Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Bobcats Off Topic Discussion Thread

Quote:
COCKEYSVILLE, Md. -- Baltimore County police said Sunday they have charged a 15-year-old boy with four counts of first-degree murder in the killings of his parents and his two younger brothers. Meanwhile, members of a quite suburb are in mourning.

Nicholas Waggoner Browning has been charged as an adult in the slayings of his father, John Browning, 45; his mother Tamara, 44; and his brothers Gregory, 13, and Benjamin, 11.

The victims were found dead Saturday evening inside a home in ****eysville, north of Baltimore. A small, silver-colored crucifix was hanging from the Brownings' mailbox Sunday.

Police spokesman Bill Toohey said Browning was formally arrested at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

"Early Sunday morning, he did indeed admit that he killed them," Toohey said. Browning was denied bail at a hearing Sunday morning; bail review will be conducted Monday.

Toohey said Nicholas Browning, a student at Dulaney High School, had a disagreement with his father and used his father's handgun to kill his family Friday night.

After the slayings, police said he threw the gun away in bushes near his house.

Toohey told WBAL TV 11 News that the youth spent Friday night and all day Saturday with friends. When the friends took him back to his house at 5 p.m. Saturday, Browning went into the house and came back out to say that his father was dead.

"He was taken into the precinct almost immediately after he reported it, which is standard operating procedure," Toohey said of Nicholas Browning.

The neighborhood was quiet Sunday morning; no police officers remained at the scene and there was no sign of investigation or any other activity. The grounds of the two-story home were neat and there was a basketball backboard outside.

Neighbors who talked to WBAL 11 News reporter Melissa Carlson said the family had lived in the home for more than 12 years and described them as quiet, friendly and active members in the community.

The victims were found dead Saturday evening inside a home in ****eysville, north of Baltimore.

Residents called each other throughout the night to talk about the tragedy, said resident Mike Thomas. He said one of his sons had been in Boy Scouts with one of the Brownings' sons and that Browning remained involved in scouting.

"These people would do anything in the world for you - just incredible people," Thomas said. For instance, Thomas said the Brownings would pick up debris along the street.

John Browning had been an attorney for 19 years with Royston, Mueller, McLean & Reid, and was a partner in the law firm in the county seat of Towson, about six miles from the family's home.

Nicholas Browning is being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center in a special section for juveniles.

Counselors were to be available Monday to meet with students at Dulaney High, said Charles Herndon, a county school spokesman.

Stay with WBALTV.com and WBAL TV 11 News for updates.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/15205396/detail.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
You must think for yourself. Did you get nothing out of my words to you in this forum a couple of days ago. You cannot be a mental sheep or there will come a time when another Hitler will arise because of people who don't think.

Exactly the problem with a one world government.... take the fact the the majority of people in the world are christian but the muslim faith is quickly growing and I could see it becoming the dominant religion of the world very soon. If the leader of this one world government were to hide his fanatical viewpoint and win over the muslim votes once he took power of the world (sounds good doesn't it) he could express whatever he wanted to and who would be there to stop him? he is in control of everything. just like the United States has a check and balances system every individual government is the check and balance for every other government, without this who is to stop the leader of the world from declaring that 3rd world countries are a strain on the world's economy and putting money into them is pointless. Now we have innocent people dying because they were born into poverty and the mass immigration of these people to other regions would cause a strain on that region whether it be economic, food shortages, population stress. Or if he was to segregate the world because he had a strong feeling of racial inequality..... the pitfalls are endless.

And as for Doomsday... I have no problem when people express their opinions but his "research" comes from youtube, micheal moore, and websites people have made themselves on geocities. And when you give him multiple credible sources that contradict his obviously bias "facts" he refuses to back down or even concede to the fact that its even a possibility that his conspiracy could be wrong. That is when I throw anything he says out the window. Because how can you take someone's opinion to be worth anything when you know they refuse to look at it from all angles objectively?
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #33
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
Exactly the problem with a one world government.... take the fact the the majority of people in the world are christian but the muslim faith is quickly growing and I could see it becoming the dominant religion of the world very soon. If the leader of this one world government were to hide his fanatical viewpoint and win over the muslim votes once he took power of the world (sounds good doesn't it) he could express whatever he wanted to and who would be there to stop him? he is in control of everything. just like the United States has a check and balances system every individual government is the check and balance for every other government, without this who is to stop the leader of the world from declaring that 3rd world countries are a strain on the world's economy and putting money into them is pointless. Now we have innocent people dying because they were born into poverty and the mass immigration of these people to other regions would cause a strain on that region whether it be economic, food shortages, population stress. Or if he was to segregate the world because he had a strong feeling of racial inequality..... the pitfalls are endless.

And as for Doomsday... I have no problem when people express their opinions but his "research" comes from youtube, micheal moore, and websites people have made themselves on geocities. And when you give him multiple credible sources that contradict his obviously bias "facts" he refuses to back down or even concede to the fact that its even a possibility that his conspiracy could be wrong. That is when I throw anything he says out the window. Because how can you take someone's opinion to be worth anything when you know they refuse to look at it from all angles objectively?

Very well-thought-out.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #34
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Super Bowl--Go New York!!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #35
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Well, if one thing can be said, this topic certainly sparked debate and brought in comments. Shift discussion over to the Super Bowl--Go Giants!!
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #36
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Go Tom Petty!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #37
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
If the leader of this one world government were to hide his fanatical viewpoint and win over the muslim votes once he took power of the world (sounds good doesn't it) he could express whatever he wanted to and who would be there to stop him?
It would never happen. A lot of people are against O'Bama because he has a Muslim background. Everyone except Muslims are wary of them because they know about their religion. One of the tenets of Islam is that the infidels (Non-Muslims) must die if they do not accept their religion. No one wants someone with that mindset leading anything.

Quote:
his "research" comes from youtube, micheal moore, and websites people have made themselves on geocities. And when you give him multiple credible sources that contradict his obviously bias "facts" he refuses to back down or even concede to the fact that its even a possibility that his conspiracy could be wrong. That is when I throw anything he says out the window. Because how can you take someone's opinion to be worth anything when you know they refuse to look at it from all angles objectively?
exactly. Youtube, Michael Moore, and random geocities sites are not credible at all. That's why I don't listen to anything he has to say. He is, as OWL put it, a mental blind sheep who can't think for himself. He's a child lost in a fantasy world not knowing what to do for himself so he'll follow anyone who looks halfway stable.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #38
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gooooooo Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #39
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

[quote=Timmeh]It would never happen. A lot of people are against O'Bama because he has a Muslim background. Everyone except Muslims are wary of them because they know about their religion. One of the tenets of Islam is that the infidels (Non-Muslims) must die if they do not accept their religion. No one wants someone with that mindset leading anything.QUOTE]

You assume things about Muslims without questioning. Therefore, you would be the wrong kind of person to lead anything. You listen to people who are only willing to see Muslims in one negative stereotypical way. Yours is an ignorance and prejudice that is as bad as any stereotyping. Over the decades of my life I have had the opportunity to know many Muslim people and I must say that they are the some of the kindest, most humble and respectful (respectful of all religions), family-oriented and intelligent people whom I have ever met. What worries me is that too many people have the kind of ignorant and intolerant attitudes like you have, Timmeh. My heart bled after Sept 11 when I saw the lengths that Muslims and non-Muslim dark-skinned people (including some of them who were my family members, friends and neighbors)--All of them citizens of the US, mind you--had to go to in order to convince the public of their loyalty to the US just to keep from having their homes and businesses trashed and their familty members murdered. Certainly you remember that many dark-skinned American citizens were murdered after 9/11 by people who likely considered themselves the model of American Christianity and virtue. The murderers were by no means a model of Christianity nor virtue but they were hate-filled people full of ignorance and fear. Read your own scriptures and then look at what has been done in the name of all of our religions, irrespective of what our scriptures say. Yes you all are mostly young and gullible, but surely you have seen that all groups--religions, political parties, ethnicities and racial groups--have their extreme elements but most people are not extremists. Big f*cing deal that Obama may or may not have a Muslim background. Why is that any worse than Mike Huckabee being a Baptist pastor? Why is it any worse than the many mindless people of all religious persuasions who run our governments at all levels.
When people like you try to convince others to hate using lies, stereotyping just plain bigotry, you represent all that is wrong with our country.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #40
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Wow, this is way off topic. Not sure I'm gonna participate in this thread.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #41
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

I wouldn't call Timmeh's point of view ignorant or bigot. Muslim's do not believe that non-muslims should die. Muslims are actually very caring and accepting people. And yes people are wary of Obama's muslim family upbringing but that is the United States... We are talking about a one world government, the population of the United States would only be a small representation of the people expressing who should be leader of this one world government. Asia is the most populated continent and Europe and Asia is seeing a huge spike in the followers of the Muslim religion they would most likely be the places that would decide the leader if it came down to a voting system like the United States have (much like California/Florida/New York and the places with the most electoral votes decide the US election each time). I would have no problem with a Muslim leading this nation or any other nor would Obama (who is not muslim) bother me as the next president. The the followers of the Jihad (or radical muslims who interpret the Koran a different way then the majority of muslims) are the ones who feel non-muslims are inferior and should die.

But how is that any different then any other religion. The catholic and christian church all feel like they are superior to every other religion and have been the reason for many wars and millions of deaths. They may not say they wish death on anyone but all religions seem to have the mindset that everyone who is not a devout follower of their religion should be demoralized and looked down upon until they see their wicked ways and can be shown the light.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #42
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

As for the Super Bowl.... I didn't want either of them to win. I would have been just as happy if all the balls went flat and all the power in Arizona went out and they had to declare the game a tie. c'mon the Giants and the Patriots..... Eli gives the worst interviews and the Patriots are just too cocky.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #43
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
You assume things about Muslims without questioning. Therefore, you would be the wrong kind of person to lead anything. You listen to people who are only willing to see Muslims in one negative stereotypical way. Yours is an ignorance and prejudice that is as bad as any stereotyping.
First of all OWL, I am not ignorant enough to generalize every single Muslim as one who is bent on killing every non-Muslims. But guess what? Whether you like it or not, that is the image a lot of people have about them. I realize there are good Muslim people, but there are also the bad ones. I did not assume anything, I know the tenets and pillars of Islam very well. I listen to both sides of every story before I get involved and for you to accuse me of being a bigot is not looking at it from how I saw it to begin with. I looked at it from the general POV, not my own.
Quote:
Read your own scriptures and then look at what has been done in the name of all of our religions, irrespective of what our scriptures say.
I think you are referring to the Crusades that happened about 400 years ago. Please understand that during that time, the Church was chalk full of corruption. If you ask Christians today, they'd tell you that those crusades were wrong.
Quote:
Yes you all are mostly young and gullible, but surely you have seen that all groups--religions, political parties, ethnicities and racial groups--have their extreme elements but most people are not extremists.
I agree with that statement. Sadly, the extremists get more attention in the media, thus painting the picture for the entire group. It's not fair, but that is the general view.
Quote:
Big f*cing deal that Obama may or may not have a Muslim background. Why is that any worse than Mike Huckabee being a Baptist pastor? Why is it any worse than the many mindless people of all religious persuasions who run our governments at all levels.
You wanna know why its a big deal? Because American society, as well as most other major societies around the world are led by cultures. Which do you think would gain more acceptance in America, a Baptist or a Muslim? Switch it to the other side, which do you think would gain more acceptance in Saudi Arabia, a Baptist or a Muslim. I understand why it bothers you and it really doesn't seem fair, but that's human nature for you.
Quote:
When people like you try to convince others to hate using lies, stereotyping just plain bigotry, you represent all that is wrong with our country.
I haven't tried to convince others to hate anything. I haven't lied, stereotyped or anything. I presented the general view of how Americans view Islams. I never said that it was my personal view. The same example stands for how Americans used to view blacks. That has changed fortunately. It is how Americans view the surge of Latino numbers immigrating from Mexico. There aren't a lot of people in support of it right now, but that view will change over time I'm sure.

I apologize if what I said hurt you because it was never intended to hurt anyone. I only presented the general view. To be honest, I know that there are great Muslim people in the world. I feel bad for them because they're doing the best they can but are having a hard time getting accepted because there are people on the other side of the world killing others for the sake of their religion.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #44
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

hmm this wasn't my idea of off topic discussion
Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

People in general are just ignorant, and whites more than most; I should know because I am one. That won't change until (one of my favorite lines from Bullworth):

"White people, black people, brown people, yellow people, get rid of 'em all/ All we need is a voluntary, free spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction/ Everybody just gotta keep **** everybody til they're all the same color."

If you want a good conspiracy theory get into the illuminati. That'll keep you occupied for days. Why do we have the "all seeing eye" on our money? The pyramid?
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: