Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #481
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Quote:
You're an idiot. How many times do you want them to go deep. They went deep 5 times at least. There is only one time that I would have gone deep and that was the 2nd and short in the 2nd Q.

Boogaloo has a point here. They needed to get deep a little more in order to loosen up the defense. They got Welker over the middle alot, but the safeties were cheating down a little and the long ball is good remedy for teams that like to cheat up.. Moss is supposed to make you pay that...plus the Patriots have Stalworth too who has scorching speed....

But see Brady simply didnt have time...there was rarely enough time to get Moss deep... Giants defense is a hybrid of the eagles d so the blitzes come from all over and there is coverage in the secondary to Brady has to sit back there and wait a little....Welker helped...

The thing I kept thinking was that the Pats needed to run more screens..not those wide receiver screens... they needed middle screens to take advantage of the void left in the middle when the Giants were bring all that pressure....Welker was able to get there as much as you can expect from one receiver, but the running backs could have been used in the screen game... they used Kevin Faulk in that capacity some but the pressure was soo heavy, the patriots needed more of that stuff since they couldnt get deep enough times

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 02-04-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #482
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

NYG almost beat NE last time they played...this time? They beat them. NYG defense gopt in NE offense ass...i dont see how NE played conservative much when Tom Brady was sacked more times in that game than he has ever been all season long. Tom Brady wasnt knocked down, hurried in any of the 18 gms prior to last night. NYG D showed up like Eagles, Ravens except they limited the big play. Look at the Eagles and Ravens? Colts even...they lost because they gave up that big play. Heck the Giants loss was a direct result of giving up that long TD to Moss.

SB NYG limited the big play and got to Tom Brady and Eli didnt make 1 mistake ie turn the ball over. He made plays when it counted. NE couldnt go deep/hit the big play because Tom Brady didnt have 10 seconds to stand in the pocket and launch. Credit Spagnola with his agressive defensive scheme, dont fault NE because they didnt change much in how they attacked. You dont play conservative the last game of the season. It doesnt happen. NYG D dug in that ass, no homo.

Last edited by GOBB : 02-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #483
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Im not saying go deep dumbass. they were throwing 3-4 yards underneath too often. And then they try to go 50 yarders, but Brady din't have enuff time to throw.

They could have ran some slants for moss. throw it 10-20 yards. Their best receiver wasn't used until that fsecond last drive, and we see what happend.

The fumble (not toomer) were the Pats fell on the ball, but the refs gave the ball back to Giants was a disgracce. Giants player had the time to flip Pats player over and take the ball away from him. Refs din't blow the whistle. The Pats would have gotten the ball on giants 30 yard line.

I agree with Ryan

Moss routes take time which they didn't have
heck most of the time Brady didn't have time to dump it off.
a ten to 20 yard route requires protection.
Didn't matter what play they ran the Oline scked monkey balls
they didn't run or pass block
Matt Light was horrible Usi Omenyora owned him
BLAME THE OLINE THEY NEVER GOT OFF THE PLANE

They were predictable but that's what happens when you can't protect.
its not like we haven't faced dominant D-lines before either if you can handle Jacksonville and San Diego you should be able to handle the Giants.
we got pro bowl offensive line-man that sht was a disgrace!
Thats why after the game none off them were interviewed. They dodged reporters

and the fumble was our fault, he fell on it but didn't secure it. That happens all the time in every pile up. We lost, lets jus be classy bout it

Last edited by elz : 02-04-2008 at 01:34 PM.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #484
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Not taking anything away from Giants. Congrats.

but still pissed I din't get to see history. I still say Moss was under utilized. The could have ran him going to the middle in those quick slants when Blitz were coming.

The secondary of the Pats makes me want to puke. 3 chances to end the game. WTF

That fumble the Pats player did secure it for about 2 seconds. he was laying on top of it. No whistle. Then Giants came in and snuck his hands underneath and they flipped over.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #485
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

For everybody talking about how many close breaks the Giants won on their way to the victory (including the playoffs), THE PATS HAD MORE LUCKY BREAKS THAN ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ON THEIR WAY TO 18-0.

Everyone forget the Ravens game? Well, I guess it was like a 2 months ago. Should that win be cheapened too because of the 3 or 4 lucky breaks (in the last drive, no less) that Brady and the Patriots had?

In no big victory, or championship run, or historic regular season, can we separate luck and greatness. Every single team (with VERY few exceptions) that won had luck on their side. Should we cheapen basketball games because the ball bounced differently than it could have? "WELL, IF THE DEFENDER HAD PICKED UP THE BALL AFTER SWATTING IT AWAY, HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE GAME WINNING SHOT! IT DOESN'T COUNT!" Get real.

Last edited by raid09 : 02-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #486
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Not taking anything away from Giants. Congrats.

but still pissed I din't get to see history. I still say Moss was under utilized. The could have ran him going to the middle in those quick slants when Blitz were coming.

The secondary of the Pats makes me want to puke. 3 chances to end the game. WTF

That fumble the Pats player did secure it for about 2 seconds. he was laying on top of it. No whistle. Then Giants came in and snuck his hands underneath and they flipped over.

Look man
if we don't man up bout it
we give in to all these lil btches that don't do sht but hate! on the pats every chance they get and we end up looking like bitter lil btches.
So give the Giants props fam they kicked our a$$
most teams aren't that loaded on defense to shuffle line man like they did all game to give constant pressure. Sht was genius
we got 3, lets not be bitter

Moss was under utilized but blame the O-line for not doing their job
blame Belicheck for not doubling Plax and leaving Hobbs on him in single coverage!
and no pile ever gets broken up immediately
we stripped Eli when he fumbled and Wilfork had it.
We've had our share of plays go in our favor, too. Sht happens
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #487
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
For everybody talking about how many close breaks the Giants won on their way to the victory (including the playoffs), THE PATS HAD MORE LUCKY BREAKS THAN ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ON THEIR WAY TO 18-0.

Everyone forget the Ravens game? Well I guess it was like a 2 months ago. Should that win be cheapened too because of the 3 or 4 lucky breaks (in the last drive, no less), that Brady and the Patriots have?

No big victory, or championship run, or historic regular season, can we separate luck and greatness. Every single team (with VERY few exceptions) that won had luck on their side. Should we cheapen basketball games because the ball bounced differently than it could have? "WELL, IF THE DEFENDER HAD PICKED UP THE BALL AFTER SWATTING IT AWAY, HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE GAME WINNING SHOT!" Get real.

?

Im not complaining, im just saying that was a big play for the Giants.

The blame for Pats is the Defense, most notably secondary. For all the problems pats were having on Offense, they still had the lead after that awesome drive by Brady and co.. Then seocndary *****ed it up by blowing three chances for an INt.

The d- coaches should get blamed also. Why wasn't plex doubled, or atleast help to cheat on that last play. Pretty ovbious they were gonna throw it to the corner. Thats like standard goal line play when you have a 6-5 receiver
going up against a shorter CB on the goal line.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #488
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation

I believe that Maddox said that the difference between sounding like an idiot and not is 7/16 of an inch. This clearly does not apply to you.

I don't think anyone here is trying to cheapen the Giants win. They earned the breaks they got. It happens it was a good game.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #489
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Moss is not an 'over the middle type guy'... He does not enjoy going across the middle... I saw him catch at least one in route, but Moss isnt the guy for the middle of the field...Thats why I always liked TO a bit more, because he will run all the routes..Moss has incredible speed (you see him switch gears and split two Dbs running the field for the football?) but he doesnt thrive over the middle, where TO does and he has good speed down the field (not Moss speed but good speed)

Welker was great though... I just think they should have run more screen plays and draws... you know plays to slow down the pass rush and make the Defensive line have to think before every play instead of being able to pin their ears back and swarm Brady
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #490
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
Look man
if we don't man up bout it
we give in to all these lil btches that don't do sht but hate! on the pats every chance they get and we end up looking like bitter lil btches.
So give the Giants props fam they kicked our a$$
most teams aren't that loaded on defense to shuffle line man like they did all game to give constant pressure. Sht was genius
we got 3, lets not be bitter

Moss was under utilized but blame the O-line for not doing their job
blame Belicheck for not doubling Plax and leaving Hobbs on him in single coverage!
and no pile ever gets broken up immediately
we stripped Eli when he fumbled and Wilfork had it.
We've had our share of plays go in our favor, too. Sht happens

I did congratulate the Giants. Their defense was the big difference.

But to me it felt more like Pats gave the game away. They were up with a minute to go. had three chances to end it. It took a miracle play to beat them. thats why i'm bitter.

but hey CONGRATS GIANTS FANS. you guys played prepared and were not intimidated. see you next season.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #491
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Moss is not an 'over the middle type guy'... He does not enjoy going across the middle... I saw him catch at least one in route, but Moss isnt the guy for the middle of the field...Thats why I always liked TO a bit more, because he will run all the routes..Moss has incredible speed (you see him switch gears and split two Dbs running the field for the football?) but he doesnt thrive over the middle, where TO does and he has good speed down the field (not Moss speed but good speed)

Welker was great though... I just think they should have run more screen plays and draws... you know plays to slow down the pass rush and make the Defensive line have to think before every play instead of being able to pin their ears back and swarm Brady

he may not like it, but he made two big catches up the middle when they were driving for that TD, and both times he got hammered.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #492
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Im not complaining, im just saying that was a big play for the Giants.

The blame for Pats is the Defense, most notably secondary. For all the problems pats were having on Offense, they still had the lead after that awesome drive by Brady and co.. Then seocndary *****ed it up by blowing three chances for an INt.

The d- coaches should get blamed also. Why wasn't plex doubled, or atleast help to cheat on that last play. Pretty ovbious they were gonna throw it to the corner. Thats like standard goal line play when you have a 6-5 receiver
going up against a shorter CB on the goal line.

I wasn't targeting you.

No way Hobbs could have made that play. Even if he stuck him better, Eli could have just tossed it higher out of Hobbs' reach. Would have been a harder throw and catch (i.e., not one I could do 10/10 times), but not to hard.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #493
Boogaloo

Quote:
I wasn't targeting you.

No way Hobbs could have made that play. Even if he stuck him better, Eli could have just tossed it higher out of Hobbs' reach. Would have been a harder throw and catch (i.e., not one I could do 10/10 times), but not to hard.

Thats why there should have been a safet cheating over on that side. But I guess they were keeping the LB up front because they were afraid of the run.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #494
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I just think they should have run more screen plays and draws... you know plays to slow down the pass rush and make the Defensive line have to think before every play instead of being able to pin their ears back and swarm Brady

Are you serious? Almost every catch Welker or Faulk caught was a screen. It seemed like they ran a screen for every 3 plays they called last night..
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #495
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
I wasn't targeting you.

The Irony is we made the same dumb mistake the Giant just made when they single covered Moss!!!
Eli said after the game the entire time they was gonna go to Plaxico but he was waiting for the blitz soon as he saw it coming he flea flicked it. Plax spun Hobbs around easy six pts

1st why Asante wasn't on I don't know! why he wasn't doubled is just stupid
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: