Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #91
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You cant even argue who got the better end of this trade. Its crap for crap and each crap has a file called "potential to do something if if if and if"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #92
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Ostertag's heir, apparently. Sloan loves having a big ass guy on his team to just flatten people. Araujo can do that much. I'd say Raptors got ripped in this trade. Hoffa with coaching could at least be an NBA-quality guy good for a few minutes of night and some toughness. Humphries? Come on, he's clearly never going to turn into anything and besides, he's a skinny 6'11 guy with long arms... as if the Raptors need another one of these? I'd have gotten a second round pick if I could.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #93
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You cant even argue who got the better end of this trade. Its crap for crap and each crap has a file called "potential to do something if if if and if"

I think that you are mistaken, you can clearly argue that Toronto won this trade. They traded a guy, whom at 7'0 feet tall, has no basketball sense and absolutely no athletic ability. I mean, the guy tries hard, but he struggles to dunk the ball sometimes. Now, we get Kris Humphries, whom looks like a body-builder and can atleast come in and run the floor. He's athletic, and can become a good reserve for the team. Not to mention, Humphries is only 22 years old, while Araujo is already 26 years old. On top of all this, the Raptors also recieve a very raw center in Whaley, whom can do no worse then Araujo.

I mean, the trade isn't earth shattering, nor will it probably end up making a huge difference or improvement in either team, but you can clearly see that Toronto got the better end of this deal.

Chalk One Up to New General Manager Bryan Colangelo.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #94
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Ostertag's heir, apparently. Sloan loves having a big ass guy on his team to just flatten people. Araujo can do that much. I'd say Raptors got ripped in this trade. Hoffa with coaching could at least be an NBA-quality guy good for a few minutes of night and some toughness. Humphries? Come on, he's clearly never going to turn into anything and besides, he's a skinny 6'11 guy with long arms... as if the Raptors need another one of these? I'd have gotten a second round pick if I could.

I don't think you have ever watched Rafael Araujo, or just do not see how bad the guy is at the sport of basketball. He basically made it because he's tall. The guy is a stiff and has absolutely zero potential to do well. Quote it, Write it Down, the kid will simply do nothing in the league. He works hard, but he doesn't have it. I hope he proves me wrong though, because he got some rough treatment in Toronto, when he was working hard, so for his attitude, I hope all goes well. But the guy flat out struggles at this level, he doesn't have the athleticism.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #95
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Hoffa is horrible, but he's 7 feet tall, tough, and plays hard. That's more than you can say for the NBDL bait that they're trading for.

Gobb is right in that this trade doesn't matter. But if I had to declare a winner I'd give it to the jazz.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 AM   #96
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Hoffa is horrible, but he's 7 feet tall, tough, and plays hard. That's more than you can say for the NBDL bait that they're trading for.

Gobb is right in that this trade doesn't matter. But if I had to declare a winner I'd give it to the jazz.

You are clearly wrong, I have no doubt in my mind that Rafael Araujo would struggle in the NBDL, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion so there is little to no point in arguing it. The trade isn't a blockbuster, but there is no way the Raptors lost this trade. Rafael Araujo could have been traded for a stick of Juicy Fruit, and it would have been a success.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #97
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I think that you are mistaken, you can clearly argue that Toronto won this trade. They traded a guy, whom at 7'0 feet tall, has no basketball sense and absolutely no athletic ability. I mean, the guy tries hard, but he struggles to dunk the ball sometimes. Now, we get Kris Humphries, whom looks like a body-builder and can atleast come in and run the floor. He's athletic, and can become a good reserve for the team. Not to mention, Humphries is only 22 years old, while Araujo is already 26 years old. On top of all this, the Raptors also recieve a very raw center in Whaley, whom can do no worse then Araujo.

I mean, the trade isn't earth shattering, nor will it probably end up making a huge difference or improvement in either team, but you can clearly see that Toronto got the better end of this deal.

Chalk One Up to New General Manager Bryan Colangelo.

Utah gave them up...you gotta ask yourself why. I dont see how you can argue Toronto won the deal here. This isnt a trade to be argued. Sorry.

The fact you even used AGE to argue Toronto's side is what I'm talkin bout.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #98
Sham
Great young streetballer

Who cares who won this trade. We're cleaning up more of Babcock's garbage. Getting rid of Hoffa is huge for the Raptors and their fans.
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #99
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Utah gave them up...you gotta ask yourself why. I dont see how you can argue Toronto won the deal here. This isnt a trade to be argued. Sorry.

The fact you even used AGE to argue Toronto's side is what I'm talkin bout.

I do ask myself why, and I think it's because Jerry Sloan doesn't like Humphries attitude and Whaley is most likely going to be a stiff, though I have never watched the kid so that could be a bad assumption. I'm just saying, I honestly believed after his rookie contract, which I assumed the Raptors would opt out of when they had a team option, that Araujo's NBA Career would be over.

To get someone who can play, and is said to have some basketball skill, is a good trade. It's rather pointless to even argue the point because both players have yet to prove a damn thing, but in that case age does matter, and at 22, Kris Humphries has more years and time to develop or straighten a possibly flawed mentality. Araujo on the other hand is nearing the end of his window of oppurtunity, the guy shouldn't be seeing minutes, if he were to improve, it would take him til he's 30 years old to make a significant impact. By that time, it may be too late.

I could be completely wrong, but watching Rafael Araujo for basically every game of his entire career, I cannot see why someone would trade for him. Kris Humphries cannot possibly be any worse. Everytime I see Araujo take the court, I know 2-3 quick fouls are coming up and he's going back to the bench 1 minute later.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #100
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Sloan had had enough of Humphries. I got the feeling that Humphries thought he should be given playing time because he is young and has potential and was a bad ass freshman at Minnesota. Sloan ain't the kind of guy who plays that BS.

We all know the story with the blunder that is Hoffa.

Basically, this is two teams trading former lotto picks that they don't want. I do think Toronto makes out better because Humphries is better than Hoffa. Humphries can also possibily get a lot better with playing time. Same can't really be said for Hoffa.

The Mavs should have picked up Hoffa before the trading deadline. Fouling is probably the only thing he's good at. Pavel sucks so bad that he can't give get some burn just to foul.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #101
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Hoffa can be productive....heck Utah allowed that to happen for some of the STIFFS they took on. Ostertag. I dont even know why I'm even arguing.

Lets just end it? Its really silly when i sit here and reread.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #102
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Hoffa can be productive....heck Utah allowed that to happen for some of the STIFFS they took on. Ostertag. I dont even know why I'm even arguing.

Lets just end it? Its really silly when i sit here and reread.

Done and Done, I really don't know why I even argued the point to begin with, it's really not worth the time. Look at this thread, for such a meaningless trade, so big, so many views. Anyways... onward.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #103
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

I knew this thread would be HUGE.

It's Hoffa. He's been the butt of sooo many jokes since the second his was drafted and 75% of the board is made up for Raptor fans.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #104
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

They both suck but Humphries is a better player than Hoffa, that's why people are saying Toronto won this deal. No one is saying he's good but he is better than Hoffa... and I'm sure a 14th pick is paid less than an 8th pick, not by much but it's still a plus.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 06-09-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 AM   #105
Unregistered

The Jazz picked up the option they had on Whaley for the 2006-07 season right before the trade. So, sorry - he counts for next year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: