Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: who is the most overrated nba player?

WADE

end thread
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #32
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Kobe.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #33
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

Jason Kidd
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Not even close. Are you joking? On his worst night, Wade is 5 times better than Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, or any other Bull. IMO, it's not even a debate. Any player in the top 35-40 doesn't have a case. The players who were expected to win the East (only to fail miserably) are the only ones who can be up for consideration as the most overrated players in the NBA.
Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, or any other Bull are not overrated players...most people don't even know who the hell they are...

the common fan thinks that Wade is Jordan

thus Wade is the most overrated player in the NBA
Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #35
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by caonima
then who do you think can be in all star game?

Amare, no defence
Camby, no offence
kaman, Al Jeffson , bad team canot win, and not so good statistics as Yao
the injured center of LA? still green.

Most important, Yao has outplayed most of them this year, even including Duncan, Howard in east
CARMELO
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #36
BonyFaceNDong
I hit open 5-footers

BonyFaceNDong has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
I would say Yao. Don't get me wrong he is good. But definately no where near what they make him out to be. He does not deserve to start in the All star game. He's soft.

This statement put Yao into most underrated category right there.

Meida and some so called fans like to put Camby over Yao for his defense, but they plain ignore the fact Campy played with AI and Melo, a much easier schedule, 6 more home games, 6th in defense overall, only 2.5 games ahead of Yao, played without Tmac 11 games, Tmac on one leg 7 more games, much tougher schedule, most road games played in NBA, 2nd in defense overall.

Throwing Yao's head to head dominance, 26/16 vs Camby's 3.5/13.5, Houston blew out Denver once, lost in overtime by 1 point when Tmac only played 1 half of the game, I don't see how it's even close.
BonyFaceNDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #37
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

LutherHeadJob has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyFaceNDong
This statement put Yao into most underrated category right there.

Meida and some so called fans like to put Camby over Yao for his defense, but they plain ignore the fact Campy played with AI and Melo, a much easier schedule, 6 more home games, 6th in defense overall, only 2.5 games ahead of Yao, played without Tmac 11 games, Tmac on one leg 7 more games, much tougher schedule, most road games played in NBA, 2nd in defense overall.

Throwing Yao's head to head dominance, 26/16 vs Camby's 3.5/13.5, Houston blew out Denver once, lost in overtime by 1 point when Tmac only played 1 half of the game, I don't see how it's even close.

shh shut up, Yao sucks, doesn;t matter what you say or what he does, amare = god
LutherHeadJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #38
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Three people voting for KG....

....Three idiots that need to recognize. The best player on the best team in the league is the most overrated player.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #39
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
Before he got injured, people proposed that Bynum was the best player on the Lakers.

Maybe if he was averaging 25/10, it could be argued..but Bynum is only averaging 13/10, whilst Kobe is averaging 27/6/5.

I also remember people saying that Bynum was making Kobe much better.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #40
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

on this board, andrew bynum.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #41
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Definately Nash and Nowitzki.

Love Nash, though he isn't a legend (as previously mentioned), which his two MVP's make him out to be.
It has to be Nowitzki though. I mean anyone who gets an MVP and gets knocked out in the first round is pretty overated. I mean the guy just got an MVP and he lost to the worst team in the Playoffs.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #42
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
?
dwade is overrated, until his team starts winning some games
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #43
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Definately Nash and Nowitzki.

Love Nash, though he isn't a legend (as previously mentioned), which his two MVP's make him out to be.
It has to be Nowitzki though. I mean anyone who gets an MVP and gets knocked out in the first round is pretty overated. I mean the guy just got an MVP and he lost to the worst team in the Playoffs.
winning MVP and losing in the first round > 15 game losing streak and not making the playoffs at all
Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #44
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
winning MVP and losing in the first round > 15 game losing streak and not making the playoffs at all

Why would you quote something I wrote and have a tanty over it? It asked to write who you thought was the most overrated player. I wrote my opinion and I am being critizised?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I wrote my opinion and I am being critizised?
yep

welcome to ISH
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: