Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default Amare dropped from Team USA

Hi Everyone,

First, let me say this is discussion is not about bashing Amare or the Suns... its more about talking about the balance of power in the Western conference and what to expect.

Amare is obviously still not ready to play, and its been over a year. So, it makes me wonder if he will ever come back. The guy had so much talent and was great to watch, but it should be interesting to see if he makes it back.

If he does not make it, I wonder if the Suns will be able to sustain the same level of competitiveness for our division next season. The Lakers, as well as other teams, may have a better chance than we anticipated.

Anyway, this is just food for thought.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,541
Default

They did it without him last year, but it might become a closer race. Also, don't forget that Kurt Thomas was injured during the 2nd half of last season and was the main reason for the Suns struggles during the 2nd half and in all 3 of their series during the playoffs. He was their best interior defender, and if he played Kwame, Lamar, Brand, Kaman, and Dirk wouldn't have done as well when he was gaurding them.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default

I hear Kurt Thomas is on the trading blocks.. is this true?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hi Everyone,

First, let me say this is discussion is not about bashing Amare or the Suns... its more about talking about the balance of power in the Western conference and what to expect.

Amare is obviously still not ready to play, and its been over a year. So, it makes me wonder if he will ever come back. The guy had so much talent and was great to watch, but it should be interesting to see if he makes it back.

If he does not make it, I wonder if the Suns will be able to sustain the same level of competitiveness for our division next season. The Lakers, as well as other teams, may have a better chance than we anticipated.

Anyway, this is just food for thought.

Nah, Amare will be fine. he had serious surgery that takes at least a year. he is doing fine and will be ready to rock. he wont be as good as he was for probably another season, but he will be good enuf to improve the Suns...unfortunately.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #5
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I hear Kurt Thomas is on the trading blocks.. is this true?



If he is, we might be able to do a nice little three-way with Pheonix and Cleveland with Kurt coming here, Gooden going to PHX, and we send someone to Cleveland.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #6
AIR SETH
Local High School Star
 
AIR SETH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Legendsville
Posts: 1,156
Default

Amare Stoudemire's injury has had some positives for him. He had to work on other areas of his game while he was recovering like his jump shot, free-throw shooting, and dribbling. Amare is now a much more rounded player and when he fully recovers from his surgery he will be an even better player.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
If he is, we might be able to do a nice little three-way with Pheonix and Cleveland with Kurt coming here, Gooden going to PHX, and we send someone to Cleveland.

Kurt Thomas sucks. I watched him plenty in NYC. He's the last thing the Laker's need...an extremely average PF/C.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #8
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?
 
The Italian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the Rasho Bandwagon
Posts: 2,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
Amare Stoudemire's injury has had some positives for him. He had to work on other areas of his game while he was recovering like his jump shot, free-throw shooting, and dribbling. Amare is now a much more rounded player and when he fully recovers from his surgery he will be an even better player.

Co-sign.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #9
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 248
Default I am....

co-signing the co-sign by the italian, and also stating that it is cool for us suns and laker fans to discuss something where we dont wanna cut out each others hearts....wow that was graphic...cool tho, for real
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
If he is, we might be able to do a nice little three-way with Pheonix and Cleveland with Kurt coming here, Gooden going to PHX, and we send someone to Cleveland.

I hear they want to do one w/ Seattle for Wilcox
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller
 
LakerzFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: StockTown
Posts: 206
Default

they can manage without him...

Go Turkey in The World Cup!!!!

Hedo Turkouglu, Mehmet Okur and Kaya Peker!
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default

Amare stoudemire had a surgery that has ruined most peoples careers.

Look at penny hardaway, allan houston, Zach Randolph (hes young too).

also J-Kidd.

I mean, if he doesnt play for Team USA he will not start out good at all in the season which is a double plus for us sincde lakers play them season opener.

I think he got slower which WILL mess up steve nash's game.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
traditionone
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 599
Default

Very few players can return to form after having microfracture surgery. I'm afraid to say that Amare will never fully recover. His best days may be behind him already. The same with Rashad McCants.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Amare stoudemire had a surgery that has ruined most peoples careers.

Look at penny hardaway, allan houston, Zach Randolph (hes young too).

also J-Kidd.

I mean, if he doesnt play for Team USA he will not start out good at all in the season which is a double plus for us sincde lakers play them season opener.

I think he got slower which WILL mess up steve nash's game.

I was thinking about that....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Amare stoudemire had a surgery that has ruined most peoples careers.

Look at penny hardaway, allan houston, Zach Randolph (hes young too).

also J-Kidd.

I mean, if he doesnt play for Team USA he will not start out good at all in the season which is a double plus for us sincde lakers play them season opener.

I think he got slower which WILL mess up steve nash's game.

n they just gave him that contract......
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy