Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 AM   #31
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 40
Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
How is lebron more talented than T-mac??????? , (More athletic, Yes)
some of you guys are just stupid
agreed t-mac is better than lebron, but we'll see next season
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #32
allball
National High School Star
 
allball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Spring, TX (H-town)
Posts: 2,112
allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Rockets all the way
agreed t-mac is better than lebron, but we'll see next season

31/7/7 at age 20/21 as the best player on his team. Franchise on his back since age 18. Oh and there's that whole first round of the playoffs thing. I like T-Mac though and I live in Houston but Lebron is the more talented player IMO.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #33
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default

Shaq and Garnett. Anybody who says otherwise just needs to wake up and come to their senses.

Shaq - when you're more athletic than anybody on the floor and when you're 7-1 and 320 lbs at the same time and when you know you can completely dominate the game even without being able to hit free throws, you're easily the most talented player.

Garnett - 7-1, extremely athletic, has soft hands, can run faster than guys that are 6-0 or shorter. He's been a top 5 player in the league for years when he didn't even never fully utilize his tools because he's passive and he hates to go inside.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #34
Molson
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky418
Well i think when ur talking about talent no one really thinks about Shaq i guess anyone who has the kind of body he has will be a great player and a dominant force the guy could barley hit a freethrow for goodness sake.
Dont get me wrong shaq is a great player but his body is the reason not really his talent


I couldn't disagree with this statement more. It's not his body, it's what he does with his body in the course of a basketball game whihc is talent.

He is not the most talented guy in the NBA, but he is one of the most talented players. He is not where he is because of his body. He is where he is because his mind knows how to use his body to be productive on a bball court = talent.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #35
Molson
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
31/7/7 at age 20/21 as the best player on his team. Franchise on his back since age 18. Oh and there's that whole first round of the playoffs thing. I like T-Mac though and I live in Houston but Lebron is the more talented player IMO.

This statement is as accurate as it gets.

(except him living in Houston which is, imo, a lie.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #36
disco
Great young streetballer
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
disco has no real reputation yet.
Default

^^^^
Agreed!

I think Lebron is probably the only player who has a shot at beating Kareem's record of MVP's. He is so good and so young. 6 mvp's is not out of question.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #37
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default

Shaquille being the most talented? CURRENTLY!?!!!!...in his prime I would never label the man the most talented. The guy has no range, can't hit FT's...because he has great foot work and agility for his size, does not make him the most talented...quit confusing talent with dominance, they don't necessarily go hand in hand.

As for the question, no idea...how can you prove it?

Kobe, LeBron, McGrady, Garnett, Iverson, Wade come to mind...
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #38
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Shaquille being the most talented? CURRENTLY!?!!!!...in his prime I would never label the man the most talented. The guy has no range, can't hit FT's...because he has great foot work and agility for his size, does not make him the most talented...quit confusing talent with dominance, they don't necessarily go hand in hand.

As for the question, no idea...how can you prove it?

Kobe, LeBron, McGrady, Garnett, Iverson, Wade come to mind...
That's why Shaq is easily the most gifted speciman. You just contradicted yourself. Iverson? Are you freakin' kidding me?

Shaq can flat out impact even without being able to shoot mid range jumpers and free throws. He's been the game's best player just by being himself.

Ok, say that you have 2 kids. Both of them are extremely athletic. One is a 7 footer and another stands 6-6. You want to raise one of them a basketball player. Who would be your choice?

Anybody who thinks Kobe is more talented than Shaq deserves a smack in the mouth.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #39
allball
National High School Star
 
allball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Spring, TX (H-town)
Posts: 2,112
allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
This statement is as accurate as it gets.

(except him living in Houston which is, imo, a lie.

Sorry dude I was born and raised here.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #40
jan803
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 184
jan803 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
That's why Shaq is easily the most gifted speciman. You just contradicted yourself. Iverson? Are you freakin' kidding me?

Shaq can flat out impact even without being able to shoot mid range jumpers and free throws. He's been the game's best player just by being himself.

Ok, say that you have 2 kids. Both of them are extremely athletic. One is a 7 footer and another stands 6-6. You want to raise one of them a basketball player. Who would be your choice?

Anybody who thinks Kobe is more talented than Shaq deserves a smack in the mouth.

being 7'1 isn't talented, it's being physically gifted.

if that were the criteria of being an allstar, then what happened to shawn bradley? look, i'm the tallest guy in the gym. i'll dominate anyone i play with.

love yao, he's a great story. good center. but he doesn't look very good when guards can dunk over him.

so being bigger doesn't automatically translate into talent. particularly in this type of thread, shaq doesn't get props.

mj is considered by many as goat. naturally i think the other mj, magic is.

but the point being both these players are much smaller than shaq.

and you're going to tell me he's more talented than these two because he happened to be bigger than them. right...
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #41
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller
 
LakerzFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: StockTown
Posts: 206
LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.
Default

Top Three:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Allen Iverson
3. Tracy McGrady

Later:
1. Lebron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Kobe Bryant (Still in top while old)
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #42
Molson
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
Sorry dude I was born and raised here.

I was just kidding around man :)
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #43
Molson
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default

I can't see how anyone can't have Lebron as one of if not the most talented. What he did at 21, has never been done before. Not even by the guy consodered the most talented of all time.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #44
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,694
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
I can't see how anyone can't have Lebron as one of if not the most talented. What he did at 21, has never been done before. Not even by the guy consodered the most talented of all time.

Well, I do think LeBron is one of the most talented people in the L, although I think he's more of a second teir talent, and I don't think he's up there with the guys I mentioned before like Kobe, AI, KG, and TMac. He just hasn't had enough time to tune his skills yet, so he's using a lot more force and speed to get by guys, rather than using a lot of ballhandleing skills and such. It's quite possible that my interpretation of "talent" is wrong, but that's the way I see it.

And you keep talking about LeBron's age, but it really has nothing to do with this thread. I mean, the fact that the guy's made it this far at such a young age is really something, and if this thread was "most talented player for his age", than LeBron would win hands down, with a little heat from Wade as well. However, it's not. LeBron's age, as spectacular as it is, has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #45
Molson
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 354
Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well, I do think LeBron is one of the most talented people in the L, although I think he's more of a second teir talent, and I don't think he's up there with the guys I mentioned before like Kobe, AI, KG, and TMac. He just hasn't had enough time to tune his skills yet, so he's using a lot more force and speed to get by guys, rather than using a lot of ballhandleing skills and such. It's quite possible that my interpretation of "talent" is wrong, but that's the way I see it.

And you keep talking about LeBron's age, but it really has nothing to do with this thread. I mean, the fact that the guy's made it this far at such a young age is really something, and if this thread was "most talented player for his age", than LeBron would win hands down, with a little heat from Wade as well. However, it's not. LeBron's age, as spectacular as it is, has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Talent is defined as "natural abilities or qualities". Nobdy has more natural ability than Lebron. THAT"S why i keep mentioning what he does for his age because his talent will always be the same, but like you said, he needs to hone his talent. so once he does this i can;t imagine how scary he is given the fact that he is so young and hasn;t had the chance to hone his talent.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy