Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default Who will be playing?

With our god-awful roster? I need it for 2k8. Would it be......

Darko - 35 mpg??
Gay - 37
Miller - 38
Navarro - 35
Conley - 35
Lowry - 13
Warrick - 23
Kwame - ????????
Jacobsen - 12??

Will Critt get to play significant minutes this season? How about collins? I guess Kwamays d and rebounding is > collin's d. Hopefully they won't make any fgas

edit: Forgot about Hakim. Can he still play the 3 effectively?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: Who will be playing?

Hard to say. I don't have a clear idea about the role Critt will play. Maybe coach I will try him in the SG spot, considering that Miller could be in his way out and Navarro is FA (restricted?) next summer. Personally, I would try a starting lineup with Kwame in the C and Darko as PF. Then Hakim coming off the bench and Gay moving to PF if they go small with all the gunners in court. But I bet Iavaroni will go directly to the small lineup with Rudy in the PF. Your mpg numbers could be ok for that. Hopefully Javaris will take Casey minutes. I don't know what will be the role of McKie either.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Hard to say. I don't have a clear idea about the role Critt will play. Maybe coach I will try him in the SG spot, considering that Miller could be in his way out and Navarro is FA (restricted?) next summer. Personally, I would try a starting lineup with Kwame in the C and Darko as PF. Then Hakim coming off the bench and Gay moving to PF if they go small with all the gunners in court. But I bet Iavaroni will go directly to the small lineup with Rudy in the PF. Your mpg numbers could be ok for that. Hopefully Javaris will take Casey minutes. I don't know what will be the role of McKie either.

You're right. If we want to run then you need to stop the ball first. IMO either Darko or Kwame should always be on the floor. Not at the same time though. They can both block shots and rebound. Wildcard is Warrick, you know he would be awesome in a running team (that will play him), I'm just not sold in his ability to guard other 4's (or 3's).
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

I think the lineup will look something like this:

C: Darko/Kwame
PF: Gay/Warrick
SF: Miller/?? (Gay?)
SG: Navarro/Crit
PG: Conley/ Lowry

Miller can also play some 2 guard. I am assuming that Gay will play the 4 just because Ivaroni likes to go small.

I am probably wrong with the roster though so don't take my word for it. You all would probably have a better judgment then I do.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

I doint even know at this point.Are team is in disaray.Im sure ivaroni will figure something out.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: