Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #166
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bobcats Off Topic Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
The question is do the European teams have enough cash and incentives to go after the big 2010 free agents?.

IMO I suspect the answer is Yes! Any money earned overseas is exempt from U.S. income tax and our players have a chance to spend time living in and roaming around Europe. If a team can offer LBJ fifty million for one season then there are obviously plenty of euros to spread around.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #167
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
On a side note, Timmeh, stay away from the Pitt Co. police.
You ain't kiddin. I was at the game and saw it firsthand. Police were charging the fence where the students were and pushing them back before the game was even over. One guy got tasered. My girlfriend ran out onto the field and I was worried she'd get trampeled.

It was funny though because as everybody was walking off the field, the students were apologizing to the officers.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #168
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

So guys, I have a bit of a request for you. Totally voluntary, you don't have to if you don't want to. But, over the past 2 years I've been working on some music tracks (generated both manually and computer-ically...ok) and I wanted to get some feedback on it. The website is www.myspace.com/thewesthouse There's six tracks up, listen to as many as you'd like. If you have a MySpace, add me....if you want that is.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #169
bballer
King of ISH

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Whats up Guys,

I am asking that you all please give me +reputation. This is the first time that I am asking for it. I will return the favor
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #170
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Here's the thing, people that ask for reputation piss me off. If you are a good poster, you'll get recognized for it. Make good posts, make friends, you'll get repped. Don't be a puss and ask for it, earn it.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #171
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
So guys, I have a bit of a request for you. Totally voluntary, you don't have to if you don't want to. But, over the past 2 years I've been working on some music tracks (generated both manually and computer-ically...ok) and I wanted to get some feedback on it. The website is www.myspace.com/thewesthouse There's six tracks up, listen to as many as you'd like. If you have a MySpace, add me....if you want that is.

Thanks guys.

I tried them out. I'm not really an expert or anything, but I could give you some feedback.

I don't know what you used as the drums, but they sounded way off on pretty much all of your tracks. I assume you are a guitar player, so what I would do is just skip the drums all together and back your music with rhythmic guitar.

Your music sounded a little incoherent, too. A little more structure wouldn't be a bad idea. Choose a lead theme and work around that. The first track really sounded like someone was just winging it. The last track (hit the highway) was by far the most enjoyable. It was the most rhythmic track, and you need to keep it rhythmic if you only use drums and guitar.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #172
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Here's the thing, people that ask for reputation piss me off. If you are a good poster, you'll get recognized for it. Make good posts, make friends, you'll get repped. Don't be a puss and ask for it, earn it.

What is this reputation stuff about. I see the little green boxes and everyone seems to have an OK reputation. Isn't that OK?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #173
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What is this reputation stuff about. I see the little green boxes and everyone seems to have an OK reputation. Isn't that OK?

It's basically useless because it gets used for the wrong reason. It's supposed to be if you make a good post, people can rep you. But people are whores and just ask for it.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #174
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is it possible to give someone negative rep?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #175
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I tried them out. I'm not really an expert or anything, but I could give you some feedback.

I don't know what you used as the drums, but they sounded way off on pretty much all of your tracks. I assume you are a guitar player, so what I would do is just skip the drums all together and back your music with rhythmic guitar.

Your music sounded a little incoherent, too. A little more structure wouldn't be a bad idea. Choose a lead theme and work around that. The first track really sounded like someone was just winging it. The last track (hit the highway) was by far the most enjoyable. It was the most rhythmic track, and you need to keep it rhythmic if you only use drums and guitar.
Thanks for the feedback. The first 2 tracks up were 2 that I made in about an hour and didn't have a whole lot of work put into them. I know the drums sound a little awkward, but the program I have doesn't give me a lot to work with. The 9 minute song, yes, I just sat down and played. I admit it's pretty sketchy at some points but pretty good for a guy who doesn't play much.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #176
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Is it possible to give someone negative rep?

Nah, the closest thing would be "report bad post"

Also, CatCast will be returning tomorrow morning!

I know you are all just shaking with anticipation
Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #177
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Feltonian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Don't be a puss

+1 Rep for Timmeh
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #178
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltonian
+1 Rep for Timmeh

Sorry, that's a -1 for Timmeh for unnecessary rudeness.

But it's good to see you back, Feltonian.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #179
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Feltonian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I know it's not nice, but it did make me chuckle.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #180
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:

Aww come on OWL
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: