Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 AM   #16
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This 11 year old Kid has potential to be a Great player

His VO2 max level is off the charts. I think mine barely makes the chart!

Anyway he looks pretty damn special to me. Hope he makes it to the high level someday.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 AM   #17
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMizzle
little boy in washington. i wanna play him =D

Creepy
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #18
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I hope he doesn't turn to the dark side (and1 baller)
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #19
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
He runs a mile in under 5 minutes? I find that hard to believe.

why? the world record is well under 4 minutes. I agree it's hard to run a mile under 5 minutes. But it's not hard to believe at all.

I hope those muscle trainings don't stunt his natural growth.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #20
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
why? the world record is well under 4 minutes. I agree it's hard to run a mile under 5 minutes. But it's not hard to believe at all.

I hope those muscle trainings don't stunt his natural growth.

I doubt it. I've seen some great 6th grade athletes that don't come near 5 minutes. there are high schoolers who are great athletes that cant run a mile under 5 minutes. i don't believe this.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #21
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Skill
Kid has some mad talent and skills, he just need to grow bigger and taller. He's small for a 11 years old even if he hasn't hit puberty.

agreed. hes shorter than anybody on his team
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #22
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
I doubt it. I've seen some great 6th grade athletes that don't come near 5 minutes. there are high schoolers who are great athletes that cant run a mile under 5 minutes. i don't believe this.
speaking from a runner here. its not hard to run a mile in under 5 minutes. i ran a 4:55 after only running for 1 1/2 months after not being able to do ANY physical activity from a broken neck for 5 months
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #23
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

I thought I was good at that age...

These boys are great-the boy from DC and the NYC teams (fifth graders). They're great- wheter they go pro or not.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #24
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Somehow I don't believe this video is true at all. In the video, it says that his dad didn't push him to this..

There is no way that this kid can do all of that...

If a kid really loves something, the parents don't have to work as hard to motivate him/her. This kid loves basketball as much, if not more than the typical kid that loves video games. You don't need to motivate the average kid to play video games, so I don't think this 11 year old really needs the motivation from his parents to keep on playing basketball.

As far as the edits, I believe the kid really is good. He has very advanced ball handling skills for a kid his age, when they showed his in-game clips, he looked like he knew what he was doing instead of the typical kid that looks lost out there. Some NBA players probably didn't look that smooth when they were 11. Edited or not, I'll take there word on him being a good shooter. The kid hit a pair of 3 pointers without a video edit. Most 11 year olds can't even hit the rim from that far away. The kid was a foot shorter, though than everyone on his team, so unless he hits big growth spurt, he might be a Mugsy Bogues/Earl Boykins type player.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #25
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

What 11 year old DOESN'T haver the potential to be a great player? They are only 11 after all...
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #26
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
What 11 year old DOESN'T haver the potential to be a great player? They are only 11 after all...

Reminds me when the time NBA.com featured an 11 yrs.old kid name Kendall Marshall in their website, now at the age of 16 yrs.old he is currently one of the best high school player in the US.

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...=59605&Sport=2

Marshall is now a 6-foot-3, 160 pound point guard who was being recruited nationwide.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ruitId%3d44029

First Featured Article when he was 11 yrs.old

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...ife_of_reilly/

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-25-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #27
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Well if he plays on boo williams then I believe the hype, that team has always been a factory

What my point was, was that at the age of 11 a kid still has time to develop into a great player... I didn't even start playing ball until I was 11 and was getting letters from D-1 programs by the time I hit 15. Its all about the work ethic and coaching.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: