Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #61
Created Player
Banned

Created Player has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are there really Toronto Raptors fans out there who still want TJ Ford over Calde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Now that's being VERY generous. Calderon's style of play is almost nothing like Nash's. Nash gets into the paint consistently and is a much better playmaker and passer.

I guess that can be an absolute best case scenario for Calderon but then Ford's is Isiah Thomas. Neither will reach these plateaus but if we're looking at the best possible scenario then there you have it.

My Parker comparison was trying to be a tad realistic.
The stats speak for themselves (check my previous post). I don't know how the hell you got Isiah from watching Ford do anything.
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #62
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Are there really Toronto Raptors fans out there who still want TJ Ford over Calde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Created Player
The stats speak for themselves (check my previous post). I don't know how the hell you got Isiah from watching Ford do anything.

Saying "TJ Ford = Isiah Thomas" is nothing more or less absurd than saying "Jose Calderon = Steve Nash".

Have you actually watched ANY Raptors games this year other than the Cavs-Raptors matchups?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #63
Created Player
Banned

Default Re: Are there really Toronto Raptors fans out there who still want TJ Ford over Calderon?

Quote:
Calderon is averages in January are just about the same stats Nash put up his first MVP year (15/10/3/2 on 53% and 50% from 3 while averaging 10 shots per game and a 5:1 ast/TO ratio ).
For anyone who question the Nash comparsion...look at these stats.

And for the record, since when has Nash become some sort of holy-grain standard-bearer for the point guard position? That's the funniest thing in this whole thread.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #64
Created Player
Banned

Quote:
Saying "TJ Ford = Isiah Thomas" is nothing more or less absurd than saying "Jose Calderon = Steve Nash".

Have you actually watched ANY Raptors games this year other than the Cavs-Raptors matchups?
How about you comment on Calderon's play in January? How is it that much different than what Nash did in '04-05?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #65
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How about you comment on Calderon's play in January? How is it that much different than what Nash did in '04-05?
Calderon is putting up lesser stats in 6 minutes more per game and having less of an impact on his team than Nash was. Again, have you seen any Raptors games this year other than the Cavs-Raptors games and maybe the Celtics game last night?

Nash is a far superior passer and playmaker and much more aggressive in the halfcourt game. Calderon feeds jump shooters and rarely touches the paint. He doesn't have the ability to consistently break down defenses.

On the fast break Nash clearly has been great while Calderon's fast break game is almost non-existant.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #66
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Are there really Toronto Raptors fans out there who still want TJ Ford over Calderon?

How would you know? You basically admitted you've never seen him play.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #67
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Definitely count me as a member of the TJ Ford camp. Jose has been doing a great job lately, but the Raptors offense needs a player with TJ's abilities to compensate for our lack of slashing swingmen. Not to mention that TJ's defense and lateral quickness are critical given how poor some of our post players (I'm looking at you Bargs) are at rotating on help D.

I wish we knew for sure that TJ was going to return to the way he was, because right now Jose is a phenomenal trade asset that could net the Raps a critical piece for a playoff run. Ahhh well, nothing wrong with keeping them both for now.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #68
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
given how poor some of our post players (I'm looking at you Bargs) are at rotating on help D.
Yes, you see the power of the dark side now.

Lord Kwajo... RIIIIIIIIIISE.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #69
ReggieMiller31
I airball my layups

ReggieMiller31 has an OK reputation so far

I packaged TJ in a keeper league trade literally the night before he got hit by Horford. Now he's coming back form another major injury, and he doesn't have a starting job anymore.
ReggieMiller31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller31
I packaged TJ in a keeper league trade literally the night before he got hit by Horford. Now he's coming back form another major injury, and he doesn't have a starting job anymore.
When TJ comes back from his injury and gets back into the groove he will be the starter for this team. I guarntee it.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #71
Created Player
Banned

Quote:
Calderon is putting up lesser stats in 6 minutes more per game and having less of an impact on his team than Nash was. Again, have you seen any Raptors games this year other than the Cavs-Raptors games and maybe the Celtics game last night?

Nash is a far superior passer and playmaker and much more aggressive in the halfcourt game. Calderon feeds jump shooters and rarely touches the paint. He doesn't have the ability to consistently break down defenses.

On the fast break Nash clearly has been great while Calderon's fast break game is almost non-existant.
Calderon is playing 6 more minutes because he doesn't have a Barbosa to play behind him. Toronto can't play unless he's on the court. Plus when you factor in the Suns superior talent and the fact Nash averaged 2 more shot per game, shot a lesser FG%, and 3-point% than Calderon has done the whole season..this comparison is more than valid.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #72
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

The Raptors, and this thread, are irrellevant
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #73
ReggieMiller31
I airball my layups

ReggieMiller31 has an OK reputation so far

Why doesn't TJ put on some weight? You'd think an extra 25lbs of muscle or so would help avoid the injuries.
ReggieMiller31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #74
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller31
Why doesn't TJ put on some weight? You'd think an extra 25lbs of muscle or so would help avoid the injuries.
I think that's easier said that done. People have been asking the same thing of Bosh and it's not like he hasn't tried, he just doesn't have the body to do that. Might be the same thing with Ford.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #75
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

[quote=

I can make absured statements as well. TJ Ford = Isiah Thomas.[/QUOTE]

Now I don't think TJ is the smartest point guard around, but even I wouldn’t associate him with the absurd Isiah Thomas.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: