Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #151
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Bobcats Off Topic Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Timmeh must be the savior!
Ha! Apparently I can only do so much. If I was anything of importance we'd have made the playoffs by now.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #152
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Ha! Apparently I can only do so much. If I was anything of importance we'd have made the playoffs by now.
the year is coming
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 AM   #153
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

What do you folks think of the exodus of NBA players to Europe?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #154
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What do you folks think of the exodus of NBA players to Europe?

Well, I don't know how Toronto is going to get over losing Primoz.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #155
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Well, I don't know how Toronto is going to get over losing Primoz.

Comedian!!!!!!!!!!!!! : He isn't exactly who I had in mind. I imagine that some of our fellow(ess) posters may have some examples off the top of their heads.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #156
bballer
bballer

i heard they are going to offer rediculous amounts of money to try to get kobe and lebron and those guys over to Europe. is there a link yall have for this
Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #157
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they got Kobe or Lebron it would only be for a season or two. After a while, the desire for a chamionship will bring them back, imo.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #158
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I've been checking around the internet to see if I see an article or link somewhere regarding the subject of NBA players signing with European teams. One of you may answer this before I do and that is fine.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #159
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Article about LeBron being offered 50M
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #160
bballer
bballer

Quote:
that would be insane. i guess they would air more nba europe games if that were to happen
Old 09-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #161
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
that would be insane. i guess they would air more nba europe games if that were to happen

I think it would be so wrong for him to go play in Europe. Yes I know it is 50 MILLION dollars but he is set for life financially (sp?) already. I don't know and maybe it's just me on this but that just rubs me the wrong way.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #162
bballer
bballer

nba europe<MLS
Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #163
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:

That's 50 million tax free.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #164
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves on this. A handful of guys went to Europe this year, a majority of which were native European players. Is that such a problem? I have no problem with a guy wanting to go back to his home country to play.

Sure, Earl Boykins and Josh Childress went to Europe, but here's the thing: These aren't big-name players. These are guys are either role players or guys at the end of their careers. It's no big deal.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #165
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves on this. A handful of guys went to Europe this year, a majority of which were native European players. Is that such a problem? I have no problem with a guy wanting to go back to his home country to play.

Sure, Earl Boykins and Josh Childress went to Europe, but here's the thing: These aren't big-name players. These are guys are either role players or guys at the end of their careers. It's no big deal.

Childress was much more important to the Hawks than Boykins was to us or anybody, but I see your point. The question is do the European teams have enough cash and incentives to go after the big 2010 free agents?

On a side note, Timmeh, stay away from the Pitt Co. police.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: