Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #511
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Patriots will win by at least two touchdowns. At first I thought it would be close but the more I think about it, its Patriots all the way. Especially since the roof is gonna be closed which means slicker fields and a tougher time for the Giants DEs.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #512
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: SUPERBOWL XLII Game Thread: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I am barely looking forward to this game...

I predict a blow out

the first time they played the Pats had some seriously mishaps early on and it made the game seem closer than it really was...

Pats : 38

Giants : 17

Dallas fans...
Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #513
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
The Patriots are the best team ever.There going to go 19-0 ARE YOU KIDDING ME?In this day and age with free agency and cap space thats incredible.When the Dolphins did it there team stayed together for 8 years i heard.This team practically got set-up this year.19-0 HISTORY IS BEING MADE TOMORROW NIGHT.

BTW *** the jealous haters around the world involving spy-gate.Its a disgrace to bring that up during Super Bowl Sunday week.They got caught in Week 1 and they didn't lose 1 friggin game since.Face it media this team is THAT good.Belicheck is the best coach ever.

where you at?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #514
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
1 hour away from HISTORY.

This is the game that you will tell your grandkids that once upon a time there was a perfect team.
Just like your grandaddy told you about Murderer's row the Fav Five,Broad street bullies or Bad Boys. This team will mecome legendary in sports history. 07 Pats. Perfection
Pats 35-17

Bro, you've been saying the Giants were going to lose since Tampa Bay, Leave the board.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patz by 25.

End of story.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #515
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Why did Justin Tuck not win Super Bowl MVP? the NFL is QB biased, I hate it.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #516
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Why did Justin Tuck not win Super Bowl MVP? the NFL is QB biased, I hate it.

Tuck had 2 sacks, 6 tackles and Knocked Brady on his ass numerous of times but it had to go to Eli man come on.

The Defense was the real MVP but Eli was trailing by 4 with 2 minutes left and drove the ball over 80 yards on one of the best defense in the league while at the same time being in the superbowl with crazy pressure. He silenced the critics and he had to scored a TD not a field goal.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #517
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I thought it should have been Tuck too, but I understand Eli winning it...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #518
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
congatulations Giants fans
you earned it

One heck of a Superbowl. Manning showed he's nails.

I gotta give it up to Belichick - he went over to shake Coughlin's hand, AND told the official to forget the remaining second (you could see him talking to the official). It was only when the stupid officials made them hike the ball again that he was already off the field.

The official (who's the same one who threw some bad calls against the Cardinals this year) shouldn't be in the job any more - when the other coach says "forget it", then ya forget it.

The play where they had Manning and he got away and completed that pass won the Super Bowl for the Giants. That play will haunt the Pats players and me for awhile. Manning stepped into a new echelon last night.

The Pack game should have told the Pats something. And that something was that they needed to prepare and practice like they had never done before. And the way the game was played makes me believe that the NYG took the preparation for the game far more seriously than the NEP.

The ending was intense. It could have went either way. The Giants played outstanding defense, kept the game close and made a few unbelievable catches in order to come away with the Victory. I knew they could do it after what happened in week 17, but actually doing it was something to watch. It was a great Superbowl. The Patriots are still one of the best all time NFL teams in history, but the Giants made a mark in NFL history of their own. Little Manning, it couldn't have ended any sweeter after the Colts were knocked out. Great job to both teams for putting on a great Superbowl game. Now, the dreaded off-season.

What the hell are you talking about? The ref should lose his job for following the NFL RULEBOOK? There was no question that the last second had to be run off the clock.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #519
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
What the hell are you talking about? The ref should lose his job for following the NFL RULEBOOK? There was no question that the last second had to be run off the clock.
with belichick you follow all the rules... you leave that last second on the clock and the pats will be lodging a protest with the league offices monday for an incomplete game and they want a rematch...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #520
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did anyone else get the feeling that the Giants knew New England's snap count? I'm not trying to imply they were cheating, but I think New England could of definitely caught them offside a few more times if they used the hard count. And the thing I noticed is when the Patriots drove down the field Brady had more time to throw the ball because they were going on that longer count.

Did anyone else notice that or is just me?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #521
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I thought it should have been Tuck too, but I understand Eli winning it...

They should of just given it to the whole Giants defensive lineman.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #522
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

I wrote this re-cap after the Super Bowl. It's different from everything else that I've read in the post-game overload. Let me know what you think.

New York Earns Giant Upset
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #523
liverandonions
HERD is the WORD

liverandonions has decent reputation

who won?
liverandonions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #524
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
I gotta give it up to Belichick - he went over to shake Coughlin's hand, AND told the official to forget the remaining second (you could see him talking to the official). It was only when the stupid officials made them hike the ball again that he was already off the field.

You don't think opposing coaches wanted to throw the towel when facing the patriots this year? They all took it like a man and played until the game was officially over.

Belichick is a chump and should of turned around when he knew there was time remaining, who the fk is he to tell the official when to end the game?

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 02-05-2008 at 01:20 AM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #525
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Many of the recent teams (the past 6 I believe, but don't quote me on it), that lost the super bowl have failed to make the playoffs the next season. I just can't see that happening with New England. I do wonder what the "hangover" effect will be, though. I can't help but wonder if they will replace some of the older guys with flashy, big-name free agents? I think that would be a mistake. I could almost see this team turning into a New York Yankees of the NFL, of sorts. They will perhaps start throwing around a lot of cash to guys with big names, but may not necessarily fit into the team concept (though NFL is different and the big names the Pats got this past off season fit in just fine).
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: