Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #496
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation
Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Giants d played up to the challenge, but Pats still were able to drive and score and take the lead with one minute to go. despite the tremendous beating Brady took game he still led them down the field to score. I just wish Moss had more plays for him, because it was evident when moss started getting those quick slants over the middle, giants d was forced to lay off some preassure. that second last drive Brady did not hit the deck.

Giants D came to play. NE secondary blew it for the team.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #497
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Quote:
Are you serious? Almost every catch Welker or Faulk caught was a screen. It seemed like they ran a screen for every 3 plays they called last night.

Im not talking about WR screens.. those plays work against DBs who play off of the receiver... WR screens can get you 8-9 yds a clip when done right because the corners are playing off the line and you catch and run pretty easily (especially with a guy like Stalworth or Moss)...

And Welker caught mostly slants. I saw Stalworth and moss get a WR screen

Im talking about about RB screens to make the Defensive line have to think about what is going on instead being able to focus exclusively on getting up the field into Brady face. They got Faulk in the middle a bit which is good, but they didnt make the Giants D line stay honest... A draw play here and there would have kept the Giants thinking... More screens aimed at the D linemen would have helped...

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 02-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #498
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you look at the replay...Hobbs was cheating and he was thinkin (like me) Plax was going inside over the middle towards the endzone. And when i watch the replay? NE didnt have a Safety slide over to cover the middle. Wtf was that about? Only CB you leave on an island is Samuel...not Hobbs. You give Hobbs Safety help inside and Hobbs plays the fade route. But 1 on 1? He got juked, bit and thats all she wrote.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #499
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At least Hobbs didn't hide from the media afterwards. He took his medicine like a man.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #500
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If you look at the replay...Hobbs was cheating and he was thinkin (like me) Plax was going inside over the middle towards the endzone. And when i watch the replay? NE didnt have a Safety slide over to cover the middle. Wtf was that about? Only CB you leave on an island is Samuel...not Hobbs. You give Hobbs Safety help inside and Hobbs plays the fade route. But 1 on 1? He got juked, bit and thats all she wrote.

Gobb you make money? I had the under big. But i got greedy and took NE second half to cover 7 pts. still on top but not as much as I would have liked if I dint play the second half.

Brady is officially under Montana as GOAT. Until he goes perfect again and wins superbowl or he wins 2-3 more times. that second last drive was awesome. If they would have one he would have been greatest with that drive putting him over the top.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #501
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
At least Hobbs didn't hide from the media afterwards. He took his medicine like a man.

I was too pissed to watch after game. what did he say? what did bellichek say?

who was MVP? Please not Manning
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #502
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Right

Also there was alot of guys running free out there.....You mentioned how Plax faded his guy, but Im wondering, If you are gonna be dumb enough to single cover Plaxico in the spot where he could hurt you most, why not play up on him and at least try and get your hands on Plaxico so he doesnt beat you quite soo bad... He reminded me of Harold Carmichel out there.... #17
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #503
Doctor Zizmor
Great young streetballer

Doctor Zizmor has an OK reputation so far

I dont mean to kick him when he's down, but did richard seymour account for his words to the well dressed one after the pats scored the go ahead td?
Doctor Zizmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #504
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Gobb you make money? I had the under big. But i got greedy and took NE second half to cover 7 pts. still on top but not as much as I would have liked if I dint play the second half.

Brady is officially under Montana as GOAT. Until he goes perfect again and wins superbowl or he wins 2-3 more times. that second last drive was awesome. If they would have one he would have been greatest with that drive putting him over the top.

Yeah i had the NYG at -12. Didnt touch much this postseason. Probably mess with NBA playoffs but other than that? Might just go into hibernation for the time being.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #505
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
I was too pissed to watch after game. what did he say? what did bellichek say?

who was MVP? Please not Manning

Manning was the MVP. I think he was the only possible choice. Sort of like Chauncey winning the finals MVP in 2004. The WHOLE d-line deserved it, but they all played great. Singling out one would have been unfair, and nearly impossible. Plus, Manning did hit the game-winning drive.

Belichick looked like he just saw the cameraman eat his kids, or like he was about to throw up. You pick. I didn't see Hobbs.

One thing is: can't blame this it on Hobbs. Coaches deciding to put Hobbs on Plax on an island at the 13 yard line with no safety help? I wouldn't even put Asante on an island with Plax in that situation, let alone Hobbs. It's like asking Bowen to create and make the game winning shot for game 7 of the finals and then blaming him.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #506
Doctor Zizmor
Great young streetballer

Doctor Zizmor has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yeah i had the NYG at -12. Didnt touch much this postseason. Probably mess with NBA playoffs but other than that? Might just go into hibernation for the time being.
I took the Giants on the money line for $1000 with 2 different bookies.....I'll be getting paid $7800 on Thursday. I dont know how anyone could throw at least 100 bucks down on the giants on the money line...I mean come, at 390??? I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday...and in this case I did cha ching
Doctor Zizmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #507
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Speaking of Brady missing throws, what the hell was with the pass he threw way over Wes Welker's head, and then he started b*tching at Welker. What the hell route did he expect him to run that would have given him a 72" vertical?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #508
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation

Now I'm listening to John Gambodoro who obviously hates the Patriots with a passion questioning whether the Patriots are done next year.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #509
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

congatulations Giants fans
you earned it

One heck of a Superbowl. Manning showed he's nails.

I gotta give it up to Belichick - he went over to shake Coughlin's hand, AND told the official to forget the remaining second (you could see him talking to the official). It was only when the stupid officials made them hike the ball again that he was already off the field.

The official (who's the same one who threw some bad calls against the Cardinals this year) shouldn't be in the job any more - when the other coach says "forget it", then ya forget it.

The play where they had Manning and he got away and completed that pass won the Super Bowl for the Giants. That play will haunt the Pats players and me for awhile. Manning stepped into a new echelon last night.

The Pack game should have told the Pats something. And that something was that they needed to prepare and practice like they had never done before. And the way the game was played makes me believe that the NYG took the preparation for the game far more seriously than the NEP.

The ending was intense. It could have went either way. The Giants played outstanding defense, kept the game close and made a few unbelievable catches in order to come away with the Victory. I knew they could do it after what happened in week 17, but actually doing it was something to watch. It was a great Superbowl. The Patriots are still one of the best all time NFL teams in history, but the Giants made a mark in NFL history of their own. Little Manning, it couldn't have ended any sweeter after the Colts were knocked out. Great job to both teams for putting on a great Superbowl game. Now, the dreaded off-season.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #510
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Patriots will be back next year.

I don't know about making the superbowl but it will be them or the Colts battling it out I think. Chargers got lucky against the Colts.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: