Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Revisiting Ray Allen's KB24 comments

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that's the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better."

Allen was right about that, as it turns out, but get a load of Allen's crystal ball on this one.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

Man alive, that is some good stuff. He was almost exactly right. It took three seasons instead of two, but Kobe finally did exactly what Ray said he was going to do. Unbelievable.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Default Re: Revisiting Ray Allen's KB24 comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that's the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better."

Allen was right about that, as it turns out, but get a load of Allen's crystal ball on this one.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

Man alive, that is some good stuff. He was almost exactly right. It took three seasons instead of two, but Kobe finally did exactly what Ray said he was going to do. Unbelievable.
Dude duh, we're talking about Jesus....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

"He's also going to change his number to 24, Derek Fisher will come back to the Lakers... I'll probably be in Boston with Kevin Garnett." Ray Allen.

Man this guy is a prophet ain't he?
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Anybody with common sense could have guessed that would happen.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
Anybody with common sense could have guessed that would happen.

Dont come in here with your rational thinking!! Were trying to take subtle jabs at kobe!
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Mango
Kids at the park dunk on me

Welcome to 4 months ago.

p.s. We landed on the moon!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: