Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
IllegalD
Local High School Star

IllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputation
Default Phil Jackson: "Detroit Pistons best team in the league"

Zenmaster was just on PTI, for anyone who cares.

Quick recap of what he said:

- Detroit = Best Team in the League, right now

- Doesn't think Kobe will be traded

- Kobe sees Lakers as team he can orchestrate and leade to a chip

- "Yipeee..." (in response to being told he and D'Antoni were tied in a poll where players voted on which coach they would like to play for)
IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Phil Jackson: "Detroit Pistons best team in the league"

Phil Jackson, along with alot of other name value coaches have that has-been is still great mentality tho. Same with Riley pretending Shaq is still at the top of his game, and i'm sure more than a few others because they favor aging veterans over young talented players. Its why it took Bynum so long to get respect and time, even then it probably wouldnt have happened nearly as fast this year if it werent for Kwame being hurt. I bet Bynum would've still been a pretty part time player if that never occured due to Phil's bias for scrub veterans over any young player.

Its really not surprising he said that. Hes wrong, very wrong, but its very atypical of Phil or these 'HoFer' coaches that tend to respect the past more than what have you done lately...
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
IllegalD
Local High School Star

IllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputationIllegalD has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Phil Jackson, along with alot of other name value coaches have that has-been is still great mentality tho. Same with Riley pretending Shaq is still at the top of his game, and i'm sure more than a few others because they favor aging veterans over young talented players. Its why it took Bynum so long to get respect and time, even then it probably wouldnt have happened nearly as fast this year if it werent for Kwame being hurt. I bet Bynum would've still been a pretty part time player if that never occured due to Phil's bias for scrub veterans over any young player.

Its really not surprising he said that. Hes wrong, very wrong, but its very atypical of Phil or these 'HoFer' coaches that tend to respect the past more than what have you done lately...

IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Man, I don't know. Detroit is pretty damn good. They will probably win the East, and they could win another Chip if the Western Conference team is worn out from what is bound to be one of the craziest Western Conference playoff races and playoffs in recent memory.

Seriously, don't underestimate Detroit. Should Detroit and Boston meet in the playoffs, and they probably will, it will be epic.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

sorry Detroit is going nowhere this year, probably a 1st round bounce. They are highly overrated due to previous years but they've had a steady falloff year to year and they are nowhere near what they were this year for whatever reasons.

Every game i've seen of them this year reinforces this truth. The real reason people are hyping them up is based on the past without much else, and not factoring in they've lost to some bad teams, especially of recent, and havent played nearly as well as they have in previous years from every aspect.

There will always be people who base everything on the past and nothing else, and i think those are the ones who think they are still alll that when recent play suggests otherwise. I'm willing to bet big on this....
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

There's no way Detroit goes out in the 1st round.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, 5 straights years of ECF to less than 4 wins. With their stongest team since '04!
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At this point, is Chauncey Billups considered a superstar?

He has always seemed so average and standard to me, but thats how all PG's should be anyways.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nah they wont go out in round one. I doubt they win it all though. Pistons have lost a little of the fear I think they might have given the east in the past. Losing to the Heat and Cavs took them down a notch. Perhaps they get get back on that "Nobody thinks we can do it" thing though where they pretend the world thinks they are garbage.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #10
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

The Pistons have the best chemistry in the league. That's why you shouldn't let their regular season performance fool you (even though they're doing pretty good this year). Detroit will make it to the ECF unless they face off with LeBron early.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #11
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

They definately have the best all around starting 5 in the league. They also have a decent young bench and plenty of experience. I think when it comes to the top 5 teams in the league it is apples and oranges who you think is the top.

And lakerfreak, that is one beastly avatar you got there
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #12
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

Detroit lost to Cleveland last year. Now that Lebron beat them once, I can't see them beating Cleveland again. They lost their mental toughness.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Naw lets be real. The Celts most likely to win the East. They got too many options. The west for some reason are very equal with each other this year, but the Spurs seems really old or something. I think their no longer in their prime and the west is up for grabs at this point. Of course, I'll be rooting for the Laks, they look like the best team when healthy and with Kwame not starting.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yipeee! aha, phils the man
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

phil jackson is trying to be funny
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: