Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Will Jason Kidd ask for a trade soon? What teams could get him?

I'm calling it now. Kidd was also adamant about wanting to play for a winner after competing this summer with USA basketball. I think AS weekend and the game plus the combination of the Nets losing (barring a sudden winning streak) will cause his frustration to boil over, and for him to demand that either they find a winning formula (better players) or trade him to a contender.

Something is gonna boil over.. and I wouldn't blame him, he deserves better. Although making the fact that he's 34 and making 19 mill a year this year and 21 mill the next make him virtually untradable unless it's either in a blockbuster deal for another superstar or a KG type deal where they trade half a team to acquire him.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post ASG: Jason Kidd will demand a trade.

Fortuitous.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

For someone who plays as hard as him, you know its got to kill him playing with Vince Carter.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

5 K!DD dribbles has an OK reputation so far

Kidd to Boston for Ray Allen and Brian Scalabrine!
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They say he all ready quietly asked for one this offseason and early in the regular season. How is this a prediction?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
*Kobe Mark*
I hit open 5-footers

*Kobe Mark* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
They say he all ready quietly asked for one this offseason and early in the regular season. How is this a prediction?

Yeah thats what I heard as well. Atleast he did it quietly without the team being bothered by it.
*Kobe Mark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
"quietly" is not what I said. I'm talking about Kidd going out in the open and doing it publicly. "Boil over" does not mean quietly go and do it behind the scenes... I'm talking a Kobe-like blowup. Think before responding next time buddy.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

he'll go to the all star game - see others playing enjoying their team success and Kidd will get upset and want out? cool - wonder who he'll get traded to...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to see him go to a team like Denver where A.I could move to the 2 spot. I honestly think Kidd would push a team like that into contention.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

It would be rather irrelevent though for him to make demands publicly after the all star game, if he is getting to that point he needs 2 demand the trade now.

The trade deadline is the 21st or the 23rd, I've seen both dates posted in one NBA.com article, so I don't know which one is the right date, but knowing the ASG is the 17th, he'd have 4-6 days to complain and have something develop, and most of the times trades like these take a few weeks, both teams saying what they want from the other, and one team asking for to much, or one team offering to little.

I could see that happening, but it would be dumb on his behalf, unless he just complains for the rest of the season and they play with that turmoil for about 40 more games, and then he still demands a trade during the off season. I think NJ trade for him now while some teams are playing for a playoff position and some are trying to go for a championship this year. I'm sure Cleveland, LA, and even Dallas would be interested. They shouldn't wait to long like Minnesota did.

He needs out of there, he deserves to be traded, Vince Carter, not as much. They either make a trade happen, or just break the team up. what's the point of having 1 player who is older and wants out and another who is just going to get worse. Re build now if they really want something to bring the people to Brooklyn in 3 years.

Last edited by Cavs2007Champs : 01-26-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
I'd like to see him go to a team like Denver where A.I could move to the 2 spot. I honestly think Kidd would push a team like that into contention.
Kidd on any top West team without losing their best player would be a contender.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
he'll go to the all star game - see others playing enjoying their team success and Kidd will get upset and want out? cool - wonder who he'll get traded to...
he's already upset.. i'm just saying an ASG is only a temporary breath of fresh air when your team is not doing well. When he comes out of it and has to face reality again, its gonna be brutal.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

thats an opinion right?
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 PM   #14
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

worldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat cool

He's most likely going to be traded to the West since NJ doesn't want him in the same conference so I'm gunna second him going to Denver.
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 AM   #15
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Yerrr but who would NJ want in return, they sure as hell arnt getting Melo, and i doubt they will deal iverson?....

I cant see it working unless there were a lot of draft picks and such, which they dont really have?
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: