Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
The emotions of that game for everyone involved overrides any other factor IMO. That includes Telfair throwing mean mugs every time he hit a shot, Big Al flexing and yelling after making a nice up and under move on Perk and KG, and even Brewer flipping out after he hit a few shots on Pierce. In the context of that game it was all fine.

To me the celebration was 12 years of frustration combined with making the game winning play. I'd be pretty fired up too.
whats he done in boston?

i wouldnt be so confident that bostons going to win a title.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

Quote:
he did try to fight Bonner.

...only once his entire team and refs got in between them. KG wants no part of Bonner.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
TheHonestTruth
Banned

Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
KG was a punk ass, and still is.

Word brother.
Al Jefferson should be an allstar for that comeback!
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
whats he done in boston?

i wouldnt be so confident that bostons going to win a title.

What does that have to do with the celebration?
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
What does that have to do with the celebration?
your "12 years of frustration" comment tells me that 8 years to the playoffs, no ring, yes it is frustrating, for KG, the wolves and their fans.

But whos to say thatll all change in Boston?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
your "12 years of frustration" comment tells me that 8 years to the playoffs, no ring, yes it is frustrating, for KG, the wolves and their fans.

That remains to be seen. He's never had a teammate as good as Pierce and few as good as Ray Allen, so he's certainly got a fine opportunity.

None of this means he can't celebrate the win over Minnie.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #22
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That remains to be seen. He's never had a teammate as good as Pierce and few as good as Ray Allen, so he's certainly got a fine opportunity.

The young Ray Allen was much more deadly than Pierce.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #23
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

yep kg is just expressing how passionate he is and he loves winning i dont see anything wrong with that its just sweeter for him because kg keep giving twolves his best but the twolves org didnt even care to put good talent around him...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #24
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

jefferson is a nice player, but we'll see if he can carry the sorry *** twolves to the playoffs for nine straight seasons. regardless of championships, we'll see if he can do what KG did for so long in 'sota.

besides, KG does have a pretty dam good chance to win the title within the next 3-4 years. better than jefferson anyways.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #25
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
jefferson is a nice player, but we'll see if he can carry the sorry *** twolves to the playoffs for nine straight seasons. regardless of championships, we'll see if he can do what KG did for so long in 'sota.

besides, KG does have a pretty dam good chance to win the title within the next 3-4 years. better than jefferson anyways.
I bet you feel good having your chest puffed calling another team "sorry ass" when you jumped ship when KG left.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
The young Ray Allen was much more deadly than Pierce.
I wish you'd just give up, accept the fact that Pierce is having a better year, like those of us with foresight knew he would, and move on. But instead you still come around with your garbage, and I worry that someone will see my replies and think that I don't like Ray. I do. I want to state that here and now, before I rip your idiotic post to shreds (again). He is one of my favorite Celtics, he never complains, works hard on his game, and earns his check (as much as any NBA player can, anyway). But understand this: Ray Allen didn't average 24 or more until he was 27. Over the same span only topped 5 rpg once, 4 apg twice. Never topped 0.3 blocks and maxed out at 1.6 steals. Paul Pierce's career averages--not best seasons, just career averages--are 23.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.6 apg, 0.7 bpg. So How is "young" Ray Allen so much better than Pierce? Go talk to some kid on RealGM or something, they might have more patience for your garbage, but I'm tired of your foolishness.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:

I didn't mean that it was 12 years of losing and now he's going to win it all, I meant that it was 12 years of an organzation not putting in nearly as much effort as he did to win and now he's with a team where everyone from the owner down genuinely cares.

And I agree that a title isn't exactly a gurantee. There's really only been a handful of games where they didn't play sloppy.

Last edited by Put Back Dunk : 01-29-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
KareemsGoggles
Banned

ziiiiiiiiiing.

Celts are no lock for the championship either. I'd take the Mavs right now against them, especially if they get a certain triple double machine.
KareemsGoggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i wonder why people hate garnett for being so passionate.. wether you win against an average team or the worst team whats important is you get the victory and being a winner i would do the same because everybody loves a winner.
then why doesnt he do that jersey popping every game they win? hmmn?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #30
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
I didn't mean that it was 12 years of losing and now he's going to win it all, I meant that it was 12 years of an organzation not putting in nearly as much effort as he did to win and now he's with a team where everyone from the owner down genuinely cares.
well when you have 4 years of 1st round picks like Ainge does to deal, along with a few near expirings, you can make these kind of deals.

Anyways, im so *bleeping* tired of talking of KG/ why things didnt work in Minny, i just dont care any more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: