Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #31
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
I bet you feel good having your chest puffed calling another team "sorry ass" when you jumped ship when KG left.

8-34 or w/e their record is is pretty sorry.

and the wolves are my favorite western team. almost all my other fav players other than KG are on the wolves roster. i just went w/KG b/c he was the reason i liked minnesota when they drafted him. i live in dallas & hate the mavs & all the texas teams, so like most people these days, i looked for someone to look up to & picked him. why is it so bad to have a favorite player?

Quote:
I didn't mean that it was 12 years of losing and now he's going to win it all, I meant that it was 12 years of an organzation not putting in nearly as much effort as he did to win and now he's with a team where everyone from the owner down genuinely cares.

thats another reason i switched, b/c the front office doesnt seem to care much about winning. they rode KG's coattails for 11 years, but never gave 110% like KG did when it came to getting quality players
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #32
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

and the wolves are my favorite western team. almost all my other fav players other than KG are on the wolves roster. i just went w/KG b/c he was the reason i liked minnesota when they drafted him. i live in dallas & hate the mavs & all the texas teams, so like most people these days, i looked for someone to look up to & picked him. why is it so bad to have a favorite player?
This seasons based more on progression, not W's and L's.

Quote:
thats another reason i switched, b/c the front office doesnt seem to care much about winning. they rode KG's coattails for 11 years, but never gave 110% like KG did when it came to getting quality players
hmm. when 1/3rd of your payroll is devoted to 1 player, you run into bad luck head cases(marbury, spree, sam), and just the downright stupid joe smith debacle, you're not writing any recipes of success.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #33
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

Lol you don't even live in Minnesota or New England, you're just a common bandwagon dousche. No one cares about your story you came up with to try to "prove your Celtics cred" because "see guys, I was a big fan of em before they got good "
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The problem isn't that the Minnie front office didn't care, it's that they were stupid. The illegal Joe Smith deal cost them five first round picks (from 2001 to 2005). That's a severe handicap, and the real reason why they could only mount one serious charge at the title in Garnett's tenure.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #35
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

Why does McHale still have a job??
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #36
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Why does McHale still have a job??
Who knows.

Im not pissed at him as i was this time last year.

I thought he did a great job in the Mark Blount/Davis deal, as well as the KG deal. Telfair, Gomes and of course Big Al are doing good to great.

People are saying McHale is stepping down to hand the reigns to Fred Hoiberg, I dont know, I just don't see it happening now that he has a true low post player in his hands.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #37
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
well when you have 4 years of 1st round picks like Ainge does to deal, along with a few near expirings, you can make these kind of deals.

Anyways, im so *bleeping* tired of talking of KG/ why things didnt work in Minny, i just dont care any more.

Yeah but that was Ainge's plan all along. He really only had 2 years of good picks btw. Al was picked 15th overall, Green 17th overall, Gomes was a second rounder, and Ainge made the trade with Portland the year before to acquire Ratliff's expire and Telfair. It's not like he was hired and walked into a situation where he just had top 10 picks and expires at his disposal, like John Paxson did. Hell, one of the near expires he sued this summer was in McHale's hands to begin with - Szczerbiak.

Although McHale didn't have the same amount of picks because of the Joe Smith debacle (his own damn fault, not Ainge's), he did have a lotto pick in 2005 plus top 10 picks last year and this year to help make some moves....but judging from your name I'm sure I don't have to sell you on his shortcommings as a GM.

edit: Oops, Gerald was taken 18th overall, not 17th.

Last edited by Put Back Dunk : 01-29-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #38
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
Yeah but that was Ainge's plan all along. He really only had 2 years of good picks btw. Al was picked 15th overall, Green 17th overall, Gomes was a second rounder, and Ainge made the trade with Portland the year before to acquire Ratliff's expire and Telfair. It's not like he was hired and walked into a situation where he just had top 10 picks and expires at his disposal, like John Paxson did. Hell, one of the near expires he sued this summer was in McHale's hands to begin with - Szczerbiak.

Although McHale didn't have the same amount of picks because of the Joe Smith debacle (his own damn fault, not Ainge's), he did have a lotto pick in 2005 plus top 10 picks last year and this year to help make some moves....but judging from your name I'm sure I don't have to sell you on his shortcommings as a GM.
Not much of a plan when you lose 20 last year in a row then fail to get Oden/Durant. Had you snagged one of them, would you have KG or Ray? And trading our picks is pretty much held hostage cause the rights are held by the clippers until 2011, lottery protected.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #39
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

I think some of the losers here talking about Class...should watch some of your countries legislature in action. Your elected officials are often as petulant as KG is it's just dumb to tell someone what they can or cannot celebrate. It's even more ridiculous to behave as if it means something.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #40
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

Al Jefferson knows he can be a better player than KG. The kid is just awesome.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #41
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Lol you don't even live in Minnesota or New England, you're just a common bandwagon dousche. No one cares about your story you came up with to try to "prove your Celtics cred" because "see guys, I was a big fan of em before they got good "

i'm not a bandwagon fan dumb****. i have been a KG fan since he's been in the league. i never f'n said i was a celtics fan before KG got traded there, how bout u learn to read? i became a celtics fan the day KG got traded there, i've wanted KG to get out of minnesota for the past 3 years. i don't have to prove myself to some idiots on a message board.

is there some ******* law where it says you cant pull for teams that arent in your area??? your only allowed to pull for local teams? stupid

i hate all texas teams. my favorite nfl team forever has been tampa bay. i hate the cowboys & texans, etc. and who gives a crap about baseball and hockey?

and all the joe smith deal & draft picks, etc, was a reason why i wanted KG to get out of minnesota, b/c they dont know how to do things up there apparently.

thank you
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #42
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Not much of a plan when you lose 20 last year in a row then fail to get Oden/Durant. Had you snagged one of them, would you have KG or Ray? And trading our picks is pretty much held hostage cause the rights are held by the clippers until 2011, lottery protected.

It might not sound like much of a plan, but he said from day one that he hoped to acquire enough "chips" to make a move and that's what he did. The young guys he picked up in the draft got a lot of playing time (with guys like Ricky and Blount out of the way) and Pierce missing almost half the season helped the record, but again that only helped the original plan.

He knew the team (Pierce/Antoine/overpaid and aging role players) had gone as far as it was going to go when he was hired so he had to rebuild. And when you rebuild you either have to end up with that franchise player, like Oden/Durant, or you have to trade the pick(s) to get a star. He was in a position to make either one of those moves depending on how the ping pong balls fell, so how is that not much of a plan?

And I'm not an expert when it comes to the CBA, but I'm pretty sure you can trade a pick as long as you own the rights to it regardless of who was supposed to get it IF the pick wasn't protected. I'll have to look that up.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #43
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Al Jefferson knows he can be a better player than KG. The kid is just awesome.

i hope he can prove it to me as well ... i really cant see that as of late... maybe in three four five six i dont care if jefferson surpasses kg then he gets my all time great for pf
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #44
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
"I told him we both have one thing in common - no championships," Jefferson said. "He didn't like that too much."

That **** that makes your soul burn slow...
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
Who'sKobe
Decent playground baller

Who'sKobe has an OK reputation so far

Lol @ bragging about All-Star selections.

Who'sKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: