Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default What did Tommy Heinsohn say last night?

Seriously, I kept hearing people saying that he said some dumb shi# during the Raptors @ Celtics game. I've heard him before when the Celts lost to the Wizards, and good God is that man a whiney little beyotch. I don't care if he is a legend of sorts. Does that excuse him to be a complete d0uchebag as a colour commentator? Any call, any play really, that doesn't go the Celtics way, is the greatest injustice in the world according to him. So out of curiousity, what did he have to say last night?

Last edited by A.M.G. : 01-24-2008 at 03:56 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What did Tommy Heinsohn say last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Seriously, I kept hearing people saying that he said some dumb **** during the Raptors @ Celtics game. I've heard him before when the Celts lost to the Wizards, and good God is that man a whiney little *****. Any call, any play really, that doesn't go the Celtics way, is the greatest injustice in the world according to him. So out of curiousity, what did he have to say last night?

The funniest thing about it is he can be impartial he used to do national telecasts for like CBS and though you could tell he admired certain players he wasn't biased... It's funny yo hear him now.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I only saw the last minute and he was basically saying how great the Raptors played, although it sounded very hard for him to do so.

I'm sure he had stuff to say during the course of the game, though.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Did he call Calderon for an offensive foul?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Did he call Calderon for an offensive foul?
Well he called Caron Butler on an offensive foul in pretty much the same situation. Freakin whiner. I mean, when the Raptors **** up, Chuck Swirsky doesn't blame it on the other team, he usually gives them credit. Tommy just refused to give the Wizards any credit in both games, and I suspect he hadtrouble giving the Raptors any credit last night. I guess he is just a fat senile old man now, I'll cut him some slack.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Well he called Caron Butler on an offensive foul in pretty much the same situation. Freakin whiner. I mean, when the Raptors **** up, Chuck Swirsky doesn't blame it on the other team, he usually gives them credit. Tommy just refused to give the Wizards any credit in both games, and I suspect he hadtrouble giving the Raptors any credit last night. I guess he is just a fat senile old man now, I'll cut him some slack.

Yeah that was I was refferering too . He did the same thing in a preseason game with TO and Boston. It was pretty funny that he said it while looking at an obvious replay.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

He once threatened to cut off Jose Calderons fingers for making his 3pt hand sign. Are you implying that is less than professional conduct?
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

posting bad things about heinson will lose you precious, precious tommy points.

he's been like this forever. you should have heard him call games when bird was playing. you'd swear larry bird was fouled every time he put his shoes on the court and a few times a game when he was laying on the floor stretching out his back on the sidelines.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Tommy.

It's not that he's defending the Celtics, but he hates the officiating staff of the NBA with an undying passion. He always gives due to a team that plays well, but at the same time, he's angry that the Celtics aren't playing well. I've been watching them for years, so I can tell between the two.

Does that make sense? Any other Celtics fans agree?

I mean, people who have been watching him for years take what he says with a grain of salt, because we know what he's really trying to say.

Hard to explain.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I love Tommy.

It's not that he's defending the Celtics, but he hates the officiating staff of the NBA with an undying passion. He always gives due to a team that plays well, but at the same time, he's angry that the Celtics aren't playing well. I've been watching them for years, so I can tell between the two.

Does that make sense? Any other Celtics fans agree?

I mean, people who have been watching him for years take what he says with a grain of salt, because we know what he's really trying to say.

Hard to explain.
Tommy is the biggest homer in the biz. Horrible.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
posting bad things about heinson will lose you precious, precious tommy points.
Damn, and I had almost saved up enough points to get a free trip to Tahiti too.

Seriously though, does anyone have any Tommy qoutes from last night, or know where I could find some? For my amusement, of course.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tommy Heinsohn and Hawk Harrelson (White Sox baseball announcer) should both be burned at the stake.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Tommy is the biggest homer in the biz. Horrible.

I agree.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #14
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

I actually find Heinsohn's comments pretty funny. He is such an obvious and blatant homer and makes the most ridiculous claims you will ever hear during a basketball game but I find them funny. Yeah, they are annoying but if you can get past that his comments are funny.

At least to me.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #15
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

He didn't say any one specific thing that was more homerish than anything else he'll say during any other game.

Like pete's montreux said, he rags on the refs every game but when a team plays well he gives them their due, just like he did last night with the Raptors. Also, he's been admitting when he's wrong a lot lately too, like when Tony Allen got a delay of game call for kicking the ball after a dunk during the 76ers game.

I'm not trying to stick up for him or anything either. He is who he is and at this point people shouldn't be surprised whatsoever, but he hasn't been nearly as 'bad' this year as he has in years past.

Basically if you're not a C's fan you shouldn't expect to like Tommy's view on the game, and you also shouldn't be so shocked by now that he's so biased.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: