Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default Did you all know this about the drug policy?

"Several NBA players have drawn five-game suspensions in recent years for violating the league's marijuana rule, but Andersen tested positive for a "drug of abuse" -- defined as amphetamines (and their derivatives), cocaine, opiates, PCP and LSD -- and was subject to a harsher penalty."

That from Chris Sheridan's article on ESPN about the return of Chris Andersen.

Apparently they have seperate penalties dependent on whether you used marijuana or something else. Did you all know about this? I had no idea. I find that strange. I'm pretty sure the NFL places all of them on equal footing. Just thought that was interesting.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did you all know this about the drug policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
"Several NBA players have drawn five-game suspensions in recent years for violating the league's marijuana rule, but Andersen tested positive for a "drug of abuse" -- defined as amphetamines (and their derivatives), cocaine, opiates, PCP and LSD -- and was subject to a harsher penalty."

Apparently they have seperate penalties dependent on whether you used marijuana or something else. Did you all know about this? I had no idea. I find that strange. I'm pretty sure the NFL places all of them on equal footing. Just thought that was interesting.

I didn't know, but I don't really keep up with the NBA drug policy. This kind of surprises me since a lot of people today equate all illegal drug use. Good for the NBA. I'm against drug-testing at work in general, except steroids in baseball. Marijuana is a nothing drug. Should be legalized.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

i didnt know but i do know 3/4's of the NBA smokes weed so i'm not surprised...
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

Amphetamines have been used in many sports as "performance enhancers" for decades. That's why the harsher punishment.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface

There is no reason to treat safe drugs like Marijuana to stuff like coke. Alcohol is far more dangerous than weed
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: