Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Gerald Green Wants Out

I doubt anyone moves on Gerald Green. Kevin McHale and the coaching staff have kind of painted themselves into a corner.

You aren't playing him so his value is down, you didn't pick up his option so he's unrestricted this summer plus unless I'm mistaken the Wolves haven't held him long enough to hold his Bird rights.

There is very little incentive for other teams to make an offer for Green.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #62
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't mind another young athleltic kid on the Knicks.

Have no idea who would have to go. His stock really isn't above the basement in Minny, doubt it would take much.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #63
kidachi

waive him. go to miami. haha.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #64
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
i j ust realised this but. memphis could have asked for paul peirce or ray allen for garnette. I believe they did that trade to help celtics out not themselves.

I hope you mean Minnesota

And Mchale will do anything to help out his beloved Celtics. But why would you sign Ray and then trade him? KG for Piece or Allen is a downshift as it is, so you may as well save a bit of money and get lots of youngsters in the process. Getting Pierce or Allen on their own wouldn't make T'Wolves a winning franchise.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #65
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone please explain to me what's wrong with him wanting to play. It's a sensible request, one that anyone in his position (the team has no intention of keeping you, you're not playing, and you're still young) that had any thoughts about his future would make. This is a request, not a demand. I don't see how it's unreasonable. His problem, as KO mentioned, is that Minnie has turned his "trade value" into a million in cap space, so no one is going to offer anything beyond maybe a late second-round pick and a small contract for him.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #66
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
i j ust realised this but. memphis could have asked for paul peirce or ray allen for garnette. I believe they did that trade to help celtics out not themselves.
Garnett wouldn't sign an extension if the Cs sent out either of those two guys, and the Celtics would have a hard time winning a Championship..in fact, without Pierce, it'd be out of the question with the way that Ray Allen has played. They might even be around .500.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #67
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Default Re: Gerald Green

He'll be in the NBA for a long time, he's just not ready for it now. He's an example of a talented player that maybe should have gone to college. He wouldn't have so much money, but if he was averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds on some team like UNC I bet he'd be a lot happier right now.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #68
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember a kid named Gerald Wallace riding the Sacramento's Bench in the first 3 years of his NBA Career, but now he is undeniably one of the best SF in the Eastern Conference, which also makes me think that never judge an NBA player, who are still under 25 yrs.old because you never know that someday that athletic kid is destined to become a Superstar in the NBA.

Gerald Green would be a very productive player, when he finally reach his peak because he got the intensity, and the looks of a future NBA all star.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #69
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gerald Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
He reminds me of Joey Graham with more upside.
All the physical talent in the world, decent offensive skills, and totally lacking the mental horsepower to make use of it. It's not even a low BB IQ thing, it a generally low IQ thing. He's just kind of slow, and no matter how much you teach him there is always going to be a lag in how fast he can process information, that almost negates his physical gifts.

I hope I'm wrong about the kid, as he is amazing athlete, but I don't think he'll amount to much beyond a career journeyman.

Why do people think Joey Graham is a top tier athelete ?? he is not really, he just has a rock for a body with decent atheleticism. He doesnt have Gerald Green atheleticism. Joey doesnt have the amazing speed or the hoops.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #70
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope GM Ferry would make a move by signing Gerald Green before the NBA Trading Deadline next month.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #71
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I actually think it wouldn't be too bad for Minnesota to dump him. They must see something that keeps him on the bench. If given minutes, his stock may drop. Plus this team has a log-jam of young talent. If they could trade him for a vet who won't ask for a lot of money in the offseason like Green might, why not just get rid of him? If the Nets want to start over, maybe they could get Magloire for him.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: