Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mike Miller a possibilty

Quote:
Cavs lack trade assets, but may pursue Grizzlies Miller

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 12:29 pm EST
Mike Miller

Cleveland Cavaliers General manager Danny Ferry has been very active in recent weeks trying to put together a deal. However, he made a failed pitch for Memphis Grizzlies forward Pau Gasol, who was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, just as he made an offer for Kevin Garnett before he was moved to the Boston Celtics last summer.

Ferry has also been in discussions with the Sacramento Kings about point guard Mike Bibby and with the New Jersey Nets about point guard Jason Kidd. But the circumstances remain the same: Ferry does not have many tradable assets. Teams at this time of year want expiring contracts, and the largest one the Cavs have belongs to Ira Newble at $3.4 million.

But Ferry is expected to continue to try to push through a deal before the trade deadline in three weeks. He might turn his sights to another Grizzly, shooting guard Mike Miller.

Source: Beacon Journal

eh. havin mike miller would be better than having larry hughes, but considering there is no way in hell memphis would take him, we probably would need to find a third team.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mike Miller a possibilty

Miller would be a good fit for the cavs. Is Ira's expiring contract enough to get him?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Miller would be a good fit for the cavs. Is Ira's expiring contract enough to get him?

Yes
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
it would have to be like Ira coupled with either Sasha, Damon Jones
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you add a first rounder too I am sure Memphis would jump on it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Seeing how big of a difference Daniel Gibson made to the team by hitting 3's in the playoffs, I can only imagine what another, even better, shooter could do for this offense.

Go for it, guys.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I'm not getting excited over any of this hypothetical crap. There have been Mike Bibby trade rumors (and still are, I wish people would stop this $hit) for well over a year now, Jason Kidd rumors, and I think I even read a report that Ferry tried to get Gasol?

When something happens, I'll assess the damage, but I'm not going to get excited over a rumor like some 12 year old idiot starting a trade scenario thread.

It constantly amazes me the number of idiots on this board who think they can be an NBA GM, like you can just pull the trigger and trade people like this is 2k8 or something.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
it would have to be like Ira coupled with either Sasha, Damon Jones

lol you guys should just give damon jones away or sell him to some kid on the street for a few bucks...i'm a kings fan, but i really enjoy watching the cavs usually - every game i have seen them play makes me sad whenever i see damon jones playing. sucks at moving without the ball and his 3pt "specialty" shooting seems to rarely be special...if you can get mike miller for jones and an expiring, do it heh
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Miller would be a good fit, as long as they don't give up Z, Gooden, Gibson at least. I know when Miller first came into the leage with the Magic he was primarely a shooter, can he cut to the basket more now or not? I don't know since I don't watch Memphis games. LOL
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #10
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

mike miller? Sweet. What good will he do us? Anyone that can supposedly shoot with a high percentage whatsoever comes to cleveland and sucks.

Yeah.. sweet talk about Jason Kidd. I knew that would never happen. I agree with mathius a hundred percent. People just don't want Larry Hughes or Gooden or JOnes. They are overpaid pieces of garbage. There's no way we get anything close to a superstar unless we trade away Z or Sasha or them both, with picks or something. Wow.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
mike miller? Sweet. What good will he do us? Anyone that can supposedly shoot with a high percentage whatsoever comes to cleveland and sucks.

Yeah.. sweet talk about Jason Kidd. I knew that would never happen. I agree with mathius a hundred percent. People just don't want Larry Hughes or Gooden or JOnes. They are overpaid pieces of garbage. There's no way we get anything close to a superstar unless we trade away Z or Sasha or them both, with picks or something. Wow.

Where the hell have you been?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Where the hell have you been?

Mathius

My internet's been down but I'm back in action.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: