Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #46
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Default Re: Bobcats Off Topic Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
hmm this wasn't my idea of off topic discussion

the best part about talking about things like this is so that those people who often only hear the "common point of view" get a chance to hear things that they may never get the chance to just talking with people around them. Yes, race and religion may strike a bad chord with some people but if you read everyone's message and respond in a reasonable way as to present your side, there is no reason why talking about a controversial subject can be anything but positive by opening people's eyes to new opinions and giving them a chance to see it from a more broad perspective. No one is forcing anyone to agree with them (unless Doomsday converts his allegiance to the Bobcats and finds this thread) we are just expressing our own opinions.
If you feel the need to speak about Tiger Woods amazing comeback and winning the Dubai tournament or Mercury Morris being a complete tool and disgracing the '72 Dolphins or Johan Santana's seemingly inevitable domination of the national league... then I will be glad to give my opinion on that.
Someone however brought up an excellent question on a one world government and when you are speaking of the world and its government's you are most certainly speaking of racial and religious representation (Obama winning a white state is huge, or McCain winning the less religious New Hampshire primary<--- all things said by the media in the past 2 months).
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #47
bballer
King of ISH

that was one of the GOAT superbowls that i can remember
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #48
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

New look for bobcats.com

Thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/bobcats
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #49
bballer
King of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
New look for bobcats.com

Thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/bobcats
not bad, but i liked the other look better
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #50
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

that video makes me wish I could dunk.... GDub is disgusting....
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #51
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Pulling hard for the Heels tonight. Just hope Thomas can execute at PG. Hard to imagine that the road to the final four is coming through Bobcats Arena. Winning the ACC tournament there will more than likely mean a #1 seed in the east with games in Raleigh and then back to Charlotte. Duke would be a big draw, but the Heels would be insane.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #52
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

So Shaq and his rusty hip gets shipped to the run and gun Suns for Marcus Banks and Shawn Marion..... this could be interesting
Old 02-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #53
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Is that official? Suns got totally ripped off.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #54
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

WTF no Jason Richardson in the 3 point contest. Complete BS
Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #55
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Shaq just has to pass a physical..... JRich in the 3 pt contest would be nice and is possibly warranted but that stuff is more about getting people to watch for who is out there and when you think Jason Richardson you don't think 6.8 3PA a game.... I wonder how many people have won both a 3pt competition and slam dunk....
Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #56
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

I've got mixed feelings about Shaq in Phoenix. I think he'll bring strength, physicality, and a strong inside presence, but I question whether or not he'll be able to do all of the running that the Suns do when they play. Of course, you don't need all five guys on a fast break. I think it makes them a more serious contender, now that they've got a strong presence down low, but Shaq's only got one more productive year from him, and then he'll just be another overpaid contract that the Suns wait for to come off the books.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #57
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I've got mixed feelings about Shaq in Phoenix. I think he'll bring strength, physicality, and a strong inside presence, but I question whether or not he'll be able to do all of the running that the Suns do when they play. Of course, you don't need all five guys on a fast break. I think it makes them a more serious contender, now that they've got a strong presence down low, but Shaq's only got one more productive year from him, and then he'll just be another overpaid contract that the Suns wait for to come off the books.

Exactly.... that is what makes no sense. You would rather pay Shaq $20 mill a year for 2 more seasons of nothing then to pay Shawn Marion $20 mill a year (a 3 million dollar raise) when he has 6 more seasons before he's Shaq's age. Yes Marion was unhappy with alot of things which is why he was traded. But he either wanted A) a max contract extentsion or B) more touches to prove he was worth max money when he became a free agent because the Suns (when his agent approached them) would not even discuss a contract extension, a little inconsiderate when you look at Shawn Marion's play as a Sun for so many years he ranks like top 3 in rebounds, steals, points, blocks, and 3pt made in franchise history and you won't even TALK contract with the guy? But you'll pay the always injured lethargic out of shape Shaq. I hope Marion blows up in Miami and shows everyone what kind of player he really is.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #58
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Judge orders woman to stay away from Jordan
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH --Notebook

Judge orders woman to stay away from Jordan

A judge in northwestern Pennsylvania barred a woman from having any contact with Charlotte Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan in response to a lawsuit the former NBA star filed alleging she was harassing and threatening him.Crawford County Judge Gordon Miller granted Jordan a preliminary injunction Wednesday against Lisa A. Miceli, who claimed in 2004 that Jordan fathered her son.

In a lawsuit filed last week in Meadville, Jordan said two paternity tests in 2005 ruled him out as the boy's father.

Miller's order forbids Miceli, of Meadville, "communicating with or contacting in any way" Jordan, his family or any of his representatives or their families, Jordan's lawyer, Frederick J. Sperling, said.

Jordan was forced to sue Miceli because she violated an Aug. 26, 2005, agreement prohibiting her from contacting Jordan, his family or his representatives, the lawsuit states.

"Due to the increasingly violent and threatening content of the communications, Michael Jordan had no choice but to seek legal protection," Sperling told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Since the 2005 agreement, Miceli has sent nearly 400 e-mails and notes to Jordan and his representatives, according to the lawsuit, which also says Miceli called Jordan's office and his representatives and left voicemails on more than 200 occasions.

Why is this lady not in jail?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #59
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

what a psycho
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #60
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Have you guys noticed that the Bobcats forum should come before the Bulls forum?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: