Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #31
pro5
Banned

pro5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What did Tommy Heinsohn say last night?

he basically just kept on complaining about the calls. Here's a quote "Ely, you're starting to annoy me". Kept on complaining about how there were "young" officials making the calls.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #32
duncan on U
Decent playground baller

duncan on U has an OK reputation so far

He loves his Celtics but what would you expect from him being a former Celtic great himself. He does good work and tells it like it is most of the time.
duncan on U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #33
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I actually find Heinsohn's comments pretty funny. He is such an obvious and blatant homer and makes the most ridiculous claims you will ever hear during a basketball game but I find them funny. Yeah, they are annoying but if you can get past that his comments are funny.

At least to me.

I'd have to agree with that. Sometimes he really irks me, but you just gotta step back and laugh at how ludicrous some of his statements are.

I believe in the Raps-Celtics clash the other night, he made a statement of European players that come over to the NBA of all being able to shot the 3 and that all the Raptors players on the floor at the time were capable. I believe this included Jason Kapono (not a Euro, Tommy) and Rasho Nesterovic (if he starts shooting treys, I think the Raps are in trouble). Those kind of baseless, ignorant kind of comments that are spewed out of frustration are the ones that piss me off about Tommy.

I love how in this game, according to Tommy, the Celtics didn't commit a single foul and the Raps got every single favourable call. I mean we must have in order to beat the mighty Celtics! You know, that or the fact that the Green team didn't rotate well and close out on 3 point shooters pretty much the whole game.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #34
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
he basically just kept on complaining about the calls. Here's a quote "Ely, you're starting to annoy me". Kept on complaining about how there were "young" officials making the calls.

Was he complaining on both sides of the ball. Or do these horrible NBA refs only make mistakes that hurt the Celtics? ;)

I've watched a ton of Celtics games and it has ALOT more to do with being a homer than being upset with the refs lack of calls.

I also think everyone knows he's a homer, and its hilarious to hear him go at it!

Who got the Tommy award? Tony Allen?
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #35
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan on U
He loves his Celtics but what would you expect from him being a former Celtic great himself. He does good work and tells it like it is most of the time.
More like he tells it like it isn't. He is completely, unflinchingly biased. But who cares, JohnDeere is right, the dude is really just playing to the Boston homers watching. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it does get out of hand. Thanks for posting some Youtubes of him, peoples.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #36
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

oh my god a few months ago during the Pistons Celtics game sportsnet was broadcasting throuhg some Boston FSN challel and I had to hear that old whiney retarded loser. I wanted to hit him with a bat and had to mute my TV. it's one thing being a teams game announcer or W E but this guy thinks everything the Celtics do is right and everybody else is wrong all the time BY FAR worst game announce in the NBA
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

During the raptors game the other night, with less than 3 minutes left, boston was up by 4 or 5, and he said "the way the raptors are shooting tonight, it will be a miracle if the celtics win". he says that sh!t with his team up by more than a couple with less than 3 minutes left. a miracle! i couldn't believe it. they did end up losing, but i still have no idea what he was thinking when he said that other than he was preparing an excuse in case by chance they lost. weird. and he said something earlier about how a guy came up to him and told him not to complain about the refs all the time and that he was trying to cut back. hah! gtfu. he then proceeded to be as bad as ever.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #38
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

The guy is the biggest retard in the world. Boston has the worst homer announers ive ever seen. ive watched every single celtic game this season and their offense kinda sucks. but if i have to hear "tommy point" or "legal sea foods" one more time i might break my 52 inch flat screen tv. tommy is a retard like most boston fans that's why they like him. the entire night, tommy (the old geezer) was ripping on a young ref named Eli despite the ref making correct call after correct call. he finally shut his trap at the end of the game when the people talking in his hear told him to STFU!
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: