Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Mavs4ever
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mavs4ever has an OK reputation so far
Default Jason Kidd?

Will he fit with the Mavs? I say go for the deal but Devin and Josh stays.
Mavs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Kidd?

nets either want terry if they decide to still contend or harris if they wanna rebuild
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

Dallas needs to make a move. The west is only getting stronger as we can all read.
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
nets either want terry if they decide to still contend or harris if they wanna rebuild

Bye Terry!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Nets will want to much for Kids be careful Mavericks fans but, I'm sure owner Mark Cubian want give into the nets demands.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #6
yeesterbunny
chicken nugget addict!

yeesterbunny has an OK reputation so far

As good as Kidd is, I really don't see how he can make the mavs much better than they already are right now. Even tho other teams in the West are making upgrades, I hope the mavs stay with the current roster.
yeesterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Saishi

Saishi has an OK reputation so far

I just heard on the radio (ESPN) that they have almost inked the deal that will send Harris, Diop, Stack, AND devean goerge to the Nets for Jason Kidd.

Are you freakin kidding me, this is a bogus trade. I don't think Dallas has enough athletic type players to compliment Kidd, he throws alot of ally oops, and wild passes that lead to assists because of the athleticism of Jefferson and Carter. I just don't see it going well for him here. I really like Devin's game and all the other traded Mavericks' game, this will definitely come back to haunt the Mavericks.
Saishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ded_to_dallas/
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

As a Spurs fan, I'm shaking in my boots. Kidd, Howard, and Dirk, all on the same team. That's pretty scary, I don't care what you might have to say against it. Dallas is my favorite team to win the conference if this deal goes though.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
As a Spurs fan, I'm shaking in my boots. Kidd, Howard, and Dirk, all on the same team. That's pretty scary, I don't care what you might have to say against it. Dallas is my favorite team to win the conference if this deal goes though.

Wow really? The spurs are always in the running. Did you forget about the lakers? Dallas is gonna end up like boston. Good starting five, but no depth. They would be one key injury away from dropping in the ranks. Boston can stay afloat because they are in the east. The west will destroy dallas if they lose any of those three guys.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

I actually dont know how to feel about this trade, Ive gone to love the Nets but its time to move on I hope Kidd can get his ring with Dallas, I just dont know if this is good enough for the Mavs to get over the hump, I still believe Kidd to Denver was a better location. Anyway good luck to Kidd in whatever he does.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishi
I really like Devin's game and all the other traded Mavericks' game, this will definitely come back to haunt the Mavericks.

You like Devean George and Maurice Ager's game?

please explain...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeesterbunny
As good as Kidd is, I really don't see how he can make the mavs much better than they already are right now. Even tho other teams in the West are making upgrades, I hope the mavs stay with the current roster.

First off let me say that I hate to see Harris go.

That being said, a distributor (Kidd) makes the Mavs better because Dirk is an isolation player. Heck a lot of the other Mavs play isolation basketball. So when your PG (Harris) also plays an isolation style you are taking lower percentage shots and hoping that luck/skill prevail. Which I think is evident on the nights the Mavs shoot 3-18 from 3-point land and get blown out by sorrier teams. Kidd (and distributing PG's) make other players better.

Just my thoughts.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
Saishi

Saishi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
You like Devean George and Maurice Ager's game?

please explain...

NO, Maurice Ager is on my top list of players that must go, but I think Devean George was starting to get back to the defensive form he was in before the injury and I felt good about him on the team.

I was basically saying their are players I wouldn't mind being added to the trade INSTEAD of Deavean George : Juwan Howard, Hassell, Barea, E. Jones

I'm gonna go get ready to watch MAVs vs Portland, but I hope this "quick-fix works out for the money people...because at this point in the season, I think it's not going to. Now I gotta buy League Pass to keep up on Devin Harris in NJ...I wish him luck even if he's not in a Mavs uniform, he really got a rough shaft on this one LOL
Saishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #15
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Honestly, I would like to say good luck Mavericks fans. Lets have a great playoff run and may the BEST team win.

Go Lakers.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: