Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 02-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Deadline Deals

What kind of deals do you think we could get done before the deadline, well better yet, what deals do you think should be done?

I want Troy Murphy out. So here's a few deals...

Dallas Trades

Erick Dampier

Indiana Trades

Troy Murphy

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...6~11&te=&cash=

I like Dampier back in a Pacers uni, he could give us some hard work and hustle down low.

Seattle Trades

Wally Szczerbiak
Delonte West

Indiana Trades

Marquis Daniels
Troy Murphy

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

We get Delonte West who can be big for us, and we also get Wally who comes off the books 2 years less than Murph.

Minnesota Trades

Antoine Walker

Indiana Trades

Troy Murphy

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...6~11&te=&cash=

Kind of a fun idea that 'Toine could re-unite with OB, who he had his best years with. Maybe he has a resurgence in Indiana, Dunleavy has...

Memphis Trades

Hakim Warrick
Mike Miller
Brian Cardinal
Kyle Lowry

Indiana Trades

Troy Murphy
Kareem Rush
Marquis Daniels
Ike Diogu

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

A bit unrealistic, or is it? We give up Diogu in this deal, but we also get the young prospect of Lowry. We get a lot deeper with the addition of Mike Miller who would fit in perfectly as our 6th man. Warrick would also be a good, athletic addition to our lineup. I know the Grizz are looking to get rid of Cardinal and are also trying to thin their PG rotation and deal Lowry, so I think they would be all for Diogu going with their youth movement. We lose Rush, but he is probably leaving this summer anyway. Daniels is expendable since we get Miller.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deadline Deals

Where is everyone?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

keep wally world and 'toine far away from the pacers. i don't want them even selling popcorn and souveneirs in the conseco fieldhouse.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
keep wally world and 'toine far away from the pacers. i don't want them even selling popcorn and souveneirs in the conseco fieldhouse.
Wally expires in two years though, compared to Murph's 4 years.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

i wouldnt mind Wally at all...hes a good shooter and his contract comes off the books in 2 years. Dampier wouldnt be that bad either, solid rebounder and defender, thats something we really need. Though Foster has both of those, he has back problems if given too many mins
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

murphy isn't going anywhere, let's just face it. the only way to move him would be in a monumental trade involving o'neal, whose own salary is sky high and whose trade value is low. the best thing to do is have o'brien kick him in the butt to play in the paint.

i don't see anyone getting traded from indy really, at least in a trade that would matter much. sean williams could have a bit of trade bait in him possibly.

i actually agree w/ dampier. he's got to be more reliable than our resident rastafarian harrison.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Wally would really be a big help for the Pacers, and he isn't in Seattle's future plans anyway. His value is down, so there's a chance that they might accept that deal.

Dampier is a quality veteran who can rebound well, and Murphy can go to Dallas and use his shooting capabilities by spelling Dirk. I think Indiana could use a good, hardworking veteran. When they had Anthony Johnson, he was able to have some very good games and was a leader. Maybe Dampier can have a similar role.

Walker is a 'meh' for me. He has the same contract length as Murphy, he's older, and he's slower. I don't think I want him, and I don't see him having a career resurgance.

Memphis actually might do the last deal, since they seem set with being young an inadequate.

I see 2/4 of your deals having a nice shot at happening, and then the Memphis deal comes in third; I just don't see them ****ing up three times in a row, though wouldn't be surprised, and I don't think Indiana is the destination for the players they want to trade. Walker is a definite no, since he's old and will be nothing more than a good role player with maybe the occasional scoring outburst when he's hot one night.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Wally would really be a big help for the Pacers, and he isn't in Seattle's future plans anyway. His value is down, so there's a chance that they might accept that deal.

Dampier is a quality veteran who can rebound well, and Murphy can go to Dallas and use his shooting capabilities by spelling Dirk. I think Indiana could use a good, hardworking veteran. When they had Anthony Johnson, he was able to have some very good games and was a leader. Maybe Dampier can have a similar role.

Walker is a 'meh' for me. He has the same contract length as Murphy, he's older, and he's slower. I don't think I want him, and I don't see him having a career resurgance.

Memphis actually might do the last deal, since they seem set with being young an inadequate.

I see 2/4 of your deals having a nice shot at happening, and then the Memphis deal comes in third; I just don't see them ****ing up three times in a row, though wouldn't be surprised, and I don't think Indiana is the destination for the players they want to trade. Walker is a definite no, since he's old and will be nothing more than a good role player with maybe the occasional scoring outburst when he's hot one night.

nice post, big3.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
nice post, big3.

Yeah, I could show you 1710 others, not counting the Marny account.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
nice post, big3.
He is incredibly knowledgable for a young dude. I've seen 95% of his posts, so I definately know. He cleans up at the SA and ATL forums.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

I personally like the Seattle and Dalls trades, I think those are two very possible deals, IMO. The T-Wolves one is really just a joke, and I don't think Memphis would take on Murphy, even though we take Cardinal. *sigh* I guess I'll just go back to fantasizing about the day Murphy is gone, he's unmovable.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

what about us acquiring mike miller? great outside shooter that our offense pretty much caters to. trading murphy would open up granger to start at the 4 spot. i like him there, he's an excellent blocker.

cardinal needs to stay where he's at though MEM is probably gonna attach him to any major trade idea like you said.

Last edited by jbot : 02-07-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

I honestly don't think that Memphis would take Murphy's contract no matter if Cardinal was attached or not. They're going in a completely different direction, they're cutting long-term salary completely, and only taking expring contracts in return. Murphy has 4 years left on his deal, and making close to 50 mil during that time, so I honestly think him going to Memphis is a no now. They might be interested in Dunleavy but I think Dunleavy > Miller.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

too bad the nba isn't affliliated w/ any overseas teams or leagues. we could ship his butt over there for someone. :)
Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
too bad the nba isn't affliliated w/ any overseas teams or leagues. we could ship his butt over there for someone. :)
That really is an intriguing thought you bring up there. Or, each NBA team gets a European affiliate, and we can mix and match from there. Just an idea, but I like it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: