Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
soog
I brick open layups

Default Who on the Mav's would you trade for Kmart?

I dont know how I would feel about this if it actually happened, but its fun to think about, and the more I think about it the more I think I like it.

Kmart and Najera for Stack and Croshere
(picked this combination from article info, positions correlating, and salary matching)

I know that stack is a huge part of this team in terms of scoring off the bench and team leadership. The leadership I can't speak for but the scoring, we've already taken care of. We signed Ager who is shooting lights out in summer league at 50% from the 3pt line, and I'm predicting we're going to pick up James on Wednesday who avg'd 20ppg and shot 44% from the arc this season.

In return for stack and AC we recieve Kmart, who would finally give us a low post presence (which we haven't had since, well I can't remember a true low post presence we have ever had), and he would command attention when dirk goes to the bench. He would give us the ability to have a very good small team (Harris/Terry/Howard/KMart/Dirk) or a very good big squad (Harris/Howard/Dirk/KMart/Damp).

We would also recieve someone in Najera, who I feel is a prototypical Johnson player. Works harder than anyone on the floor and very defensive minded.

I know its far fetched, and that it would be a huge risk that would probably disrupt the great team chemistry we have now, but I wanted to see what other people thought.

PG - Harris/James/Armstrong
SG - Terry/Ager
SF - Howard/Najera/Pops
PF - Dirk/KMart
C - Damp/Diop/M'Benga

(oh yeah and I'm also callin for us to sign undrafter rookie Pops Mensa-Bonsu)

Last edited by insidehoops : 11-14-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: re-named thread because its still pertinant discussion, just slightly different topic
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
AndDru1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Hmm...

It's very interesting as you mentioned, I would love to have Najera back on the Mavs and KMart is certainly a talent. IDK if his ego would allow him to be a back up. But for the Price you described that may be a very good trade, don't know if Nuggets would go for it. We have such good chemistry as is, would hate to mess it up without getting a key piece in return, honestly I can't say whether I thought it would work or not, cuz I have no idea, but a very interesting trade.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
yeahwhathesaid
I brick open layups

George Karl is not a players coach like Avery is, Karl had gotten into to some run ins with Ray Allen and Gary Payton, back in the days. And Avery looks like the best player coach in the nba. Martin didnt have this issue when he was with the nets.
yeahwhathesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

To be honest as much as Kmarts talent would be appreciated, I think he'd only last 1/3 season max before toys go out the pram for either; not getting enough touches, not starting or people just not paying enough attention to him...

Dallas would be better off without him
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
MFFL
I airball my layups

KMart is from Dallas, btw.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
soog
I brick open layups

Well with the free agent market startign to dry up, I keep trying to think about what else is possible. And with all the talk about denver wanting to move Kmart, i was wondering what people would be willing to give up for kmart.

Like I mentioned earlier, Kmart & Najera for stack & croshere works on the books.

Something else that works is Damp for Kmart. Assuming that this Nene deal doesn't get finalized, its a possibility.

So who would you trade for Kmart?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

nightmare. two overpriced, injury prone players for two large expiring contracts? no and no
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
soog
I brick open layups

But then if they are both over priced and injury prone, doesn't those factors cancel each other out?

Denver wants Martin gone, and well damp has been ok, and I'd be willing to risk his performances for the possibility of a happy, healthy martin.

Saying they are over paid and injury prone doesn't really give any argument against exchanging them for each other.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

KMart is only good next to a great PG like Kidd, Nash, CP3. Then, he's borderline allstar
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

he isnt as good as everybody thinks he still is. you saw him in the playoffs. he was lacking the energy he usually had. i think it was a bad idea for him to go to denver. he was fine there, and think of the team they could have had with VC and RJ and JKidd.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
Czar
I airball my layups

I might be crazy, but I think you guys should trade Terry and Stack for AI. I really think AI would work out on your team.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar
I might be crazy, but I think you guys should trade Terry and Stack for AI. I really think AI would work out on your team.

Preach brother preach
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
soog
I brick open layups

Well now with denver pursuing KVH there's a rumor of Damp and KVH for Kmart, salaries work out assuming that kvh is signing for 2-3M. It also makes sense for denver since they lost ellison to the spurs. Their only big are now Camby, Nene, and Kmart, so a 2-for-1 might be right up there alley.

And just for entertainment purposes lets think about what the roster woudl look like with that Kmart deal goin through and the AI suggestion. (putting him at SG like terry is going to play this year). Net both deals would only cost us what we have left of the MLE and the LLE to sign KVH at about 20% of his previous contract, and George at the vet min as has been reported.

PG - Harris/AJ
SG - AI/Buck/Ager
SF - Howard/George
PF - Dirk/Croshere
C - KMart/Diop/M'Benga

(I'd imagine us starting with a smaller line up if we did trade damp for Kmart, in an attempt to set tempo)

and for fun here is a trade ID to prove the deal could work with the contracts they currently have; however since terry isn't on there yet and KVH isn't with the team right now, I had to use comparable contracts (croshere = terry & buck = KVH). Just go to realgm.com and plug in the trade ID "3307652" if you are curious. And again let me say, this is just for fun, lets not go and flip out because this is rediculous.

Last edited by soog : 07-25-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

KMART I hate that guy, like seriously his nickname is the name of a department store. but seriously I'd rather keep stackhouse then having kenyon on the team.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Well now with denver pursuing KVH there's a rumor of Damp and KVH for Kmart

i would hate that even more. Damp is one of the few true C's in the L that can actually move people around in the paint. Dallas did not lose b/c of Wade in the Finals, they lost b/c Miami had the best C combo in the L. they dump Damp for a creaky kneeded hot head and they go from top 5 C rotation to high teens low twentys.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: