Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
ThaKid
King

whatever line up they throw in they're still gonna be sick
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #17
marny_navis
Banned

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Griffin/Sefolosha
SF Deng/Nocioni/Griffin/Thomas/Khryapa/Sefolosha
PF Brown/Sweetney/Nocioni/Thomas/Allen
C Wallace/Sweetney/Brown/Thomas/Allen
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #18
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

that team is deep. If they gel together, watch out East
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Kirk
Gordo
Deng
PJ
Ben

trade duhon, sweetney, noce... who ever, just get a Gooden or Harrington, troy murphy or somebody to score 15 or 16 at the 4. until they do that they wont contend IMO.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
Kirk
Gordo
Deng
PJ
Ben

trade duhon, sweetney, noce... who ever, just get a Gooden or Harrington, troy murphy or somebody to score 15 or 16 at the 4. until they do that they wont contend IMO.

Last year we had very little scoring from the 4s, and we pushed Miami to the brink. Now we have PJ Brown, who can get double digits if we need him to, and we can also shift Nocioni to the 4 for more scoring. For a team that doesn't need as much post scoring as other teams (Heat, Mavs, Spurs to name a few), we are not too bad down their either. Our only problem is size.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #21
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

OMG! So many people ask who will score for the Bulls. Last year the Bulls averaged more points per game than Cleveland amongst other teams, even Indiana. LET IT GO PEOPLE!!! It doesn't matter what position the points come from as long as you get points. Even the so called experts ask who is going to score for the team. It's dumb! Why don't they say the same thing about Cleveland!?!!??! Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng and the list goes on!!! They will be just fine!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #22
vinny_rex
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
OMG! So many people ask who will score for the Bulls. Last year the Bulls averaged more points per game than Cleveland amongst other teams, even Indiana. LET IT GO PEOPLE!!! It doesn't matter what position the points come from as long as you get points. Even the so called experts ask who is going to score for the team. It's dumb! Why don't they say the same thing about Cleveland!?!!??! Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng and the list goes on!!! They will be just fine!!!

Although scoring more than Indiana is no big deal, last year they were a slow defensive team through and though. Ben Gordon is the team's number 1 offensive option it seems and who knows how long he will stay in Chicago. Really, this team reminds me alot of the old Pistons team from 2003. Deep, Talented, for the most part inexperienced (with the exception of Wallace), and lacking in obvious offensive firepower. Anyway, I would start Nocioni. He's better suited to guard some of the NBA's best power forwards, the most loaded poition in the league.
vinny_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #23
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_rex
Although scoring more than Indiana is no big deal, last year they were a slow defensive team through and though. Ben Gordon is the team's number 1 offensive option it seems and who knows how long he will stay in Chicago. Really, this team reminds me alot of the old Pistons team from 2003. Deep, Talented, for the most part inexperienced (with the exception of Wallace), and lacking in obvious offensive firepower. Anyway, I would start Nocioni. He's better suited to guard some of the NBA's best power forwards, the most loaded poition in the league.

Slow defensive team, hmm? They were one of the best defensive teams in the league, which is more than Dallas, Miami, and Phoenix can say. That having been said, those three teams have a superstar to lean on when the going gets tough. The Bulls don't have that luxury (yet) and they are doing just fine. They got the pieces of the puzzle they needed, which were guys to play defense in the paint that will contribute enough offensively to help the shooters.

How can you say they are inexperienced when most of the players on the team have been to the playoffs together the last two years? Also, with the additions of Wallace, Brown, and Griffin, they have solid veteran leadership along with championship experience.

As for offensive firepower, it comes in the form of three names: Gordon, Hinrich, and Nocioni. I'll leave Deng off there for now cuz he isn't dominant yet. The first three, though, are all capable of taking over a game and putting up points in bunches. The best thing is, they don't really care whether or not they get the shot for themselves, as they are all great team players.

Last but not least, there is no way we would start Nocioni at PF against a dominant PF when we have PJ Brown. He is leagues ahead of Noc when it comes to post defense, and if you want Nocioni's offense, then you put him at SF.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #24
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

At the SF, Deng and Nocioni will platoon. Skiles is known for not keeping a consistent lineup, and he plays matchups and has certain guys in the doghouse certain times of the season (last year Ben Gordon, Tyson Chandler, for example).

Deng and Nocioni are two different players who can do two different things against opposition depending on who they are playing.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

I'm seeing it like:

PG- Hinrich
SG- Gordon
SF- Nocioni
PF- Brown
C- Wallace
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

PG - Beatle
SG - Gordon
SF - Noc.
PF - Brown
C - Wallace

That's a great defensive team right there. Also, they have very good defenders comming off the bench as well.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
PG - Beatle
SG - Gordon
SF - Noc.
PF - Brown
C - Wallace

That's a great defensive team right there. Also, they have very good defenders comming off the bench as well.

I hope this is the starting lineup, and then we have Deng, Duhon, TT, and Thabo coming off the bench. Also, why do you call Kirk "Beatle"?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

His old haircut reminded me of the Beatles from the 60's-70's.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:55 AM   #29
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Starters:

PF: P.J. Brown 6'-11" 240 Louisianna Tech
Backups: Allen/Sweetney/Thomas/Nocioni

SF: Andres Nocioni 6'-8" 225 Argentina
Backups: Deng/Thomas/Sefolosha/Griffin/Khrypa

C: Ben Wallace 6'-9" 245 Virginia Union
Backups: Sweetney/Allen/Schenscher/Brown/Martynas

PG: Kirk Hinrich 6'-3" 190 Kansas
Backups: Duhon/Gordon

SG: Ben Gordon 6'-3" 200 Connecticut
Backups: Griffin/Sefolosha/Deng

Now, unless John Paxson pulls a rabbit out of his hat and adds a premiere PF (Gooden/Garnett/Sean May <--don't laugh) this is your starting 5 In Miami on Halloween.

Last edited by BullsBigMan29 : 08-25-2006 at 05:59 AM.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #30
Trade
Great young streetballer

Here the starting lineup

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Brown
C - Wallace

Last edited by Trade : 09-07-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: