Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Gerald Green

The Timberwolves coaching staff are just wasting this kid's potential, he needs a lot of playing time instead of spending the rest of the season sitting on the bench....

I hope he got traded to another team after the NBA ALL STAR Game, so that we can finally see his break out performance in the regular season.

Given enough playing time and opportunity, Gerald could someday be a star in the NBA. His success (or lack thereof,) is truly up to him if he put some effort in improving his defense, and gaining an exemplary work ethics in his basketball career.

I don't want to see the 2nd coming of Harold Miner because i know Green is a better individual player than him, and i am rooting for him in the Slamdunk Competition, so that his $h*tty coach will realize that he is indeed destine to become a great player in this league.

This Kid can play ball

Gerald Green Top 10 Dunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBB0QASk3ag

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-25-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Default Re: Gerald Green

I know athleticism only takes you so far but Green is a nice finisher and has a decent jumpers including 3s. Giving enough minutes, I see him averaging 18/5/2.

One aspect that is keeping him from getting time is his basketball IQ. He plays like a HS player instead of a pro NBA player.
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

they didnt pick up his option at the start of the season so he will be a free agent, and I hope he comes to the Clippers
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
bk33
duck my sick

if you can't get playing time on the worst team in the league, you only have yourself to blame.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

minnesota isnt going anywhere this year, they should just give him minutes. let him do his thing, see what he can do, he might end up becoming a star. it's not like the twolves have anything to lose.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
minnesota isnt going anywhere this year, they should just give him minutes. let him do his thing, see what he can do, he might end up becoming a star. it's not like the twolves have anything to lose.
totally agree
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 AM   #7
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

He reminds me of Joey Graham with more upside.
All the physical talent in the world, decent offensive skills, and totally lacking the mental horsepower to make use of it. It's not even a low BB IQ thing, it a generally low IQ thing. He's just kind of slow, and no matter how much you teach him there is always going to be a lag in how fast he can process information, that almost negates his physical gifts.

I hope I'm wrong about the kid, as he is amazing athlete, but I don't think he'll amount to much beyond a career journeyman.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Problem is Green is playing behind a lot of SG the wolves have invested into...

McCants 14th pick
Brewer- lottery
and Jaric- makes 6 mil a year....
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #9
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
He reminds me of Joey Graham with more upside.
All the physical talent in the world, decent offensive skills, and totally lacking the mental horsepower to make use of it. It's not even a low BB IQ thing, it a generally low IQ thing. He's just kind of slow, and no matter how much you teach him there is always going to be a lag in how fast he can process information, that almost negates his physical gifts.

I hope I'm wrong about the kid, as he is amazing athlete, but I don't think he'll amount to much beyond a career journeyman.

he has the same tools at TMAC its all about putting it together
Old 01-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
kidachi

daaamn @ #3. carter-like
Old 01-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #11
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

One of my favourite ballers. He was just starting to get regular good minutes for Boston, but has sunk without trace now, which just sucks.

Judging by the fact they didn't pick up his option at the start of the year, I have a feeling this lack of play is going to be a continuing trend for the rest of the season. Hopefully he will find some team, any team that will give him the minutes he needs to develop.

Hell, send him to the D-League if you must for a bit! Just let the kid show his skills more.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Hell, send him to the D-League if you must for a bit! Just let the kid show his skills more.

Unfortunately, they can't send him to the D-League anymore. I think the deal between the NBA and the NBDL was that if they has 2 or less years of experience, then they could be sent to their affiliate team. I believe that Green has 3 years of NBA experience so far. Only way to send him to the D-League would be to cut him from the Wolves. Although, I think he would benefit from being down there.

I was never really sold on him. He didn't show much aside from superior athletic ability. He reminds me of a really poor mans Jason Richardson minus the defensive ability.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Unfortunately, he's the same player now as he was last season. Hopefully he gets smarter, because he does have great potential, but the T-Wolves staff probably doesn't like the idea of playing him while he still makes all of the mental blunders he does. A symbolic play happened last night when Leon Powe grabbed an offensive rebound with Green being the only guy on him, backs out about 10 feet, and G just leaves him to go score an easy lay-up. Why? I think that Green might have been looking for his assigned man, but regardless, it was dumb. Basic basketball: Cover the guy with the ball in his hands. And Green makes these kinds of errors all the time. Should he really be playing a lot of minutes when he's making these mistakes?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

I always though that Green could become the next carter/McGrady, but right now it does not look good
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Unfortunately, he's the same player now as he was last season. Hopefully he gets smarter, because he does have great potential, but the T-Wolves staff probably doesn't like the idea of playing him while he still makes all of the mental blunders he does. A symbolic play happened last night when Leon Powe grabbed an offensive rebound with Green being the only guy on him, backs out about 10 feet, and G just leaves him to go score an easy lay-up. Why? I think that Green might have been looking for his assigned man, but regardless, it was dumb. Basic basketball: Cover the guy with the ball in his hands. And Green makes these kinds of errors all the time. Should he really be playing a lot of minutes when he's making these mistakes?
I agree, he has no basketball IQ at all. When he was with us after coming back from the D-League, he showed off his new range. I thought he would be alot better this year, but he's the same ole G. He can have all the athleticism in the world, but if he doesn't learn anything else, he will be overseas chilling with James White.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: