Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default thoughts on Damon Jones?

He's stepped up for us recently and has played decent ball. Let's be realistic here. We aren't going to land any big names via trade, so we are stuck with what we have. I would rather have him out on the court than Larry Hughes. He is a one trick pony, but lately, he has brought leadership and moxie to the court. His defense and passing has even been improved as of late.

Thoughts on Damon Jones? Again, not making him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm really impressed with him lately, the professionalism he has displayed, and the fact that he's NOT Larry Hughes.........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: thoughts on Damon Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
he's NOT Larry Hughes.........
just that fact makes him cool in my eyes lol
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
KingJames1578
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Must be his new hair-do..
KingJames1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I'm really happy with DJones since he got back into the rotation. He knows the game better than probably anyone on the team with the possible exception of Eric Snow, and it helps that unlike Snow he can actually score some. he's a gread personality to have around the team and seems like he's one of those guys who keeps everything in order with the younger players. I like him.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He's stepped up for us recently and has played decent ball. Let's be realistic here. We aren't going to land any big names via trade, so we are stuck with what we have. I would rather have him out on the court than Larry Hughes. He is a one trick pony, but lately, he has brought leadership and moxie to the court. His defense and passing has even been improved as of late.

Thoughts on Damon Jones? Again, not making him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm really impressed with him lately, the professionalism he has displayed, and the fact that he's NOT Larry Hughes.........

Anything's better than Hughes right now. Is Jones the answer? Nope? Does he play well? Nope? Do I like him as a player or personality? Hell no. He's arrogant, and he sucks. He has a way overinflated opinion of himself.

He's trash. But then Hughes is bigger trash.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Anything's better than Hughes right now. Is Jones the answer? Nope? Does he play well? Nope? Do I like him as a player or personality? Hell no. He's arrogant, and he sucks. He has a way overinflated opinion of himself.

He's trash. But then Hughes is bigger trash.

Mathius
I know everyone loves to hate on Hughes god love ya i know I do, but lately he seems to be getting some of his athleticism back. He's been getting to the rim like he used to, and can actually finish. His ball handling also seems better...

And I love having him lock up the other teams pg, he's so long but also quick enough to really bother them. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that larry isn't the worst player in the world.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I know everyone loves to hate on Hughes god love ya i know I do, but lately he seems to be getting some of his athleticism back. He's been getting to the rim like he used to, and can actually finish. His ball handling also seems better...

And I love having him lock up the other teams pg, he's so long but also quick enough to really bother them. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that larry isn't the worst player in the world.

yeah, his D can be good, and his finishing is improving... but when your being paid 12 MILLION a year, and your averaging around 10 points and under 3 assists, and only shooting 35%, your gonna get a f-ckload of deserved hate.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: