Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #31
starface
Banned

Default Re: Which team has the better starting line-up, East or West?

In a real game with something on the line, you would have to take the East here. First of all if Iverson and Melo cant play enough defense to beat regular teams, how exactly are they gonna stop a team with Jason Kidd distributing the ball to LBJ, Wade, and KG? Get real.

Plus the East roster would have much better chemistry. Kidd + LBJ is madness, not to mention Howard can play down low while KG can space the court with his midrange game. Wade wouldnt really even do much, in fact that team would be better off with a shooter like Ray Allen or Turkoglu or even Billups at the 2.

The West would frankly be a joke with Iverson, Kobe, and Melo fighting over who gets to take the bad shot. Yao and Duncan would probably walk off the court and the other three wouldnt even notice as they're each trying to pry the ball out of the other's hands.

East all the way.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #32
evinecz
Banned

west would murder the east... although i do agree east has better chemistry.. talen wise.. giv me the west anyday :party2:
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #33
ZaoMing
I airball my layups

why isnt mcgrady starting?
ZaoMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #34
yclau
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the east would be awsome on the fast break with kidd at the point....i mean look at the lineup how athletic is that.......yao and duncan would get smoke by KG and howard......so i would take the east....
yclau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #35
RidonKs
NBA Legend

First off, Nash is better than Iverson. That's a fact.

Secondly, how about we try to create the best TEAMS instead of the best collections of individual talent? Sound slightly smarter? Anyone?

I won't bother filling out an entire roster, but here are the starting lineups I use...

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

vs

Chauncey Billups
Ray Allen
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

This is just a spare of the moment type thing, and there are definitely a few spots I am unsure about. I'll start with the west, where I'm only unsure about one position, the PF spot. Dirk... eh. The guy I'd LOVE to have there is Udonis Haslem, and I wouldn't hesitate to put him there. Post defense, rebounding, hustle, and an outside jumper. What's the Western Conference equivalent to Haslem? I can't think of anyone of the top of my head, so I went with Dirk instead. Ridiculous floor spacer for Timmy, and he isn't a horrible rebounder/defender. Yao/Timmy is an absolute no-no. Just no point in having them both.

The east has me unsure about the two guard spots. Namely because of what they would have to do on defense. Chauncey is a great defensive PG, but I just don't know if he's still quick enough to stay with a guy like Nash. The other option is obviously Hinrich, but I like Billups outside shooting more. I'll stick with him. Then there's Ray. He could definitely struggle mightily having to guard one of Kobe or Marion. Eh, I dunno, he's another insanely talented shooter who spaces the floor and can do other things as well. Meh.

So who you got out of those two? I'll take the West, they're a more well rounded offensive/defensive team I think. Although I still want to replace Dirk with someone, I just can't think of... who. Any ideas?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #36
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Oh yeah, I also wanted to comment on how ridiculous those choosing the East (from the teams the OP named) sound. Have we not learned anything from international play? I realize it's a different game, but c'mon, Kidd/Wade/LeBron? Are you kidding me? I mean, if you want to keep two guys in the starting lineup who're the exact same player (LeBron and Wade), at least replace the ball-dominant PG you have in there with a more reliable outside shooter. Geez.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #37
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yclau
the east would be awsome on the fast break with kidd at the point....i mean look at the lineup how athletic is that.......yao and duncan would get smoke by KG and howard......so i would take the east....

Too Bad KG can't defend Duncan and DH can't stop Yao they problably foul out before the 3rd quarter (In a real game)
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 AM   #38
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron will win his 2nd ALL STAR MVP
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #39
omarnyc
Local High School Star

east...duncan n yao will slow the west down
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: