Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

well we def. got younger in this trade considering humphries is only 22
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #17
bonez26
Local High School Star

I think Whaley can see mins he played well against the Raps last year...he could be better then anyone else we have to bang in the paint and take space up...Humphries will fill the role behind Bosh.....these are the small moves you have to make to be a good team...Who would have thought anyone wanted Hoffa...Now feel much better in the draft cause he's gonna make the best move possible....could this be a foreshadowing of the pick...now your full at PF and SF....could be Lamarcus...coming. Who knows? Colangelo 1 Utah nothing...they got killed in this trade.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Anybody have info on Whaley's actual game? All I heard so far is that he's in trouble with the law a lot and may not even see playing time.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

Default I will give you hair gel and Hoffa for Humphries & Whaley....

Well I wouldn't say Whaley is junk, but he will probably be let go. Humphry will definately improve the T.O. game. He can step up to be a Center at times to make the Raps more versatile. And the games that I saw T.O. compete against the Jazz, Kris was the one that did some of the little things. Colangelo has started his bring back of the Raptors organization. Hey, maybe we will make the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in a couple of years. We could have if it wasn't for that VC miss.

Hoffa....What good thing can I say about him....um.....he did his hair "alright"....I swear he spent more time on his hair before the game than actually on the court. But at least Hoffa is going back to where he came from. Utah is where he played so it is all good in both worlds. He won't get much playing time for Boozer is back and Kirilenko is dominating. That team is a contender this year.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I still think Hoffa has the potential to be an "okay" bench player in the league. I just think Toronto wasn't the right fit for him. I'm not saying thats the only reason he struggled because it was obvious his game was not ready to be competitive in the NBA, but with some work in the Utah system I think he might be able to be an okay player.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #21
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I still think Hoffa has the potential to be an "okay" bench player in the league. I just think Toronto wasn't the right fit for him. I'm not saying thats the only reason he struggled because it was obvious his game was not ready to be competitive in the NBA, but with some work in the Utah system I think he might be able to be an okay player.

I disagree. I think ther raps gave him too much time on the floor in the hope he'll get better and get used to the NBA game. I think they shoulda busted him to D leaugue from day 1. He's probably gonna get even less playing time in Utah since they're a more serious team and don't have time for this training bs.
I do however hope for Hoffa's sake that you are right. I don't have anything personal against him, I just don't think he's NBA material.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #22
DeepStich
I airball my layups

That was me above. I keep getting timed-out and log-off and don't even realise it. They shouldn't let unregistered users post (at least that way, I'll remember to log in =P).
DeepStich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 AM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Sloan's system is not an easy one to learn. It will be even more brutal for someone as dense and slow as Hoffa is when it comes to basketball.

But then again, Ben Handlogten got playing time for Utah so Hoffa should get time too... and most likely fail as usual.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM   #24
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

Yeah, finally. I would have waived him anyways for the hell of it. Something for literally nothing.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:31 AM   #25
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

i wouldnt be so happy humphries got more minutes and averaged 2 points a game, theres no way he makes villa tradeable, humphries is horrible hes a bust
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:21 AM   #26
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
i wouldnt be so happy humphries got more minutes and averaged 2 points a game, theres no way he makes villa tradeable, humphries is horrible hes a bust

Go talk to yourself on the Knicks Forum.

This is a great situation because it is the start to the BC era and the end of the Babcock era
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #27
craigthomasb
College star

im a fan of the trade

a) no more araujo
b) humphries, despite all his injury concerns if very young, talented and gives us perfect depth at the 4 now
3) whaley = 3rd string centre, but surely btter than araujo
4) does this mean were going to draft aldridge?!?!?
5) either that or we've got to be looking at pryzbilla
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #28
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

best of luck for hoffa in his future indevors...the jazz's system may have room for a shitty blocking and reboumding

at least he can pass :\
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #29
bonez26
Local High School Star

Well Diaw was supposedly horrid and a washup in ATL. He turned out to be pretyy good for the suns lets hope Humphries does the same for us.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #30
T-Low
College superstar

Lightbulb The real deal...

I found that this was the real deal:

Toronto: Rafael Araujo & an undisclosed amount of cash

TO

Utah: Kris Humphries & Robert Whaley

This is the plan, the reason why Whaley was in here was for salary cap match. Robert Whaley will be released by the Raps in the next few days. So the only player we picked up was Kris Humphries.

Kris Humphries had no chance of fitting in with the Utah roster with their potential all-stars on the roster. But Kris Humphries was a good pick-up.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: