Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far
Default D-Miles Still On Zeke's Radar

On *********

Portland and New York had a deal in the works that would have send Q to the Blazers and D-Miles to the Knicks straight up. The deal died down because Isiah was pursuing F Jared Jeffries. If the Wizards match the offer the deal may be back in the works. Your thoughts?

IDK about this trade. D-Miles is better at defense and more athletic. But Q can shoot the 3 better. Plus, D-Miles has a reputation of having a bad attitude.

Would you want to do this trade? Who would you rather have?

Last edited by HKSVIP : 08-04-2006 at 10:57 AM.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

We dont need Miles either. We're fine at SF, we have David Lee, QRich, J Rose, and M Rose. Why does Isiah feel the need to **** with our roster? Did he get bored or something, and couldnt find anything better to do? We dont need Miles's attitude and ego on this team, nor do we need to make any moves right now.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
If i should choose between d-miles and q-rich..right now the knicks might need better and more athletic defender like d-miles (and jeffries). Also Miles can play more closer to the basket and can also drive to the basket much better than Q..and knicks have already steady 3 point shooters so they would not need Q. But if i would be Thomas, i would not trade for new players, just try to get the chemistry right, cause the knicks already have young and old talent!
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
=Finn T-Mac]If i should choose between d-miles and q-rich..right now the knicks might need better and more athletic defender like d-miles (and jeffries). Also Miles can play more closer to the basket and can also drive to the basket much better than Q..and knicks have already steady 3 point shooters so they would not need Q. But if i would be Thomas, i would not trade for new players, just try to get the chemistry right, cause the knicks already have young and old talent!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

hey shafir, Malik Rose and David Lee are PF's. Just because gaylord Larry Brown put them at SF doesnt mean thats they're real position. Thats like saying Eddy Curry is a PF because Larry Brown played him there for a game.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

this make no sense. darius miles is a good player but i dont feel he played up to his potential. and plus the knicks got to much small fowards. and the knicks might add jared jeffries. this make no sense.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
this make no sense. darius miles is a good player but i dont feel he played up to his potential. and plus the knicks got to much small fowards. and the knicks might add jared jeffries. this make no sense.
Brooklyn, Zeke wanting D-Miles is a backup plan if the Wizards match the offer sheet of Jeffries, which I think they will. We will be giving up Q for D-Miles straight up. they both have basically the same contract. The same amount of years and the same amount of money.

IMO I'd rather have Q because he can shoot better and is an OK defender. If Q is healthy he can drive into the lane and his post game is alive he just never uses it.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
Big C
I brick open layups

Big C has an OK reputation so far

Miles would be a good addition. At of all the sf forwards we have he plays the best defense. Miles one of the best defensive sf's in the league. He also has a solid post game.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
brooklynchild155

yea miles is a good player but we need more guys who are goin to do the dirty work, do the little things to win like balkman and lee. when miles is on the court hes goin to want the ball and we got to much players like that.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

He is a good player, but when will Zeke finally allow the players to get to know eachother, and for some chemistry to develop? You cant have a winning team if all you do is trade.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
brooklynchild155

i agree 100 %. i have been sayin that for last few years. and the thing about it is he won championships so he should no that. cause the year before last year i dont think it was that bad. the year they won 33 games they couldve easily won like 45 games they lost a lot of close games. but isiah added like 10 new players the next year. u cant do that and the record showed.

Last edited by brooklynchild155 : 08-05-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #12
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i agree 100 %. i have been sayin that for last few years. and the thing about it is he won championships so he should no that. cause the year before last year i dont think it was that bad. the year they won 33 games they couldve easily won like 45 games they lost a lot of close games. but isiah added like 10 new players the next year. u cant do that and the record showed.

Very true. However Miles would be a better fit than Q who still has a major back issue.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 AM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
We dont need Miles either. We're fine at SF, we have David Lee, QRich, J Rose, and M Rose. Why does Isiah feel the need to **** with our roster? Did he get bored or something, and couldnt find anything better to do? We dont need Miles's attitude and ego on this team, nor do we need to make any moves right now.
Miles would be a good addition. Malik Rose is better at PF. David Lee is good at SF, but Jalen Rose's position is SG.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #14
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Miles would be a good addition. Malik Rose is better at PF. David Lee is good at SF, but Jalen Rose's position is SG.

I don't Malik should get pt at all. He does not really bring anything to the table offensively and defensively he got exposed last season.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
I don't Malik should get pt at all. He does not really bring anything to the table offensively and defensively he got exposed last season.

i hope malik and mo taylor dont even touch the floor besides warmups
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: