Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #61
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Whaley is around 1.8 million.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #62
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

For those who don't know much about Kris Humphries, this might help

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/krishumphries.asp
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #63
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

I canít believe they found a taker for Hoffa. Good riddance!

Iím just glad heís gone, I donít really care what the Raps got back.

I wouldíve been happy if we got a rack of basketballs back, or an autographed jersey from Stockton or Malone.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #64
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

How is Humphries mobility? Is he athletic?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #65
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Moreso than hoffa

*KD Lang's Hallelujah plays*

Last edited by Bourne : 06-08-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #66
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i always thought humphries was a decent player...hopefully he pans out....and once hoffas rook contract ends its st8 to the nbdl for him
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #67
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

why the f..k would anybody want a stiff like Araujo, the GM in Utah sucks! Dude needs to get canned big time, I can't remember the last time they made a wise decision.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #68
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
For those who don't know much about Kris Humphries, this might help

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/krishumphries.asp

I enjoyed the part where it says he is absolutely one of the best rebounders in the country. Maybe he'll be useful after all...
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #69
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
How is Humphries mobility? Is he athletic?

Yes, Hump is a good athlete. He looked completly lost while on the court for Jerry Sloan, But is worlds better than Hoffa. Whaley -from what I've seen- is better than Hoffa also. And yes, I'm starting to think that Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor is a complete idiot.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #70
Unregistered

Default the skizzy on humphries and whaley

Hey, i'm a rabid jazz fan and I can tell you raptor fans that you're getting a couple of decent players. I haven't missed a jazz game in years (or a summer league game where humphries has been playing the last couple of years) in salt lake city. Humphries, when given the minutes, has the potential to blow up for some big numbers. He has an insane work-out ethic and you can see the results in his body. He played awesome in last summer's revue (albeit against lighter competition) but i could tell he had a lot more confidence then. If the Raptors give him some minutes to get him some confidence, he can turn into a decent player. But with CV and Bosh, you're right, i don't know how they'll do that. Whaley reminds me of a POOR man's rasheed wallace. And i mean beggar poor. But he HAS shown flashes of a smooth outside shot. He's a candidate for the minor leagues, but one to keep tabs on. Finally, i also watched just about every araujo game at byu. He flippin DOMINATED in mountain west play. Which doesn't mean crap in the NBA, but he said in the school newspaper he was hoping to be drafted by the jazz so he could stay in utah, where he feels most comfortable. Who knows? Maybe he'll turn into the beast we all knew in college... but i think it was a decent gamble for the jazz.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #71
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

It's not like Humphries or Whaley was doing much in Utah. I remember reading that Sloan didn't like Kris' attitude towards playing. He didn't like how many shots he took when in the game.

Whaley too has had some attitude problems.

All in all, I like the move for the Raptors. Neither one is signed long term, and niether one really costs any serious money. If either acts up you can send them home. Kris Humphries is young so I would definately take him for Hoffa.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #72
Unregistered

i would say its a dumb worthless trade either way, but humpries has to be a better contributor than araujo. i just read that the nba took a poll among players on what team they would LEAST like to play for....the winner was the utah jazz. i feel sorry for ak-47, awesome player on a crappy team.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #73
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

I was saving this song when we pick Lamarcus Aldridge but damn it we got something for Hoffa....Here we goooo :

*Church music plays*

Ohhh happy dayyyyy....Ohhh Happy dayyy..
*Back up singers*: Ohhh Happpy Dayyyyyyy..Ohhh Happpy Day...
When we got more than a bag of peanuts for Arujoooooooooo...
*Backup Singers*: Ohh Arujoooo
Ohh Happpy Dayyyyy...Ohh Happy Dayyyyy
When Arujo walkedddddd...
*Backup singers*: When Arujo walkeeddddddd out the door..
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #74
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is one of those garbage in, garbage out type of deals. Don't know why all the other Raptor fans are so extremely happy like this is a franchise changing trade. I guess anything is a upgrade from Hoffa though . Maybe Humpries can be a decent bench player for us and Whaley could add some toughness. Good trade by BC, Hoffa would have NEVER fit into our up-tempo system...even if he had talent, he was just too slow.

Anyone know if we lose cap space from this or not?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #75
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

I think raptor fans a re so happy because Hoffa was a Babcock player. And now they can see a change.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: