Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
$hotyme
Can barely lace up my sneakers

$hotyme has an OK reputation so far
Default NBA.Com's 1st Power Rankings of Season!

Houston is ranked 16th!! it says "They were 21-10 with both Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming last year and we like the addition of Battier."

I cant believe some teams that were ranked higher than us! Nets, Clippers, Wizards, Grizzlies, Hornets, Nuggets, Lakers, Magic,Cleveland etc etc. Every1 lost all respect for houston with our injuries. if we stay healthy, this season is gonna be a blast proving every1 wrong!
$hotyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

... I can understand Griz, Clips, Cavs, maybe even Wizards
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
kangaroostew

kangaroostew has an OK reputation so far

It does not matter. The Rockets need to prove they can stay healthy and win. If Yao tweeks his toe playing for China, then this team will be only slightly more competitive than last season. If TMac's back problem returns or if he turns into a jumpshooter with reduced hustle on either end, then they are good for less than 40 wins and an early trip home. Personally, I think they will stay healthy enough to win 45-49 and make the top 8 in the West. Making the playoffs is all that matters. WALK THE WALK or get off the court is the name of the game in the NBA.
kangaroostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far

i dont know why every1 lost respect 4 houston coz we they won 51 games in 04-05 with t-mac and yao playin so now if they stay healthy and battier contributes well they should look for somewhere in the reigon of 50-55 provided they stay healthy
if u dont believe me then at the end of the 04-05 season the prediction 4 05-06 was 56 wins!!!!
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
kangaroostew

kangaroostew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Rockets all the way
i dont know why every1 lost respect 4 houston coz we they won 51 games in 04-05 with t-mac and yao playin so now if they stay healthy and battier contributes well they should look for somewhere in the reigon of 50-55 provided they stay healthy
if u dont believe me then at the end of the 04-05 season the prediction 4 05-06 was 56 wins!!!!

Good post. I doubt they will reach 50 only because I do not expect Yao and TMac to stay healthy all season, and they have no one capable of playing major minutes at center when Yao sits for minutes or games. DM can play about 8 min per game regularly and 12 occasionally.
kangaroostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
RSSMOOTH

RSSMOOTH has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroostew
Good post. I doubt they will reach 50 only because I do not expect Yao and TMac to stay healthy all season, and they have no one capable of playing major minutes at center when Yao sits for minutes or games. DM can play about 8 min per game regularly and 12 occasionally.

Why don't you expect T-mac AND Yao not to stay healthy all season?A broken foot is not a major injury, I can see that T-mac might miss a few games but he has had almost an entire season to rest his back and rehab it. Another thing, prior to this season Yao is only missed like 1 game in his career. I have also noticed that Yao has reduced his foul problems towards the end of the year and will only improve, I feel that this improvment along with his conditioning program will allow him to play 36-38 minutes a game and Deke/Steve Novak(LOL) could fill in the rest of the minutes.
With the addition of Shane Battier we can compensate for any short term loss of Mcgrady. I see us easily winning 55 games.
Without the depth we have now we won 50+ games!
RSSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
RSSMOOTH

RSSMOOTH has an OK reputation so far

Another thing I have noticed about your words Kangaroostew
is that your words have a very pessimistic tone to them. You sound more like a doubter rather than a true fan. And don't say any Bull$hit about your words being logical because for the most part they are not. I am not trying to start trouble but all I read from your posts are that "Yao and T-mac can't stay healthy....Deke can't give us solid minutes...we need this...."

Miami won a championship with Alonzo as their backup and he can only give like 13 quality mins max. Yao plays more minutes than Shaq so that will compensate for the extra minutes Deke "cannont" provide.
RSSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:07 AM   #8
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

How can anyone understand the Clippers over us when we beat them both times when Mac and Yao were together?

That's all that matters.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I think 16 is a good spot for you guys. You have to prove you can stay healthy. I am still scratching my head over the draft day trade; I like Battier, I just think you should have kept Swift. Rudy Gay would not fit in with you guys, and you need to win now, so I can see how you would want to get Battier.

Quote:
How can anyone understand the Clippers over us when we beat them both times when Mac and Yao were together?

That's all that matters.

The Clips have more depth and are more of a team than you guys. They have Cuttino Mobley, Shaun Livingston, Sam Cassell, Corey Maggette, Yaroslav Korolev, Chris Kaman, and Elton Brand, while you guys have Yao, T-Mac, Battier, and Luther Head.

Quote:
Houston is ranked 16th!! it says "They were 21-10 with both Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming last year and we like the addition of Battier."

I cant believe some teams that were ranked higher than us! Nets, Clippers, Wizards, Grizzlies, Hornets, Nuggets, Lakers, Magic,Cleveland etc etc. Every1 lost all respect for houston with our injuries. if we stay healthy, this season is gonna be a blast proving every1 wrong!

Nets are higher b/c of Krstic, VC, RJ, and J-Kidd, Clippers I already explained up above, Wizards added depth this offseason, Grizzlies b/c of their draft, Hornets b/c of offseason AND draft, Nuggets I don't know why, Lakers b/c of young players growing up and Vlad Rad, Magic b/c of Dwight Howard/Darko/JJ/Jameer/Hedo Turkoglu, Cleveland b/c of LeBron/Shannon Brown, who I think is the next MAGIC JOHNSON.

Of those teams I think Washington, NJ, Memphis, NO/OKC, and Denver should be behind you guys.