Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #31
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Name a worst " 2nd option" than Lamar Odumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Odumb is NOT as bad as you tools claim he is. Like really, you sound like right now.

agreed.. it would be impossible for odom to be THAT bad.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #32
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
Before this little run of success the Lakers had been trying to trade Odom for two years and couldnt get a food stamp for him.

wasnt bynum involved in all of those deals too? i would think laker fans would be happy to see odom still around, because that means you have bynum instead of jermaine o'neal.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #33
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Before this little run of success the Lakers had been trying to trade Odom for two years and couldnt get a food stamp for him.

How about this deal:

Odom/Radmanovic/Mihm

for

Wallace/Nocioni/future 1st
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Huh? Tell me legit trade proposals where teams turned down deals because they didnt want Odumb. If you cant? Then stfu. Is it possible the Lakers have been trying to move Odumb and they want more value than what he is worth? Could THAT be a possibility thus crapping all overr your argument.

Use your brain...when did Josh Howard become inarguably better than Odumb. Lakers arent gonna give him up for nothing. They want good value in return that helps...not just to get rid of Odumb for the hell of it. Why? Because he's a damn good player/#2 option.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #35
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
LMFAO at odom > deng

Odom is garbage, but as mentioned, when the Lakers are healthy, Bynum is now the second option. Besides, Odom isnt really even an "option" as if they specifically go to him and use him as a weapon. He just kind of floats around and picks up whatever scraps happen to come his way. Hey when you put someone 6'10 with a supposedly decent jumpshot on the floor for 37 minutes and you have kobe bryant out there, you're gonna end up with some numbers. It's not the result of Odom being aggressive or efficient or even good. 6'10 guys in the D-league could put up Odom's numbers playing out there with Kobe Bryant.
Good post
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #36
Sharas
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
And what the hell would Deng be on that team? At best, he's a third option. What would Odom be on Chicago? The undisputed 1st option. The whole point (to people who were arguing that Deng's numbers are better than Odom's) is that Odom has to adapt to a new role on a great offensive team, while Deng pads his numbers on a shit team.

read the rest of the post. and then try to answer. i wrote you a thesis why it's harder to score on the bulls than it's on the lakers.

doesn't your "best scorer in west history" do anything to ease scoring for his teammates? along with probably the GOAT coach? from your arguments, i'd say no

and just that you know, i'm not wasting a 2000th post on your ramblings.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #37
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Odumb is NOT as bad as you tools claim he is. Like really, you sound like right now.

yea but its typical laker fan reaction...next game he'll blow up and they wont say anything, just jump on another player who played bad that game to trade
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #38
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Even i'm getting sick of these "look how much the lakers suck behind Kobe" threads.

Everyone knows Odom is an underachiever from the last 300 threads like this.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #39
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
yea but its typical laker fan reaction...next game he'll blow up and they wont say anything, just jump on another player who played bad that game to trade

But isn't that the problem with Odom? The story of his career is potential unfulfilled. One great game out of every five just makes the other four even more frustrating. Right now, when he should be stepping up into the void left by Bynum and becoming more aggressive, he is instead completely out of sync both offensively and defensively with the Lakers. For pure scoring, I would take Deng over him any day of the week, although Odom obviously brings more of an all-around game to the table, and he is a fantastic rebounder (despite his pathetic showing last night in which Bryant took five times his amount of rebounds).

But by now, his fourth year on the Lakers, it's clear he is a bad fit. It's his worst year with them by far: lows in points, field goal %, 3-point %, and assists. I very much like and sympathize with Odom, but Bynum's ascension has merely covered up his weaknesses and flaws. Now with Andrew gone they're very much in evidence once again. And all this for $14 million a year!
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #40
hito da god
look that way >>>>

...who's second option on the knicks these days?
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #41
Bruinlove
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excentric
I seriously can't find any and don't say Hughes cause he's 3rd option.

Name a legit 2nd option that goes 0-0-0 in the 2nd half
Larry Hughes:)
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #42
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I'de take Deng for Odom in a heartbeat, especially considering their salaries.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #43
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote:
Heís not the worst second option in the league, but he is a bad one. When the team needs him the most, he crumbles every time. Thereís absolutely no way you can argue against that.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #44
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'de take Deng for Odom in a heartbeat, especially considering their salaries.

look what Deng has become.....
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #45
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
read the rest of the post. and then try to answer. i wrote you a thesis why it's harder to score on the bulls than it's on the lakers.

doesn't your "best scorer in west history" do anything to ease scoring for his teammates? along with probably the GOAT coach? from your arguments, i'd say no

and just that you know, i'm not wasting a 2000th post on your ramblings.
Wow, you have no idea what youíre talking about.

Maybe if you watched the games, youíd see that Kobe is working hard to ease the scoring load, while playing good D, and trying to get everyone involved. Thereís absolutely no way someone with common sense could blame Kobe for these last two losses given how well heís played.

Like Iíve been saying, the only reason we lost last nightís game, and possibly the Spurs game, is because Odom hasnít shown up in Bynumís absence and helped Kobe. I donít care what anyone says, Kobe can score all he wants, but without help from a second contributor, the Lakers will lose to every elite team in the league 75% of the time.

And itís not like Kobe hasnít played hard. Heís gotten teammates involved, scored at high percentage, and has carried himself as a true leader since Bynum went down, but thereís only so much he can do without that special second option.

Odomís supposed to be that piece to Lakerís puzzle now that Bynumís injured, but he simply doesnít seem interested in being that type of player. Heíd rather not be aggressive during the third, when the Lakerís need him most imo as a 2nd option, and instead hide behind Kobe and the rest of the role-players hoping that theyíd somehow push through.

Iím sorry, but that just wonít work against teams like Phoenix, Dallas, and San Antonio. To beat them when theyíre in rhythm, which I think theyíre starting to get into, you need someone else beside your star player to score and make big plays down the stretch.

Duncan has parker and Ginobili, Nash has Amare, Dirk has Howard, and KG has pierce and Allen. Kobe had Bynum, and when he did, the Lakerís were the best team in the West imo. I donít hate Lamar as a person, but I sure do hate him as a player. Heís getting paid 13 million to virtually play as a third/fourth option. Hell, Turiaf is playing with more passion than the bastard. I donít mind him playing like that when Bynumís healthy, however now we need him to be a leader.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: