Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default The Seattle/Toronto trade

i posted the trade idea on a Sonics message board mixed reviews

Quote:
Lewis
Ridnour
10th Pick

For

Villy
#1 Pick

Sonics Message Board.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Try posting this:

Mike James S&T + Villy + 1

Ridnour, Lewis and 10
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

I would take that trade anyday. We need a passing point- secondary to that of a centre.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

no deal...i dun see whats so good about Ridnour....i think hes was crap at oregon...and hes crap now..seatlle had 1 good season...and i remeber during the draft...everyone said "he has the worst defence they've ever seen"

plus as much as i like Lewis...i think CV has the potential to be just as good..if not better..i think CV has better D..and blocking and rebounding...and if improves his shot so its more consistant..he'll be just as good as Lewis
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #5
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

He plays better defence than he used to now that he's been in the league for a couple of years..he average. I think what most people are interested in is that he can run and gun as well can hit the open shot when open and can run the team better than James...he's like a poor mans Steve Nash. He gets people the ball in their sweet spot and when needed also can run the fast break.

Last edited by bonez26 : 06-09-2006 at 11:52 AM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
He plays better defence than he used to now that he's been in the legue for a couple of years..he average. I think what most people are interested in is that he can run and gun as well can hit the open shot when open and can run the team better than James...he's like a poor mans Steve Nash. He gets people the ball in their sweet spot and when needed also can run the fast break.

And that's exactly what the Raptors need.

Luke Ridnour or Brevin Knight are the perfect PG's for the Raps.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I agree that Luke and Brevin would be a perfect fit. I'm not hating on Charlie because he's one of my favorite players, but if the Raptors had a chance to get 2 Starters(an allstar and a potential allstar) for 1 potential allstar, I think they'd be wise to take it. Charlie might end up being better than Rashard, but he won't end up bein better than Rashard and Luke combined. With this trade they fill a need (PG) and perhaps take a small step forward (or at least stay the same) at the 3spot. Going down to #10 is farther than I'd like to see them go, but there are some decent big men down there (O'Bryant, Simmons, Williams, Armstrong) that could fill the whole at the 5 spot.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Cool

i don't really like this trade at all.

alllllll this for ridnour basically.

villanueva + the #1 overall pick is a HUGE package.

and what are we getting back? the 10th pick, ridnour, and shard lewis, who has already said he's opting out at the end of this season.

FORGET ABOUT IT

i'd CONSIDER this trade if we had the 5th pick.. but the 1st? nothing coming over in the package from seattle is worth the 1st overall pick BY ITSELF. not to mention we would lose the majority of our cap space by taking on shard + ridnour and only really giving back villa.

if im moving the #1 pick + a multi-talented bigman with huge upside, i want a superstar in return.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

Simply NOO..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

In this years draft you aren't going to get a superstar in return. Last years draft you probably wouldn't either. Next year may be different because of Oden, but thats the type of player it would take to get a superstar in return. The top of this years draft class (Aldridge, Bargnani, Morrison, Gay, Roy) haven't proved to be worthy of getting that type of trade done. I see what your saying about the Rashard Lewis opting out thing, but he said he would opt out if he was in Seattle. He doesn't like management there and needs a change of scenary, and Toronto would be a change, and he would be under better management. I'm not guarenteeing he'll stay but its not for sure he'll opt out if he came to Toronto either.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I don't know on this one it might be risky. Rashard is too "hot/cold" kind of player and Ridnour has his moments, but when he doesn't, he is never there when you need him to be. Stick with Villanueva. The best thing to do at this present time.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: