Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: 5 steps to fixing the Chicago Bulls

"Benedict Wallets" is quality
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #17
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Bulls

1) I would start by hiring a defensive minded coach (Larry Brown? Kevin O'Neil?), because at the moment, that's how their team is built - 2) also, I let Ben Gordon walk this off season or use him in a S&T and as far as this season goes, 3) I'd tank, to get the best possible pick...

Reasons?
1) I really think getting Larry Brown back with Ben Wallace may rejuvenate him, but he's not the only option, I'd take a long look at a former raptors' coach Kevin O'Neil as well among other candidates)... Under skiles, this team was built on defense and after a few years of disappointment in the playoffs, the team tuned him out - because he had some crazy antics... With a new coach, but the theme of defense that is really the players' strength on the team, they will be better... also, look at the top 2 teams in the east, boston and detroit, both are on top because of defense...

2) Ben Gordon is the team's most proficient scorer, so why would I say let him walk? He is just not a good fit at all - he is going to be a restricted free agent this off-season, not many teams will be under the cap, so it's going to take a sign and trade to get this done - what do I propose? (leads me to my next point)...

3) TANK THIS YEAR... Chicago right now is dangerously close to the playoffs and this will be a negative in my plan... tank and get a top 10 pick, not to actually select a player to build around but rather to trade that pick... this is where Ben gordon comes in handy... package up gordon, that top 10 pick and Tyrus Thomas/Noah for say Gasol - depending on what the clippers are thinking, I might take a long hard look at Brand too, if he's available...

- under the most horrible of circumstances, I'd take a look at Zach Randolph as well - trade away Gordon + Tyrus for him and then keep the pick to add some depth for the bench (maybe draft a PG, so there is no need to bring back duhon)...

4) Extend Deng - this has to be done, he's not a max player, so no max type money, but if it's around the number that is manageable, i'd do it... also, keep Joe Smith around... bring back Duhon...

best case scenario:

the C/F: B. Wallace/Gasol/Noah or Thomas/J.Smith/Deng/Nocioni
the G: Hinrich/Duhon/Free Agent (a scorer off the bench type player)/sefolosha/garbage stuff...

worst case scenario:

the C/F: B.Wallace/Randolph/Noah or Thomas/J.Smith/Deng/Noc
the G: Hinrich/Duhon or Draft Pick/Free Agent (maybe Pietrus? with the midlevel)/sefolosha/garbage...

just reposted from another thread...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
1. Trade Ben Wallace & Tyrus Thomas to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal.
2. Trade Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Thabo Sefolosha, & Chris Duhon to the Rockets for Tracy McGrady.

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Tracy McGrady
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Joakim Noah
CT-Jermaine O'Neal

There, fixed.

I like that.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #19
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan on U
1.dynamite
2.detenator
3.get back 100ft
4.one last look
5.press the damn button

problem fixed

hahha props!

edit: but if wade does find his way to the bulls and they find a way to contend, man thats a dream. same goes for bron
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
2. Trade Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Thabo Sefolosha, & Chris Duhon to the Rockets for Tracy McGrady.

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Tracy McGrady
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Joakim Noah
CT-Jermaine O'Neal

There, fixed.
nah, still not a great team. plus JO is injured right now and I havent heard a timetable for his return yet. whos the 6-8 rotation? Smith, Noc and adrian griffen?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #21
Bulls08Champs
I hit open 5-footers

Bulls08Champs has an OK reputation so far

The Bulls need a lot of help, but forcing trades for injury prone players is not the answer... which is why I would stay away from TMac, Jermaine, and even Brand at this point (though the Clips probably wouldn't even let him go).Another bad idea is blowing up the team with dynamite, though sometimes it seems like the best thing, and maybe the only thing that would work. I agree we should resign Deng and probably should let Gordon walk. But I don't think forcing trade scenarios is the answer... but they obviously need help- lots of help.
Bulls08Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #23
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Yes.

Yes.

Impossible. In order to acquire a superstar, you need young talent on your team. Teams that are looking to deal a top 5-10 player in the game want future stars in return. This eliminates Chicago for good, since they have plenty of young but overrated players. What's pathetic is that Deng has the brightest outlook on the team, and he isn't even a top 15 SF in the league.

A real coach is possible, but I wouldn't bet on the other two.

Yes. He is the best player on the team (sadly), and they won't get much in return for him.
Don't they have New York's pick for next year's draft?
That pick + Gordon + XXX may land them a good player.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #25
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
A worthless 2nd round pick.

As for Gordon, he has no value. Smart GMs won't give up too much for a one-dimensional midget shooting 42%. Honestly, he just isn't that good.

They should keep their team and wait until the offseason.
Just thought it was their 1st round pick.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #26
kidachi

you really looove to bash the bulls huh.

every time you'd post it's about the overrated bulls, they play sh!t. you'd come in and post about it. they play great.. you'd come in and post that they'd blow the lead. kirk hinrich, who's playing bad this year suddenly had 38.. you'd come in and post.. "yeah.. he was guarded by 6'0 Travis Diener", WTF is your problem? yet you're username is "BULLS".

can't get over the fact of them not getting Kobe? c'mon now..

now someone's saying that they should trade for a superstar.

here's you. look how hopeless you are.

Quote:
Deng has the brightest outlook on the team, and he isn't even a top 15 SF in the league.

Right now, their best players are third or fourth options on any contending team. I honestly doubt you could get much in return for them.

wow and you even squeaked out Deng not being a top 15 SF. it's unnecessary. can't you say something good to the team? get over the Kobe trade..

even knick/heat fans are not like this..
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #27
EtheR
Banned

EtheR has an OK reputation so far

Keep going and rebulid this summer
EtheR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan on U
1.dynamite
2.detenator
3.get back 100ft
4.one last look
5.press the damn button

problem fixed
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #29
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Tracy McGrady
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Joakim Noah
CT-Jermaine O'Neal

There, fixed.

Wow, if this trade works financially, this is a great trade for both teams.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: