Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Ron Artest Ejected

First of all, the referees of the Kings @ Jazz game need to be talked to by the NBA. They honestly seemed to have a score to settle with the Kings. The reffing was so one sided in the seconds half, that it was reminding me of Kings-Lakers day. Actually, Kings @ Jazz games usually tend to be badly reffed for some reason including a time where refs had to ushered by security as they left the court because fans where throwing stuff at them.

Anyways, Artest got his first technical after he basically turned around and gave Harpring a dirty look. The play before, Harpring has hooked Ron's arm as he tried to get a rebound. Then Harpring fouled Ron after Ron got the rebound and went back up with it. Artest did not do anything that play. The play he got a technical in, Harpring basically was trying to wrestle Ron on the perimeter. Basically doing what Lineman call "swimming", I think thats what is called. He was trying to go under Ron's arms and literally push him to wherever Harpring wanted. Keep in mind, this was on the perimeter not downlow. Harpring then tried to hook Ron's arms again, Artest spun off and flailed his arms to get the refs to make an obvious call. Harpring says something, probably compaining to the refs. Artest turned around and looks at Harpring. Whistle! Technical on Artest.

A few plays later, Harpring on defense throws a cheap elbow towards a Kings player but there is not call. Then on the same play, he levels Martin (like shoves him to the floor purposely) on a screen. He gets called for a foul and Harprings turned towards Martin and screams something. No tech is called. Theus starts screaming because he doesn't understand why Ron got a tech earlier and Harpring doesn't after obviously trying to instigate an incident. Theus gets called for a tech. Also keep in mind, earlier in the game, Sloan had walked to damn near half court after a foul call on the Jazz and screamed irately at the officials but no tech was given. Sloan was begging for a tech, but the refs wouldn't give it to him.

Later on a Jazz FT attempt, Artest and Boozer are on the block getting ready to for the FT to go up. Boozer tries to put his arm in front of Artest as they get ready for the shot to go up. I'm pretty sure they outlawed that, but ref says nothing. FT goes up and Boozer hooks Artest's elbow. Artest manages to get the rebound but Boozer still has Artest's elbow hooked. Artest flails his arms again as he, and everyone watching, wonder why the refs won't blow their whistles when its bloody obvious what his going on. For no apparent reason, Artest gets hit with another technical. No dirty look, no exchange of words, nothing.

Justice, where art thou? The NBA really needs to clean up its reffing. Everyone knows that refs gamble on games and even try to fix some. Everyone knows that there are outta control guys like Crawford. There are issues that have existed for years now, the NBA needs to address them.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 01-26-2008 at 12:04 AM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
SomeBunghole
Banned

Default Re: Ron Artest Ejected

A Kings player shoots 15 FTs in a game and you have the audacity to complain about the refs? Oy vey!

Maybe someone actually should've guarded Boozer instead of watching him go 15-19 from the field.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

He's mainly talking about the technicals... the game was fairly officiated outside that.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Yeah, I saw both incidents, and I honestly don't understand why they decided to T up Ron the first time, other than he took a step in Matt's direction. The second time was just mindboggling. Also, the refs set a precident of a tech, so if staring a guy down deserved one, then what Harpring did to Martin should have been one. Oh well, it is salt lake afterall.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
Diesel J
College superstar

I saw the game.Even Utah's game announcers mentioned that they (officials) were doing Artest dirty.Artest didn't deserve those techs
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Oh well, it is Ron Artest afterall.
Corrected

Obviously players like him and Rasheed with be under heavily watched with the histories, just how it is.

My only complaint was the Sloan non T.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
Prancing_Tim
Learning to shoot layups

Any video link yet? From what I hear, this is just disgusting. I hate unfair bs like this. Did Theus just lose his mind or what? I would have.
Prancing_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

Ron Artest will never receive the benefit of the doubt. David Stern was humiliated by the brawl in Detroit, and he is going after Artest, Stephen Jackson, and Jermaine O'Neal to a lesser extent.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 AM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing_Tim
Did Theus just lose his mind or what? I would have.
Theus did lose his mind and got a tech.

But Sloan didn't get a tech when he did the same.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
SomeBunghole
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Theus did lose his mind and got a tech.

But Sloan didn't get a tech when he did the same.

Next thing you know, you'll be complaining that Beno Udrih isn't getting the calls LeBron gets.

You do realize we're talking about Jerry Sloan and Reggie Theus here. One of these coaches has almost a 1000 victories, while the other hasn't got a tenth of that number.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

Watched a portion of it, and saw Sloan jawing at the refs with his usual vocabulary, and then saw Reggie, running on the court and pointing at a referee.

I guess Theus got ejected for coming onto the court, unless Sloan did the exact same thing earlier, either way, he must have been working the refs most of the night, and that was the last straw.......I assume.

I didn't see the entire game though.
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
First of all, the referees of the Kings @ Jazz game need to be talked to by the NBA. They honestly seemed to have a score to settle with the Kings. The reffing was so one sided in the seconds half, that it was reminding me of Kings-Lakers day. Actually, Kings @ Jazz games usually tend to be badly reffed for some reason including a time where refs had to ushered by security as they left the court because fans where throwing stuff at them.

Anyways, Artest got his first technical after he basically turned around and gave Harpring a dirty look. The play before, Harpring has hooked Ron's arm as he tried to get a rebound. Then Harpring fouled Ron after Ron got the rebound and went back up with it. Artest did not do anything that play. The play he got a technical in, Harpring basically was trying to wrestle Ron on the perimeter. Basically doing what Lineman call "swimming", I think thats what is called. He was trying to go under Ron's arms and literally push him to wherever Harpring wanted. Keep in mind, this was on the perimeter not downlow. Harpring then tried to hook Ron's arms again, Artest spun off and flailed his arms to get the refs to make an obvious call. Harpring says something, probably compaining to the refs. Artest turned around and looks at Harpring. Whistle! Technical on Artest.

A few plays later, Harpring on defense throws a cheap elbow towards a Kings player but there is not call. Then on the same play, he levels Martin (like shoves him to the floor purposely) on a screen. He gets called for a foul and Harprings turned towards Martin and screams something. No tech is called. Theus starts screaming because he doesn't understand why Ron got a tech earlier and Harpring doesn't after obviously trying to instigate an incident. Theus gets called for a tech. Also keep in mind, earlier in the game, Sloan had walked to damn near half court after a foul call on the Jazz and screamed irately at the officials but no tech was given. Sloan was begging for a tech, but the refs wouldn't give it to him.

Later on a Jazz FT attempt, Artest and Boozer are on the block getting ready to for the FT to go up. Boozer tries to put his arm in front of Artest as they get ready for the shot to go up. I'm pretty sure they outlawed that, but ref says nothing. FT goes up and Boozer hooks Artest's elbow. Artest manages to get the rebound but Boozer still has Artest's elbow hooked. Artest flails his arms again as he, and everyone watching, wonder why the refs won't blow their whistles when its bloody obvious what his going on. For no apparent reason, Artest gets hit with another technical. No dirty look, no exchange of words, nothing.

Justice, where art thou? The NBA really needs to clean up its reffing. Everyone knows that refs gamble on games and even try to fix some. Everyone knows that there are outta control guys like Crawford. There are issues that have existed for years now, the NBA needs to address them.
good points and a good post, but you fail to take the offender's past into account.

until ron-ron can go a couple seasons without doing something insane, he is going to be officiated more critically than his peers. and i find nothing wrong with that in a conscientious society.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:53 AM   #13
dnyk1337
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Next thing you know, you'll be complaining that Beno Udrih isn't getting the calls LeBron gets.

You do realize we're talking about Jerry Sloan and Reggie Theus here. One of these coaches has almost a 1000 victories, while the other hasn't got a tenth of that number.

So you're saying that coaching wins should be a factor when refs give out techs? GTFO of here.

Utah is just a stupid team. Only player I like is AK47 on that team. They are all pissed that Kings kept destroying their playoff runs when Stockton and Malone were close to retiring.

Harpring should be fined for the lack of techs given to him and Sloan also. That's the only way this is fair. Just retire already Sloan. Your old face has whithered past the championship chances.
dnyk1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #14
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
players like…Rasheed with be under heavily watched with the histories, just how it is.

The incident with Rasheed Wallace at the Rose Garden was with Tim Donaghy…Did Sheed know something all along? What exactly did Wallace say when he confronted him on that loading dock? Of note, I think Sheed only has 6 T's so far this season and we are half way through.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #15
iamgine

Artest just hasn't finished paying for what he did in Detroit.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: