Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
patigree
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Nash....not an allstar???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Allen Iverson is playing superb basketball than Steve Nash, and when i am watching the Nuggets this season the Answer is the one who is showing his leadership skills for his team.

Steve Nash would not get voted in as a starter in the all star game because we all know he is not deserving to become a 2 time MVP in the regular season, and he failed to lead his all star team thrice in the NBA Finals.
i can tell you just hate Nash because he plays better and he's white
Iverson is nothing compared to Nash nowadays, all Iverson does is takes a stupid shot hopes it goes in and tries to get inside for a layup. He was good in Philly but now that I look at him play he does absolutely nothing for the Nuggets.
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by patigree
i can tell you just hate Nash because he plays better and he's white
Iverson is nothing compared to Nash nowadays, all Iverson does is takes a stupid shot hopes it goes in and tries to get inside for a layup. He was good in Philly but now that I look at him play he does absolutely nothing for the Nuggets.

Since Allen Iverson start his 2nd season with the Denver Nuggets he is leading this team in scoring, steals and in assists. Nash is nothing compared to Allen Iverson because despite playing with a better teammates, better coaching staff, and better system he failed to lead his team in the NBA Finals.

You are not watching enough Denver Nuggets game this season if you believe that AI does absolutely nothing for his team.

Iverson is one of the greatest players of all time, a top 25 player, probably the best scoring combo guard in the history of the league.

AI paid his dues after being traded to the Denver Nuggets, and he rightfully deserve to start in the all star game ahead of some guy, who cannot even guard a salt shaker in the regular season, and continuously choke in the playoffs.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-27-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #18
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
[/b]

Since Allen Iverson start his 2nd season with the Denver Nuggets he is leading this team in scoring, steals and in assists. Nash is nothing compared to Allen Iverson because despite playing with a better teammates, better coaching staff, and better system he failed to lead his team in the NBA Finals.

You are not watching enough Denver Nuggets game this season if you believe that AI does not absolutely nothing for his team.

Iverson is one of the greatest players of all time, a top 25 player, probably the best scoring combo guard in the history of the league.

AI paid his dues after being traded to the Denver Nuggets, and he rightfully deserve to start in the all star game ahead of some guy, who cannot even guard a salt shaker in the regular season, and continuously choke in the playoffs.
what i mean by saying Iverson does nothing Nuggets is that they would basically be the same with a shoot first point guard, make the playoffs but loose in 1st round
sorry but nuggets won't be anything with Iverson cause he scores too much
And talking about Nash, he doesnt have better teammates. He makes them better, thats a difference. Amare isnt as good as Camby, Melo is better then Hill... do i have to continue?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
evinecz
Banned

Quote:
[/b]

You are not watching enough Denver Nuggets game this season if you believe that AI does absolutely nothing for his team.

you tell him lebron23.. you da man
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #20
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
you tell him lebron23.. you da man
he just said the obvious
Iverson is a flashback and Nash can't play D
wow like i didnt know
Old 01-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #21
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
what i mean by saying Iverson does nothing Nuggets is that they would basically be the same with a shoot first point guard, make the playoffs but loose in 1st round
And talking about Nash, he doesnt have better teammates. He makes them better, thats a difference. Amare isnt as good as Camby, Melo is better then Hill... do i have to continue?

IF Nash make his teammates better, how come the Phoenix Suns never made it in the NBA Finals.

That is why you separate the great players from the good ones because Iverson have a better overall career than Steve Nash. He is the team's main option since the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him as the no.1 pick in the 1996 NBA Draft, and he is pound for pound a much better player than his teammate Melo Anthony this season.

I do not think that Steve Nash can lead the 76ers in the NBA Finals because he is a system player, and Iverson played the best basketball of his career in 2001 leading the Sixers to 56 games, winning the all star game MVP, winning his 2nd scoring title, and the first PG to win MVP honors in the regular season since Magic Johnson.

Making your teammates better is another overrated aspect of the game because we all know that both Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire can be a productive player if they get traded to another team.

Allen Iverson is playing one of the best season of his career, and now the NBA Fans voted him as a starter for the 7th time because he is playing one of the best basketball in the loaded Western Conference.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/

2007-08 NBA Stats

27.1 PPG, 6.8 APG, 2.3 SPG, 0.2 BPG, 2.90 RPG

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-27-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
evinecz
Banned

Quote:
IF Nash make his teammates better, how come the Phoenix Suns never made it in the NBA Finals.

That is why you separate the great players from the good ones because Iverson have a better overall career than Steve Nash. He is the team's main option since the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him as the no.1 pick in the 1996 NBA Draft, and he is pound for pound a much better player than his teammates Melo Anthony this season.

I do not think that Steve Nash can lead the 76ers in the NBA Finals because he is a system player, and Iverson played the best basketball of his career in 2001 leading the Sixers to 56 games, winning the all star game MVP, winning his 2nd scoring title, and the first PG to win MVP honors in the regular season since Magic Johnson.

Making your teammates better is another overrated aspect of the game because we all know that both Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire can be a productive player if they get traded to another team.

Allen Iverson is playing one of the best season of his career, and now the NBA Fans voted him as a starter for the 7th time because he is playing one of the best basketball in the loaded Western Conference.

2007-08 NBA Stats

i agree with every word you just say.. you da man lebron23
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
enayes
Teacher & Son

Iverson is playing great but he has Melo and to me the nuggets should have a much better record than they have now..Nash on the other hand is a system player but he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do...if I had to pick between them id rather have nash on my team than iverson..and by the way iverson has been one of my fav players since i started watching the nba...
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #24
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:

That is why you separate the great players from the good ones because Iverson have a better overall career than Steve Nash. He is the team's main option since the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him as the no.1 pick in the 1996 NBA Draft, and he is pound for pound a much better player than his teammate Melo Anthony this season.

2007-08 NBA Stats

lol these stats only prove what type of player he is
shoot first guard who gets his teammates involved best when he goes to bench. dude iverson isn't a good defender at all, steals don't mean anything
and btw you are saying the same bs all time, iverson's accomplishments from when he was young. This is as simple as that. Iverson is never gonna win a ring b/c he's not caring about others but his own stats. This is a team sport not a marathon. Even if you got him LeBron that team would be worth nothing because Iverson would kill it. Look at the trade. Sixers play same ball as they did with Iverson, hell they at least pass now thanks to Miller, and Nuggets are going nowhere with Iverson because of his ego
END THREAD
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I hate how a lot of casual fans vote for popular players (names that they know) instead of those who deserve it during the year. No disrespect to Iverson, but Chris Paul or Nash should have been starting. As for the East, Wade should not be there based on how much he's played this year and his team's lack of success.

Still the best guard in the East and probably the most exciting. So yeah, he does.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
omarnyc
Local High School Star

Quote:

amare is not as good as camby? are you serious?...the problem with the asg is they dont break the positions down, its just guards,forwards. if they had it in catagories of pointguard then maybe nash would start
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
Gevz2kX
Logician

It's a popularity contest. The all star team isn't the same as the all-nba first team.
Gevz2kX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #28
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

i have no doubt nash will be on the bench. he'll probably end up with more minutes anyways, so it doesn't really matter that a.i. starts.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #29
xTozer
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Steve Nash would not get voted in as a starter in the all star game because we all know he is not deserving to become a 2 time MVP in the regular season, and he failed to lead his all star team thrice in the NBA Finals.
How odd...you say we all know he didnt deserve 2 MVPs, I guess you left all the Sports Writers who voted out and the people who voted for him. Yeh, a lot of people know Nash > Iverson, only the incredibly confused people vote for All-Stars as if it were 7 Years ago. If based on this years Stats, neither Nash or Iverson would start, but only Iverson Fanboys/Incompetent Fools would say Iverson is CLEARLY better for something he did 7 Years ago.

I could be an absolute ignorant tool like you and say "Steve Nash is a 2 Time MVP, thus he is twice the player Iverson is" but Im not incredibly stupid. Im sure we all know the whole NBA Finals Argument is a mute point, seeing as though Kobe has 3 Championships and it still doesnt mean jack to all the haters, because he didnt do it by himself. Even if Nash wins a Championship, it wont be good enough, because he would have to win it without Matrix or Stoudemire, right? Its absolutely stupid.
xTozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #30
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTozer
How odd...you say we all know he didnt deserve 2 MVPs, I guess you left all the Sports Writers who voted out and the people who voted for him. Yeh, a lot of people know Nash > Iverson, only the incredibly confused people vote for All-Stars as if it were 7 Years ago. If based on this years Stats, neither Nash or Iverson would start, but only Iverson Fanboys/Incompetent Fools would say Iverson is CLEARLY better for something he did 7 Years ago.

I could be an absolute ignorant tool like you and say "Steve Nash is a 2 Time MVP, thus he is twice the player Iverson is" but Im not incredibly stupid. Im sure we all know the whole NBA Finals Argument is a mute point, seeing as though Kobe has 3 Championships and it still doesnt mean jack to all the haters, because he didnt do it by himself. Even if Nash wins a Championship, it wont be good enough, because he would have to win it without Matrix or Stoudemire, right? Its absolutely stupid.

Why idiots like you are still posting in this site you are the same ass clown that thinks the Cavs would not make it in the playoffs this year. ( I still remember you posts that stupid crap last month)

Allen Iverson is a better player than Steve Nash this season, and he rightfully deserved to start in the all star game ahead of some jabroni that doesn't play defense in the regular season, the only player that is much deserving than him is none other than Chris Paul because that guy make his teammates better in the regular season.

NOH are the hottest team in the Western Conference right now.

You need to stay away from using drugs before you start to logged on in the internet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: