In order to acquire a superstar, you need young talent on your team. Teams that are looking to deal a top 5-10 player in the game want future stars in return. This eliminates Chicago for good, since they have plenty of young but overrated players. What's pathetic is that Deng has the brightest outlook on the team, and he isn't even a top 15 SF in the league.
A real coach is possible, but I wouldn't bet on the other two.
Yes. He is the best player on the team (sadly), and they won't get much in return for him.
Don't they have New York's pick for next year's draft?
That pick + Gordon + XXX may land them a good player.
every time you'd post it's about the overrated bulls, they play sh!t. you'd come in and post about it. they play great.. you'd come in and post that they'd blow the lead. kirk hinrich, who's playing bad this year suddenly had 38.. you'd come in and post.. "yeah.. he was guarded by 6'0 Travis Diener", WTF is your problem? yet you're username is "BULLS".
can't get over the fact of them not getting Kobe? c'mon now..
now someone's saying that they should trade for a superstar.
here's you. look how hopeless you are.
Deng has the brightest outlook on the team, and he isn't even a top 15 SF in the league.
Right now, their best players are third or fourth options on any contending team. I honestly doubt you could get much in return for them.
wow and you even squeaked out Deng not being a top 15 SF. it's unnecessary. can't you say something good to the team? get over the Kobe trade..